Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo: General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Posted this on the game news section by mistake so I'll post it again here.

Is Mega Man Legacy Collection available physically on the Switch anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

i honestly think the N64 mini would be a mistake. A large part of the appeal with the nes and snes minis for me is their retro appeal. The N64 doesn't have that -it was 'next gen' and indeed many of the high-end games today contain foundations that the N64 innovated. All that said, and as important as the N64 was, i'm not sure alot of the games hold up that well. Plus the fact that the game that your average punter would relate most to with the N64 (Goldeneye) has little or no chance of making it on a potential N64 mini (and even then you'd want 4 controllers! cost €€€)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

manual_man wrote: »
    i honestly think the N64 mini would be a mistake. A large part of the appeal with the nes and snes minis for me is their retro appeal. The N64 doesn't have that -it was 'next gen' and indeed many of the high-end games today contain foundations that the N64 innovated. All that said, and as important as the N64 was, i'm not sure alot of the games hold up that well. Plus the fact that the game that your average punter would relate most to with the N64 (Goldeneye) has little or no chance of making it on a potential N64 mini (and even then you'd want 4 controllers! cost €€€)

Is it also bad news for potentially getting any N64 games on the Switch?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I would be against the N64 Mini due to the games aging terribly.

That said.

If this runs the games at NTSC speeds, rather than the PAL, it will be very interesting indeed.

Waverace 64, 1080, Pilotwings, these would all enjoy a significant bump in terms of reduction of screen borders and framerate.
    If they can include a built in rumble function too, and ensure that the Super Mario 64 and Waverace are the editions that support it, it could be even more desirable.
    I have played the rumble edition Waverace on an NTSC N64 and it's like a new game, just fantastic.

But this won't possibly host Goldeneye though, due to licencing, so let's hope it's as easy a hack as the NES and Snes minis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I would be against the N64 Mini due to the games aging terribly.

That said.

If this runs the games at NTSC speeds, rather than the PAL, it will be very interesting indeed.

Waverace 64, 1080, Pilotwings, these would all enjoy a significant bump in terms of reduction of screen borders and framerate.
    If they can include a built in rumble function too, and ensure that the Super Mario 64 and Waverace are the editions that support it, it could be even more desirable.
    I have played the rumble edition Waverace on an NTSC N64 and it's like a new game, just fantastic.

But this won't possibly host Goldeneye though, due to licencing, so let's hope it's as easy a hack as the NES and Snes minis.

I'd say most if not all rare games wont be on it if it comes unless they do a deal with ms. Another unlikely due to licencing is WWF No Mercy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Posted this on the game news section by mistake so I'll post it again here.

Is Mega Man Legacy Collection available physically on the Switch anywhere?

Partially. If you buy from the US, you get Legacy Collection 1 on the cart, but you still have to download Legacy Collection 2 via the code in box. In Europe, it's download only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

naughtb4 wrote: »

They might, if possible, re-work some N64 titles to work online like the NES titles. Wouldn't mind me a bit of online Wave Race 64 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Awck. Thats annoying. Oh welp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

magnumbud wrote: »
    I'd say most if not all rare games wont be on it if it comes unless they do a deal with ms. Another unlikely due to licencing is WWF No Mercy.

They have had 20 years to prepare for the day when they needed to strip out all the Bond branding, specific game text and textures. 20 years! Silvernose is coming. It has to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I thought a spokesperson said a few weeks ago that there were no current plans for the virtual console on switch. That makes zero sense to me, all those classic games would be so nice to play on switch on the go or on tv, unless they intend on only making the classic games available via these mini consoles, for now at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I thought a spokesperson said a few weeks ago that there were no current plans for the virtual console on switch. That makes zero sense to me, all those classic games would be so nice to play on switch on the go or on tv, unless they intend on only making the classic games available via these mini consoles, for now at least.

They said the virtual console brand won't be on the switch, not that the concept won't be used

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For anyone complaining at a lack of games due to be released for SNES
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07D8PLN4L/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Has anyone got the Collectors Edition of Xenoblade Chronicles 2? If so is worth £80?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

NIS America Brings Suda51’s Killer 7 to Steam This Fall with HD Remaster

https://twinfinite.net/2018/05/nis-america-brings-suda51s-killer-7-to-steam-this-fall/

https://twitter.com/suda_51/status/1000624802212835329

killer7 - Announcement Trailer (Steam)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dphVWNPKCiM

I'm posting this here instead of the Switch game news thread as it hasn't been announced and it may never, it's PC only for now, but who knows. It's interesting though as it originally started out as a Gamecube game and was intended to be an exclusive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

sligeach wrote:
    I'm posting this here instead of the Switch game news thread as it hasn't been announced and it may never, it's PC only for now, but who knows. It's interesting though as it originally started out as a Gamecube game and was intended to be an exclusive.

Never got to finish it. Remember enjoying it immensely though, it was so off the wall compared to most other games at the time.

sligeach wrote: »
    NIS America Brings Suda51’s Killer 7 to Steam This Fall with HD Remaster

<snip>

Allegedly, they're up to something shady, and using Dolphin behind the scenes. Which would go a long way to explaining why it's only PC.

Killer7 is coming to Steam later this fall [Polygon]
    After it was announced at a Momocon 2018 panel in Atlanta, hawk-eyed users on Twitter and YouTube noted that the trailer’s final scene appeared to show the FPS counter used by the Dolphin emulator for GameCube.

https://twitter.com/Screvvy/status/1000611428800311296

Others mentioned this was probably something being done only for the trailer. Either way, we’ve dropped a line with NIS America to ask what’s going on.

Be interesting how this one pans out...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I still have it, never finished it though, it's seriously creepy .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I did, loved it, and the other games that deal brought us, like Viewtiful Joe, PN03, and Resi 4.

Found Killer 7 the hardest one I go back to, as getting to grips with the controls again was tricky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Star Lord wrote: »
    Viewtiful Joe

Port that to the switch NOW!!!

Grassey wrote: »
    Port that to the switch NOW!!!

Yes, there are some cracking titles out there, for some reason while Okami gets ported to everything Viewtiful Joe does not.
    But it's tons of fun.

• Advertisement

• CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I still have it, never finished it though, it's seriously creepy .

One the best games I completed last year.
    Plan on a second play-through on the cube again sometime this year.

• Star Lord wrote: »
    I did, loved it, and the other games that deal brought us, like Viewtiful Joe, PN03, and Resi 4.

Found Killer 7 the hardest one I go back to, as getting to grips with the controls again was tricky!

It kind of reminds me of a precursor Vanquish. I love Mikamis work but this one looks lacking.

It was kinda rushed out. It's fairly samey, but I've always enjoyed it!

It was kinda rushed out. It's fairly samey, but I've always enjoyed it!

Sounds like the title of your sex tape!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Sounds like the title of your sex tape!

Sounds like you've watched it! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well it only lasted a few minutes

oWArFHP2HN7W.gif

Sounds like you've watched it! :(

I thought I was only watching the trailer for it, turned out that was the whole thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Advertisement

I don't think too many people will mourn the passing of the project, it felt like it was tied to the WiiU in some regard anyway.
    And who want's to be associated with that rotting albatross corpse! ;)

Advertisement