Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo: General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

deadl0ck wrote: »
    So - approx 50 yo-yo's to spend on eShop (part of my birthday present from my wife).
    What to get ?
    I had a look on the SA Store and I can get Battle Chasers, Hollow Knight and Blossom Tales (~Total about 56 Euro)

Any other suggestions ?

I've 28 hours into Hollow Knight now and I think I've another 10 or so to go. Once you unlock some of the movement abilities the game really opens up.

I really don't think you'd be disappointed.

Golf Story is very good as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Golf Story is very good as well
    Already completed it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Okami HD, Salt and Sanctuary and Dead Cells should be considered.

I know Okami HD and Dead Cells can now be preordered from the eshop (I know because I've done it).

You'll get hours out of both games (Okami HD is a 35 hour game, add 15 if you're a completionist).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Damn, Okami....
    I have it on PS2, Wii, PS3, PS4 and the sequel on the DS.... do I need it again???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Mr E wrote: »
    Okami HD, Salt and Sanctuary and Dead Cells should be considered.

I know Okami HD and Dead Cells can now be preordered from the eshop (I know because I've done it).

You'll get hours out of both games (Okami HD is a 35 hour game, add 15 if you're a completionist).
    All good suggestions but I'm off for a week next on hols in the caravan with the clan so I want to get the games before I go on Saturday......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Damn, Okami....
    I have it on PS2, Wii, PS3, PS4 and the sequel on the DS.... do I need it again???

I've tried to play the game 2 or 3 times but never got into it. Granted, I've only played the first 20 mins or so. I think I'll get it and give it a proper go this time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

chrislad wrote: »
    I've tried to play the game 2 or 3 times but never got into it. Granted, I've only played the first 20 mins or so. I think I'll get it and give it a proper go this time.

I got into it the first two times, PS2 and Wii, but the games pile was soooo big and new things added every week... I would simply get distracted.
    I'm saying that as if it is a past phenomenon and I'm a much wiser gamer now... nope... still easily motivated to buy, equally motivated to be distracted by something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

20 minutes definitely isn't enough time to get into it, it's pretty slow burning to start with. I remember I thought I had come to the end of the game and it was only the end of the intro essentially :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Damn, Okami....

Depends if you can bare to live with an incomplete Okami collection. :)

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Depends if you can bare to live with an incomplete Okami collection. :)

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Picked up SteamWorld Dig 2 there this week fantastic fun game I have been glued to the switch since I got it.

Well worth a play as its something totally different.

I have looked at what games I have bought for the switch since I got it on day one last year I some how only get 1st party Nintendo games and Indie games I would not buy on the ps4 or Xbox one crazy.

But some how the switch games I think a lot cheaper then what the 3ds games were when it 1st came out. I paid 23 euros for a hard copy of steam World dig 2 not a hope you would have got that for 23 euros on the 3ds!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Hi folks. My brother's visiting from abroad and is taking his Switch. He didn't take the dock as he was afraid of it getting damaged, but he still wants to play a bit of Mario Kart MP on the telly without forking out for a second dock.
    Would anyone be able to tell me if I could get one of these hub adapters in Dublin?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-Nintendo-Converter-Macbook-Samsung/dp/B078RZQJ8D/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1532676766&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=usb+c+hub+adapter+nintendo+switch&dpPl=1&dpID=419v2DKcTGL&ref=plSrch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Hi folks. My brother's visiting from abroad and is taking his Switch. He didn't take the dock as he was afraid of it getting damaged, but he still wants to play a bit of Mario Kart MP on the telly without forking out for a second dock.
    Would anyone be able to tell me if I could get one of these hub adapters in Dublin?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-Nintendo-Converter-Macbook-Samsung/dp/B078RZQJ8D/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1532676766&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=usb+c+hub+adapter+nintendo+switch&dpPl=1&dpID=419v2DKcTGL&ref=plSrch

I see its prime.

Sign up to a amazon prime trail and its free 2 day shipping to Ireland then.

More then likely won't be able to get one in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

https://news.cision.com/thq-nordic-ab/r/thq-nordic-acquires-timesplitters,c2592484

Not specifically Nintendo news but I see THQ Nordic have bought the rights to the Timesplitters franchise.

A remastered release of the original trilogy (and a new game) would be amazing on the Switch.

I'd say Timesplitters 2 was easily my most played Gamecube game when released.

Is it safe to say the n64 mini won't be happening this year?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is it safe to say the n64 mini won't be happening this year?

Unlikely, but to be honest, it's not something I would care for. Those types of graphics haven't aged too well, and the N64 doesn't have the same widespread adoration that both the NES and SNES had.

It's also unlikely they would have GoldenEye, which was *the* game for most regular people who bought an N64.

Unlikely, but to be honest, it's not something I would care for. Those types of graphics haven't aged too well, and the N64 doesn't have the same widespread adoration that both the NES and SNES had.

It's also unlikely they would have GoldenEye, which was *the* game for most regular people who bought an N64.

I guess I'm irregular then. :shrugs:

Whack Mario 64, both Zeldas, F-Zero and Mario Kart on there and I'd sell my PS4*.

(* Disclaimer : I would not actually sell my PS4).

I guess I'm irregular then. :shrugs:

Whack Mario 64, both Zeldas, F-Zero and Mario Kart on there and I'd sell my PS4*.

(* Disclaimer : I would not actually sell my PS4).

When I say regular, I mean the "non-gamer" crowd - my brother doesn't play games much, but couldn't tear himself away from it.

He wouldn't touch a 3D Mario, Zelda, or pretty much any other game from that era, and for me, I'd rather just play the remasters on the 3DS of the Zelda games than the originals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

There’s absolutely no reason why Nintendo couldn’t bump the internal resolution of these games up a couple of notches, like the modern emulators can do. The games go from “jaysus :(“ to “noice :cool:” very easily. No faffing about remastering games, just a very simple bit of spit and polish to make the games look more acceptable.

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/183773617

Inviere wrote: »
    There’s absolutely no reason why Nintendo couldn’t bump the internal resolution of these games up a couple of notches, like the modern emulators can do. The games go from “jaysus :(“ to “noice :cool:” very easily. No faffing about remastering games, just a very simple bit of spit and polish to make the games look more acceptable.

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/183773617

I think Nintendo do that, at least for some titles.

Zelda OOT and MM definitely ran at a higher resolution on the GameCube special editions. If I were to replay those, I think I'd start there.

• Advertisement

Zelda OOT and MM definitely ran at a higher resolution on the GameCube special editions. If I were to relay those, I think I'd start there.

Majora kept crashing at the same part when I attempted to play the GC version

Zelda OOT and MM definitely ran at a higher resolution on the GameCube special editions. If I were to replay those, I think I'd start there.

This. Exactly.

Give me a Switch GC emulator ahead of a N64 mini any day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

Give me a Switch GC emulator ahead of a N64 mini any day.

An N64 Mini with enough processing grunt could easily run N64 games at those higher resolutions though. Plus you'd get an actual (full sized I'd imagine) N64 controller... Playing N64 games on the Joycons would not be fun imo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Great breakdown on the design of Super Metroid.
    This channel is well worth subscribing to as he has a series in dungeons in every Zelda game & will be doing a video on Symphony of the Night next

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1037596347979812864

(Aside : Wow, Japan is getting absolutely battered.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jany4MV.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Mr E wrote: »
    Jany4MV.jpg

Annoyingly hoarse? Red spots on top? Smaller than everyone else?

I'm wondering how she knows what Toad's looks like. I'm pretty sure any pictures that exist aren't official

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Wait, does that picture imply the spotty part of Toad's head is a hat and not part of him? Is that canon?

• Advertisement

Advertisement