Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo: General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

They scalped him!!!! The MONSTERS!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

CastorTroy wrote: »
    DnYdBIzXoAUgocG.jpg

Where have you been all this time, living under a toadstool? Or am I missing something? :p

Edit: Nevermind, I seen the previous page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

I'm wondering how she knows what Toad's looks like. I'm pretty sure any pictures that exist aren't official

Remember that fappening thing a few years back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Wait, does that picture imply the spotty part of Toad's head is a hat and not part of him? Is that canon?

That's the most troubling thing for you on that page? Really?
    *shudder*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Inviere wrote: »
    Remember that fappening thing a few years back?

Nope. Never saw anything about Jennifer Lawrence, Kate Upton, etc photos leaking. Not at all. :cool:

Was just watching that video where he confirms it's Toad's head and he mentions something that was hidden in Odyssey and not found at that point. Was it ever found, I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Banjo wrote: »
    That's the most troubling thing for you on that page? Really?
    *shudder*
    Of all the Mario Kart characters Toad is probably the most phallic. He's no Bowser sizewise, but at least there's no green spiky shell attached.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

In nontendo news, Sony are jumping on the mini bandwagon and releasing a PlayStation Classic (a tiny PS1 with 20 games preloaded).

I think the games look incredibly dated though.
    They have only announced a few games. I assume there will be a drip-feed of news over the next few months.
    Out in December for what I assume will be €99.99 (it's $99.99 in the US)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Mr E wrote: »
    I think the games look incredibly dated though.

Which is exactly why I don't think an N64 mini would work

2D retro is timeless.... 3D retro sadly is best played in your memories

There's plenty of new excellent 3d mario games and even ocarina of time has been updated on 3ds.... I think nintendo will keep a close eye on the public reaction to this

Yep. I'll sell like hotcakes though. Nostalgia wins, every time.
    My C64 Mini has been in its box since April though, so I've learned my lesson.

Probably.

Says €99.99 at the end of that ad.
    It compares size to the original but how is it when compared to PSOne?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Good question, I have an original PS and a couple of PSones, one with the official screen, which is nice, but I'll probably have to wait for some annoying twonk on Youtube to do a comparison video to get some answers.
    More a pity that the controllers aren't Dual Shock, as that means there's some games that are just not going to control as well.

As for the visuals, some have dated badly, but there are plenty of pretty great games, such as Symphony of the Night, that look amazing, not to mention the likes of Air Combat 2 which still look pretty decent and play great.

Feck you anyway, Cidey. I really would pay 100 quid to play SOTN. Only 5 games announced so far, so we'll see what the other 15 are.

The original rectangle boob Lara Croft has to make the cut!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Never owned a Playstation... it was almost a point of pride. Might wait and see if it gets cracked wide open. Given that it'll need a little more grunt and storage than a (s)NES mini to run PS games properly, might be a better all-round option for a pretty under-the-telly retro game solution than the SNES.

Feck you anyway, Cidey. I really would pay 100 quid to play SOTN. Only 5 games announced so far, so we'll see what the other 15 are.

Hmm... the Korean ratings board have leaked a collection called Castlevania Requiem (Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night in a bundle) for PS4.

Switch please, Konami!

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-19-looks-like-castlevania-symphony-of-the-night-and-rondo-of-blood-are-being-re-released

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mad thing is, a quick mod and a PS Vita will play every PS game you could want.

True. But sure how many have Vitas?��
    And compare that to the number of ways to play NES and SNES games yet still bought those minis

True. But sure how many have Vitas?��
    And compare that to the number of ways to play NES and SNES games yet still bought those minis

I have an obscene amount of ways to play NES/SNES games, from original hardware to mini remakes, from PSP to on my arcade cabinet.
    Never enough though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Never owned a NES or SNES. Today's release of NESflix is fantastic for me. Already diving into Mario 3.

Never owned a NES or SNES. Today's release of NESflix is fantastic for me. Already diving into Mario 3.

There are those who rate SMB3 higher than SMW... and in some way they have a point.
    The addition of the savestates is going make completing SMB3 much easier.

• Advertisement

Which is exactly why I don't think an N64 mini would work

2D retro is timeless.... 3D retro sadly is best played in your memories

At stock resolutions yes. The difference some performace grunt can make though is quite outstanding, and really puts a bit of spit and polish on these early 3D games.

Skip to 6:05 below

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Yep. I'll sell like hotcakes though. Nostalgia wins, every time.
    My C64 Mini has been in its box since April though, so I've learned my lesson.

Probably.

Where was I when this was announced? I went looking for info on it, it's actually quite disappointing. The keyboard isn't real and the list of games are like what? :confused: Where's Midnight Resistance, Rastan, Creatures, Flimbo's Quest, etc? License issues no doubt.

Speaking of nostalgia, Sega have announced that their Mega Drive Mini has been delayed until 2019.

Sega pushes Mega Drive Mini global release to 2019

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/9/19/17878556/sega-mega-drive-mini-genesis-delayed

sligeach wrote: »
    Speaking of nostalgia, Sega have announced that their Mega Drive Mini has been delayed until 2019.

Sega pushes Mega Drive Mini global release to 2019

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/9/19/17878556/sega-mega-drive-mini-genesis-delayed

It's an AtGames product, they can keep it.

sligeach wrote: »
    Where was I when this was announced? I went looking for info on it, it's actually quite disappointing. The keyboard isn't real and the list of games are like what? :confused: Where's Midnight Resistance, Rastan, Creatures, Flimbo's Quest, etc? License issues no doubt.

Creatures is there. Other games can be loaded via USB drive. A firmware update (due in October to coincide with the US release) will make adding custom games easier, and will hopefully add support for custom joypads (the packed joystick is terrible).

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Inviere wrote: »
    It's an AtGames product, they can keep it.

I think it's being delayed because a Japanese developer is looking at both the hardware and software, so it still has some hope of being good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Anyone else struggling with the controls on the SMB3, it feels awkward on the switch, or at least in handheld mode.

tried to play last night with 1 joycon (left one is off for repair), it was very awkward, less awkward than Zelda though!

I was playing SMB3 last night, during the power cut, and it was great!
    No control issues here at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

On a pro controller or a single joycon?

I played SMB3 as well last night on my pro controller and it was OK but not great.

• Advertisement

• CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Out of interest, in handheld mode with both joycons or with just one?

Advertisement