Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo: General Discussion

Comments

'The real Super Mario' dies aged 84 [BBC]
    Mario Segale, the man after whom video game hero Super Mario was named, has died aged 84.

Mr Segale was a successful Italian-American property developer from the US state of Washington.

In the 1980s, he leased a warehouse to Nintendo of America who decided to name the star of their new video game after him.

Mr Segale joked to the Seattle Times in 1993 that he was "still waiting for my royalty cheques".

Super Mario was originally called Jumpman until Nintendo decided it wanted to give the character a proper name.

Mr Segale said it was Minoru Arakawa, who had been tasked with setting up Nintendo of America, who told him the video game hero carried his name.

According to his obituary, Mr Segale "always ducked the notoriety and wanted to be known instead for what he accomplished in his life".

He leaves behind his wife Donna, four children and nine grandchildren.

The Mario series is often cited as the most successful video games franchise of all time.

The plumber's latest adventure, Super Mario Odyssey, is currently the best-selling game on the new Nintendo Switch console and has sold more than 12 million copies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Brie Larson, as if she wasn't already pretty cool, dressed as Zero Suit Samus for halloween.

https://twitter.com/MidtownThwip/status/1058155972181540864?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, I'm after getting a 128gb card to replace the current 64gb one in my Switch.
    What's the procedure for this, how can I avoid having to download everything again?

Cidey - in the exact same boat as you now - just ordered a 128gb card to replace my 64gb one (should have it tomorrow or Friday) - what did you do after ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Cidey - in the exact same boat as you now - just ordered a 128gb card to replace my 64gb one (should have it tomorrow or Friday) - what did you do after ?

Drag and drop folder contents via PC from old card to new. Worked for me on 32gb to 64gb and more lately 64gb to 200gb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

deadl0ck wrote: »
    I still don't even have a card in mine and I have it since launch day and use it regularly, why can't you just delete what your not playing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

iamtony wrote: »
    I still don't even have a card in mine and I have it since launch day and use it regularly, why can't you just delete what your not playing?
    I have bad broadband speeds so it takes forever to download stuff - so I'd rather not have to if I can help it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

iamtony wrote: »

Bro, do you even Switch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ah b*llocks.

This month's is the last ever Games TM.

B*llocks b*llocks b*llocks.

B*llocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Ah b*llocks.

B*llocks.

And how do you feel about that?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I prefer Edge myself, GameTM always felt like it was trotting out the same reviews just two weeks later.
    The retro section was interesting though.

• Advertisement

Need audio for full effect (and it is safe for work):

https://twitter.com/TheGuardianMew/status/1061741967447592960

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That's almost perfect. I've never been into Smash Bros, but that trailer would nearly convince me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

First trailer for Detective Pikachu. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Deadpool is Pikachu?

Seriously though, that looks.....good?

Deadpool is Pikachu?

Seriously though, that looks.....good?

I know, right? Even with the freakishly realistic Pokémon, it looks like it'll have enough humour to pull it off.

It looks pretty interesting but I don't like Reynolds as another wise cracking character, and he doesn't suit Pikachu imo. Not every character has to be 'edgy'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Anyone know the best place to buy a replacement decent 3DS battery?
    I was buying one from amazon but was told not to, as they are dodgy. I can't find any 'official' sellers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm confused. Why do I want to go see a live action Pokemon movie all of a sudden?

Nintendo announcing Black Friday deals (US only), in typical Nintendo style. Ah Nintendo, you crazy and lovable bastards...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Nintendo announcing Black Friday deals (US only), in typical Nintendo style. Ah Nintendo, you crazy and lovable bastards...

Do you mean the charm or US only???

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    Do you mean the charm or US only???

The charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Moanyhole

My son bought fifa 19 and keeps getting an error message when trying to play on line?
    He’s only 10 and the troubleshooting isn’t very clear.
    Has anyone experienced the same issues?
    Or can point me in right direction please

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Moanyhole wrote: »
    My son bought fifa 19 and keeps getting an error message when trying to play on line?

Do you have an online account?
    Is the console happily working online as it is?
    If an error code is displayed, give it a Google, see what it refers to.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Moanyhole

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Do you have an online account?
    Is the console happily working online as it is?
    If an error code is displayed, give it a Google, see what it refers to.

Hi thanks for your reply.

Yes he has a Nintendo account. And the console does work on line.

The error code is very basic

Ea.com how
    To connect. I don’t think he has an ea account. But I can’t see where I can sign him up for one.

FIFA 18 was working fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Moanyhole wrote: »

You need an EA account to play online. When you log in first it asks you to set up an account or to link an account.

Go to EA website and register an account there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Ah b*llocks.

B*llocks.

Used to get that and Edge regularly enough. But both of them were the guts of a tenner each last time I checked, too rich for me. Games mag heyday was back with Zzap!64, early c&vg days and Amiga Format. :)

No N64 Mini in the works according to Reggie. Not in the 'planning horizon' when asked about it. The rumours seemed pretty strong so surprising they seem to be wrong. Only a matter of time anyway of course I would have guessed, but the tone of answer seems that they aren't pursuing the mini consoles anymore, or at least as of now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

Corholio wrote: »
    No N64 Mini in the works according to Reggie. Not in the 'planning horizon' when asked about it. The rumours seemed pretty strong so surprising they seem to be wrong. Only a matter of time anyway of course I would have guessed, but the tone of answer seems that they aren't pursuing the mini consoles anymore, or at least as of now.

The GameBoy family has to be a certainty for the "Classics" treatment...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

One thing that will really stand to the WiiU is that when it gets its Classics treatment itll be a cinch to green light and we'll get all the best games cause the licensing is a cinch when there's f-all 3rd party support :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Banjo wrote:
    One thing that will really stand to the WiiU is that when it gets its Classics treatment itll be a cinch to green light and we'll get all the best games cause the licensing is a fiddle when there's f-all 3rd party support

Saw a post on reddit today that 20% of the wii u physical releases have already been ported to switch.

Come on Nintendo pull the finger out, I'm waiting on a few choice titles!

Advertisement