Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo: General Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Hey, I'm spending too much time thinking about this stuff and not actually playing games or doing much else in the little free time I have.

I'll admit I'm depressed and need to step away from this for a while and maybe get some help.

Take it easy and enjoy the delights that Nintendo has to offer. They truly create some beautiful, timeless hardware and software. Except for those pesky joycons.

Will come back on board when the new links awakening comes out.

Until then. Adieu!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Look after yourself, Conor...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Spaniards Create Nintendo Tribute To Donald Trump, Just To Burn It Down
    vqqsqzbnkgevoenwfnn8.jpg

https://kotaku.com/spaniards-create-nintendo-tribute-to-donald-trump-just-1833390328

This is beyond awesome. Such dedication, skill and artistry.

Super Mario World is probably my favourite 2D Mario game. Super Mario Maker would top it, but it's in a different category to the other games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭laneykin

Have a code for a 7-Day subscription on Nintendo online that I'm not using if anyone wants it?

Nintendo rises on reports of new Switch models
    Nintendo shares jumped on Tuesday following a report that the Kyoto-based games company was planning to launch two new models of its Switch console in 2019.

Shares in the Japanese console maker rose as much as 6.7 per cent in morning trading after the Wall Street Journal reported that Nintendo was planning to release the new models in a bid to sustain sales momentum.

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-eu.s3.amazonaws.com%2F4dd39702-4f79-11e9-b401-8d9ef1626294?source=next&fit=scale-down&width=700

https://www.ft.com/content/3ae41ec4-4f73-11e9-b401-8d9ef1626294

I came across this randomly on Twitter just now, it’s so good, I think it deserves some acknowledgement and recognition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Hmmmm, while the posts are marked 29th of March, the look is so spot on that I can't help but feel like someone has stitched a bunch of screenshots together and is making mugs of us all.....

More love for Yoshi’s Crafted World.

Yoshi's Crafted World (IN 34,788 DOMINOES!)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=_lDtd9rVh8Q

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 JobsMan

This is general discussion right? I have a Switch and one game, Zelda BOTW. Long time Zelda fan and this is one of the best in the series. But I'm nearly finished and thought I'd get another game. Something with a great story, but I can also pick up and play without investing too much time into. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

JobsMan wrote: »
    This is general discussion right? I have a Switch and one game, Zelda BOTW. Long time Zelda fan and this is one of the best in the series. But I'm nearly finished and thought I'd get another game. Something with a great story, but I can also pick up and play without investing too much time into. Any suggestions?

If you're looking for a shorter experience, I would recommend games like Limbo and Inside. I'm playing Inside myself at the moment and really enjoying it.

I found Mario Odyssey great for dipping in and out of. You can probably get to the end credits in about 10 hours or less. The story isn't exactly riveting but that's Mario for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JobsMan

Yeah I heard its good. I was contemplating it as my first game, but tbh I've been a bit Mario'd out over the last few years. I was looking at Undertale as I'd heard a few good things, but then was warned off it as it is pretty niche, or so they said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I would also recommend the Bayonetta series. They can be a bit button bashy at times but i really enjoyed playing them.

The story in LA Noire is actually pretty decent. But thats a bit longer to play. I enjoyed it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Mario is brilliant, also if its your sort of game then go for Diablo :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Yeah I heard its good. I was contemplating it as my first game, but tbh I've been a bit Mario'd out over the last few years. I was looking at Undertale as I'd heard a few good things, but then was warned off it as it is pretty niche, or so they said.

Honestly, go with Mario Odyssey - the cappy mechanic really does add to the game. It's a fantastic game - I know about Mario burnout - I'm struggling to get through New Super Mario Bros Deluxe Super Magic Switch Edition U - but Odyssey is close to flawless as you can get from a 3D platformer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 s.curran

I agree with others here who've suggested Bayonetta (1+2), Odyssey, Limbo, Undertale and LA Noire, they're all great games.
    Another game that get's overlooked a bit and you should check out if you like Zelda (as tbh, it's a bit of a Zelda clone) is Yono and the celestial elephants. I picked it up on the eshop around Christmas and actually really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If looking at Zelda clones, Okami is great

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Cracked out the old SNES last night hours spent playing street fighter 2 turbo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭peter4918

CastorTroy wrote: »
    If looking at Zelda clones, Okami is great

This ^^^ ^^^
    Spot on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

This must have taken a long time to make

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Xenoblade 2 is rather good. It's not an Action RPG like zelda but it's got a rich story and a decent battle system. You can't really go wrong with the other suggestions here either, especially Bayonetta which is a personal favourite of mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

So yesterday was Reggie's last day at Nintendo. I was hoping for a surprise Nintendo Direct but no such luck. :o

He did start a new Twitter account though (@reggie) and posted up some cool tweets.

I think he will be missed (by most ;)).

https://twitter.com/Reggie/status/1117820873522593792

https://twitter.com/Reggie/status/1117852313559769088

https://twitter.com/Reggie/status/1117980220538015744

https://twitter.com/Reggie/status/1118007047948095490

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

They could have some fun with Doug Bowsers first Direct, hopefully coming soon! It's such a gift to them to have a president called Bowser, they really should milk it! 😂 Nintendo: The Evil Years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

New 8.0.0 update out this morning. I love that an update for the Switch takes mere seconds while a PS4 can take much, much longer...

We can now re-organise our games!! Also saves are now transferable between systems.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-04-16-nintendo-switch-update-adds-ability-to-transfer-save-data-between-systems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Could still do the Direct since it is recorded. But we'll see.
    Has the new European president started yet?

GPD teases a Nintendo Switch inspired handheld
    e5b6f0e5-00db-41bd-96f1-c320e5ac68e5.jpg

https://hexus.net/gaming/news/hardware/129773-gpd-teases-nintendo-switch-inspired-handheld/

If this ever sees the light of day, I'd say it would crash and burn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I dunno, GPD make some nice stuff. I have a GPD XD and it's a really well put together emulation machine. If they beef up the internals to match the Switch, which isn't beyond the realms of possibility, then it will handily run Dreamcast, Gamecube, Playstation and SNES games.

The XD already runs Dreamcast and PSOne in a very playable state and it's nearly five years old now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Game just popped into my head.

It was spacey/sci-fi. You could shoot the enemies or whip your hair at them. The opening level was very red in colour.

Please tell me I'm not tripping and this exists.

Advertisement