Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo: General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Game just popped into my head.

It was spacey/sci-fi. You could shoot the enemies or whip your hair at them. The opening level was very red in colour.

Please tell me I'm not tripping and this exists.

Kabuki Quantum Fighter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Kabuki Quantum Fighter?

That's the one I see, you use your hair, but you don't shoot enemies. You can punch them. The opening level has a fair amount of red.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Cheers lads. That's the one. Twas wrecking me head.

Full sure I've a copy up in the attic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Oh wow! Serious flashbacks! I had that too and loved it as a kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Is 25% of the best we'll probably see on Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 on the eshop? Because it's on sale at the moment, and I don't want to buy it now only for it for go on sale for more off later. I'm pretty cheap, I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm addicted to Etrian Odyssey... that is to buying them...
    I love the look of them and the idea of them but, to my shame, I just can't seem to get into them!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Lads, I've an option to get a Ds Lite for cheap (it needs a replacement lower screen, which I reckon I can do and would be a fun tinkering opportunity)

I've already got a Switch, but haven't ever had a DS family handheld so am wondering if it's worth it. What are the must-have, only-on-DS games that might persuade me? (I've played NSMB elsewhere and already own at least 4 different versions of Mario Kart). And how spendy would it be to get them? If I'm going to be hocking a kidney to buy the games that are worth getting I'd probably skip it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Fysh wrote: »

I've already got a Switch, but haven't ever had a DS family handheld so am wondering if it's worth it. What are the must-have, only-on-DS games that might persuade me? (I've played NSMB elsewhere and already own at least 4 different versions of Mario Kart). And how spendy would it be to get them? If I'm going to be hocking a kidney to buy the games that are worth getting I'd probably skip it.

You're probably better off splashing out on the 3DS tbh, broaden your game library.

Thats my problem with the DS/3DS, the price of games can be insane. Theres a load of games id like to get, Majoras mask, Bravely default to name some, but their price had always been €45-50+ which is just insane for a handheld cartidge game.

So my advice to you would be to go here: https://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/3ds?sort=desc

Pick out 5 games you would really like to play and then do a price check on them and see if they would be worth it. Just do a quick check on Amazon and CEX, you might get lucky with some bargins.

I'm thinking getting games for your switch will be better cost wise.

To add, if your minds set on the DS only, heres a list of the DS games:

https://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/ds/filtered

But again yeah, depends on what games you are into, from a quick glance, i can only recall picking up Chrono trigger, i remember it cost a bit at the time, but a quick glance at amazon now, its going for £56 and on CEX its going for €65 :eek:

So unless theres some site i dont know about that sells the game a lot cheaper, me thinks yer gonna be disappointed.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Yeah, it's partly things like Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks and Metroid Hunters that have me intrigued, but no way will those be cheap, hence looking for ideas about whether it's worth the money. Part of my issue is I've never even spent much time playing them so may well decide after a few minutes that I can't be arsed.

I'll have a nose through those lists and check out prices. Thanks for replying :)

• Advertisement

Yeah i hear ya, to tell the truth, ive only played the thing when traveling, or the time i was stuck in hospital for awhile. When you're at home and have your PC or consoles in front of you, its hard to tear away from them to play a handheld.

So it might be worth it anyway if you can pick up one or two games you want for cheapish and can actually see yerself in a situation where you will actually play it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭_Godot_

And I'm the opposite, I can have consoles and still prefer playing on handheld (suppose it helps most of the games I like are things like pokemon and etrian odyssey).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Just watched it for the Mute City music

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

manual_man wrote: »
    Just watched it for the Mute City music

Here's a treat for you so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

While we're on the theme...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

manual_man wrote: »
    While we're on the theme...

And sure since we may as well keep rolling with it :)

https://kotaku.com/its-time-to-mario-chill-1834538741

Well if were gonna go nuts here.. :pac:

Florida Man Gets Five Years in Prison for Stealing Nintendo Switch
    Florida-man-Nintendo-Switch-thief-five-years.jpg.optimal.jpg

https://gamerant.com/nintendo-switch-theft-florida-guilty-prison/

He's not the sharpest tool in the box, during the theft he was caught on CCTV wearing a shirt that revealed his place of work.

Nintendo Moves Some Switch Production Out of China, Adapting to Tariff Threat
    Some console production shifts to Southeast Asia

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-moves-some-switch-production-out-of-china-adapting-to-tariff-threat-11560328484

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A teaser for Monster Hunter (the movie, with Mila Jovovich and Tony Jaa) has leaked online.
    Looks as high-brow as you'd expect it to. Out in 2020.

https://nintendoeverything.com/monster-hunter-movies-first-trailer-leaks-online/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I just wonder what goes through Milla's head when they send her a script - is her printer broken, so she only gets the cover page and she thinks "Monster Hunter, eh? Well the font looks ok and if I do this film I can afford to get a guy out to fix the printer...." ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Banjo wrote: »
    I just wonder what goes through Milla's head when they send her a script - is her printer broken, so she only gets the cover page and she thinks "Monster Hunter, eh? Well the font looks ok and if I do this film I can afford to get a guy out to fix the printer...." ?

Her Husband is the director.

Paul W.S. Anderson has made some awful sh!te

ERG89 wrote: »
    Her Husband is the director.

Paul W.S. Anderson has made some awful sh!te

I can concur.

He made Mortal Kombat, which was fun, and Event Horizon, which I liked a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The original Resident Evil movie wasn't terrible either, but anything since then has been pretty damn dire...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Star Lord wrote: »
    The original Resident Evil movie wasn't terrible either, but anything since then has been pretty damn dire...

I watched the first a few weeks ago. If I had more hair, my eyebrows would have disappeared into it the film was that bad.

Mila is better off just pulling faces and speaking gobbledygook. Multi-pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Perhaps I'm talking from the perspective of having seen some of the others, and the first looks superb comparatively...

Star Lord wrote: »
    Perhaps I'm talking from the perspective of having seen some of the others, and the first looks superb comparatively...

The first one was pretty good, to be fair.
    But then, I loved the first Silent Hill movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Etika, the popular Nintendo (and others) Youtube streamer was very sadly found dead in the Hudson River a few hours ago. He had been struggling with his mental health for a while. I watch hardly any streamers on Youtube but I always checked his videos out, his enthusiasm was contagious and his Direct reaction videos were always fun to watch. Very sad.

Advertisement