Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo: General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Having a bit of drift in my left joycon at the moment, anyone else have similar?

Think I recall a few on here mentioning it

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Having a bit of drift in my left joycon at the moment, anyone else have similar?

Think I recall a few on here mentioning it

Had some trouble last year with left JoyCon drift. Mine was still in warranty, so I went to Nintendo support.

I find online support chat works best. Started here: https://www.nintendoservicecentre.co.uk/contact

They had me run some checks and a gentle cleaning of the JoyCon joystick; gentle cleaning meant I needed a dry, clean, soft toothbrush.

After they guided me through all that, the joystick was still drifting so the support person advised I could send it in for repair (no charge).

There's one part of the online repair form where it asks for a postcode, and I knew beforehand I'd have trouble with that. I mentioned this to the support person; they emailed me instead, and I replied with all the information they asked for.

Few days later, got a letter with a return label to send the JoyCon in. Packed the JoyCon up and sent it in. Got it back a couple of weeks later, worked perfect since.

Cost me nothing, but that's a warranty repair.

If you're out of warranty, not sure what to tell you. The "gentle cleaning" was just to take a dry clean toothbrush, and brush the base of the joystick while rotating the joystick a full 360 degrees. Nothing invasive or hard. Aside from that, there are plenty of videos on YouTube of how to open and clean the JoyCons.

Good luck with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Today marks the 4th anniversary of the passing of former Nintendo President, Satoru Iwata on July 11 2015.
    tNZ0evP.jpg

Thanks for all the wonderful memories.

Edit: Sorry, just to clarify, it's the 11th in Japan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Anyone on here had any luck with an out of warranty joy con repair.
    Had my switch since launch and i the last week have started getting joy con drift.
    Left one affected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Anyone on here had any luck with an out of warranty joy con repair.
    Had my switch since launch and i the last week have started getting joy con drift.
    Left one affected.

I've seen a report that Nintendo are going to start fixing all joycons, regardless of warranty, but it's just a report. I don't believe Nintendo have officially confirmed yet.

https://kotaku.com/report-nintendo-will-fix-broken-joy-cons-for-free-1836646718

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It's being reported everywhere this morning. Must be official.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Can I claim back for when they charged me £30 at 13 months, after telling me it'd be free , and sending it into them

Edit: I now see they are reporting they will refund for repairs already paid for

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've had all sorts of problems with my Joycons, if there is anything at all between the Switch and the detached controllers they go out of sync.

Not sure about the drift issue though.

I wonder if there anything to be gained by sending my original set into them?

Probably no harm.

The sync issue has also affected the brand new set I got in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I wonder how many JoyCons they'll sell off the back of every Switch owner sending in their joy cons and not wanting to be without portability for a month :D

@Cidey - yours sounds like the original Left Joycon issue, the missing conductive sponge. If you don't want to wait there's a bunch of solutions available online depending on available materials and attitude to risk management.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I've also got a new weird left joycon [previously replaced one] issue where it keeps flashing low battery despite having a full charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Anyone who's returned the Joy-Con(s) for repair, did you have to send both of them or just the left one? Did you have to send the console as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I just sprayed switch cleaner into mine seemed to fix it, I also bought 2 new analogue sticks and the tools for 5£ off ebay in case they go again

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,782 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nintendo are offering repairs for free to joycons. However this only seems to be the US to avoid the class action lawsuit. Would not be surprised if this does not extend to Europe or the rest of the world until they are legally challenged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

It's that time of year again!

Goin on the old hols very soon. Think I'm gonna get Resi 4, and 1 other for the trip.

Any suggestions? Mario Kart would be perfect, but I've played it to death.

Or will I just play the Stardew Valley I got for the hols last year but played for maybe a couple of hours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is Diablo worth getting at £30 from Amazon? Fancy something new to try.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,782 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Think it's 30 euros on the eshop right now.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Think it's 30 euros on the eshop right now.

I tend to buy most of my games on cart for the Switch unless it's way cheaper digitally so for the sake of €3 I'd probably buy from Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Goin on the old hols very soon. Think I'm gonna get Resi 4, and 1 other for the trip.

Or will I just play the Stardew Valley I got for the hols last year but played for maybe a couple of hours?

Resi 4 is in the summer sale, want to be quick as it ends very soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If you get stuck into Stardew Valley on holiday, you'll miss your holiday. But you'll have a virtual greenhouse, if that's any consolation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

One of the Picross games might be a good change of pace from Resi 4.

Can also recommend Horizon Chase Turbo & Unruly Heroes (both of which got me through several hours on a recent flight)

• Advertisement

Picross is an evil time waster. For such a simple game I'd say I'm nearing Breath of the Wild play time on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Geekline's Super Nintendo Anthology book is now on sale

https://www.geeksline-publishing.com/our-books/30-super-nintendo-ultimate-edition-9791093752488.html

I bought the standard Gamecube one previously and they are very well written and researched.

Not sure I can justify €71 plus shipping at the moment though for the new one....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

One of the Picross games might be a good change of pace from Resi 4.

Can also recommend Horizon Chase Turbo & Unruly Heroes (both of which got me through several hours on a recent flight)

Like the look of Horizon Chase. It & Resi 4 on sale now, gonna grab 'em.

Thanks, y'all!

Just here to recommend Dandy Dungeon: Legend of Brave Yamada. Played it loads on mobile but now it's out on switch which is a much better fit for it.

It's basically an autobiographical game about a game developer who hates their job so starts to develop his own indie game, which is exactly what the developer of the game did. It's really charming and funny and the main dungeon crawling puzzles are lots of fun. I'd highly recommend it. It's more a console game than a mobile game so fits much better on the Switch.

http://www.dandydungeon.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭sue97

Any update on the Joy-con drift issue in Europe and free fixes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

sue97 wrote: »
    Any update on the Joy-con drift issue in Europe and free fixes.

It's something I'm going to contact them about in a week or two. Travelling soon and would like to be able to use the Switch. I'll get onto them when I'm back.

Love to know if anyone has been able to arrange a free, out of warranty repair.

https://youtu.be/S1WmmsEXtyE

I think I've seen this game before :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

TitianGerm wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/S1WmmsEXtyE

I think I've seen this game before :confused:

hah, looks like a few games mashed together..

Tales of Zelda quest :pac:

heck the main character looks exactly like the main character from Tales of Berseria, just with a comb run through her hair and a new dress..

It looks fun though :)

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »
    hah, looks like a few games mashed together..

Tales of Zelda quest :pac:

heck the main character looks exactly like the main character from Tales of Berseria, just with a comb run through her hair and a new dress..

It looks fun though :)

The enemies look like they are lifted from BOTW. Cheeky Sony :pac:

Advertisement