Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo: General Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I wonder if the remake of Links Awakening might be a prelude to Link to the Past being remade also?
    They, in their original forms, share a visual style, surely it's a certainty!
    I must get back to that game actually, both it and Chronotrigger are in my collection of original carts and I have never finished them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I wonder if the remake of Links Awakening might be a prelude to Link to the Past being remade also?
    They, in their original forms, share a visual style, surely it's a certainty!
    I must get back to that game actually, both it and Chronotrigger are in my collection of original carts and I have never finished them.

I've no idea how easy it would be from a technical stand point, but I would absolutely love ALTTP to be given the Link's Awakening treatment. I guess to have any chance, the latter will have to be well received. But it's definitely something I've been craving as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

TitianGerm wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/S1WmmsEXtyE

I think I've seen this game before :confused:

Looks like a less interesting mix of Breath of the Wild and Hyrule Warriors (gameplay and environment wise)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

You can't improve on perfection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I've been following the Switch revision (not the Switch Lite) over the past few days and Gamestop in the US are offering bonus trade-in credit against older Switch models when purchasing a new one. I sent on a quick email to Gamestop Ireland to see if they are doing the same thing and got this back today;

"Hello Paul,

Thank for you contacting GameStop Customer Service.

Our promotions team in Ireland is working on a similar Switch to New Switch Upgrade offer.

The full details have not been finalised yet, but should be done and advertises when the New Switches begin to arrive to us.

They are due to arrive in the first or second week in September.
    "

Sounds good. I think I'll be availing of the service if the trade-in bonus is right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Rhyme wrote: »
    I've been following the Switch revision (not the Switch Lite) over the past few days and Gamestop in the US are offering bonus trade-in credit against older Switch models when purchasing a new one. I sent on a quick email to Gamestop Ireland to see if they are doing the same thing and got this back today;

"Hello Paul,

Thank for you contacting GameStop Customer Service.

Our promotions team in Ireland is working on a similar Switch to New Switch Upgrade offer.

The full details have not been finalised yet, but should be done and advertises when the New Switches begin to arrive to us.

They are due to arrive in the first or second week in September.
    "

Sounds good. I think I'll be availing of the service if the trade-in bonus is right.

I was thinking of doing the same actually. I want to be 100% sure my saves won't be lost though :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭laneykin

What are we expecting from the new switch? I just got my current one at Christmas so not too sure if I should go with the upgrade if it’s a good offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hmmmm. Think if it's under €69.99 (price of a 'full-price' game) to do the trade, I probably would.

That battery life is tempting.

laneykin wrote: »
    What are we expecting from the new switch? I just got my current one at Christmas so not too sure if I should go with the upgrade if it’s a good offer.

It has a much improved battery life.

Hmmmm. Think if it's under €69.99 (price of a 'full-price' game) to do the trade, I probably would.

That battery life is tempting.

My guess is it will be €99.

All the previous trade up deals have been €99 + 2 games from a list (PS4 to PS4 Pro and One S to One X) so seen as this isn't a "Pro" model console they'll probably drop the need for two games.

• Advertisement

laneykin wrote: »

I've been reading online better battery life, a somewhat improved screen (or the hardware behind the screen) with better colour management and a better fan/thermoregulation system. I've not done much reading on the specifics as a lot of it goes over my head. I'll wait for someone to do a strip-down on the differences.

I'd like to think that it'll be a better deal than the 99e one. CEX, for example, will give 186e cash for a Switch console or 216e in-store credit so if the Switch revision remains at 329e, 99e on top of that comparative trade-in value wouldn't be much of an incentive.

Who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The joycons have been rearranged internally too (no more drifting).

Still not enough for me to jump though. For now...

Mr E wrote: »
    The joycons have been rearranged internally too (no more drifting).

Still not enough for me to jump though. For now...

Reddit have photos of a stripped down version floating around and have said the internals are more or less the same, the board inside is improved. Still though, it took two years for any drifting to appear on mine so topping that up would be handy unless Nintendo extend that free drift repair service to Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yeah the analogue stick still appears to be the same. They have moved some things like the antenna...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Looking for some advice. In 3 weeks or so we're expecting our second child and I'm lucky to have 5 weeks fully paid paternity leave with another 3 weeks to take at a later date.

Obviously we're going to be very busy with a toddler and newborn but when I do have downtime I'm looking for a good but not extremely challenging Switch game to play. I generally like challenging games but something middle of the road in difficulty when sleep deprived would be good. Last paternity leave I got my old DS and played through GTA Chinatown Wars.

Was thinking Stardew Valley, any good? Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Golf Story?

Was great for the early mornings with my first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Golf Story?

Was great for the early mornings with my first

Great game but already played it. Really good fun that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Great game but already played it. Really good fun that.

If you haven't played Rayman Legends before, it's well worth picking up. Great game in jump into for short bursts but equally can get addictive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Throw a suggestion in for Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ or Enter the Gungeon. Each run lasts less than an hour on average and every failure/success makes some progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

If you haven't played Rayman Legends before, it's well worth picking up. Great game in jump into for short bursts but equally can get addictive!

Second this, its not the most difficult either - so perfect for those quick sessions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm sure you already played it, but Mario Odyssey?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,383 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I've been finding Mario and Rabbids perfect for pick up and play when I have 15/20 minutes to kill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

Celeste is good for short blasts. Challenging, but each screen is about 30 seconds to 5 mins of frustration. Then on to the next one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,980 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Folks any "adult" games that are worthwhile on the Switch? Keen to pick one up but theres really on BOTW that interests me really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

"Adult" as in the likes of Dark Souls or "adult" as in the likes of Gal Gun?

It's a 'yes' on both counts regardless.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    "Adult" as in the likes of Dark Souls or "adult" as in the likes of Gal Gun?

It's a 'yes' on both counts regardless.

Yeah thats my issue. A lot of the games seem like remasters or 8 bit style games. Have had every Nintendo ever but really trying to sell this to myself. Purely down to the lack of games.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,383 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The Nal wrote: »
    Yeah thats my issue. A lot of the games seem like remasters or 8 bit style games. Have had every Nintendo ever but really trying to sell this to myself. Purely down to the lack of games.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses maybe?

Astral Chain also out at the end of the month.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Fire Emblem: Three Houses maybe?

Astral Chain also out at the end of the month.

Cheers folks like the look of both. Will do some more research. 3-4 games will justify the purchase!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

The Nal wrote: »
    Cheers folks like the look of both. Will do some more research. 3-4 games will justify the purchase!

Diablo on the go is fantastic. I'll be picking up Doom once it drops in price too, if you haven't played it its one of the best FPS in years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Playing the Dragon Quest demo. I'd never played one before but the main characters hair is enough to make me disinterested. Is the demo a decent reflection of the main game (I know it's an RPG and there's way more, but does the general gameplay change much?)

Advertisement