Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo: General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sligeach wrote: »

I'm guessing Microsoft will or have asked them to make a new Banjo game that will 99.99% come to the Switch or future Nintendo system. There ain't no smoke without fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

ERG89 wrote: »
    I'm guessing Microsoft will or have asked them to make a new Banjo game that will 99.99% come to the Switch or future Nintendo system. There ain't no smoke without fire.

In fairness the smoke was a pic of an old laptop bag with Microsoft on it that the newest staff member was digging out to start work again. Fairly weak, even for the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Closed my account as I was spending too much time on here.
    But I need a nintendo break from the real world too :-)
    Luckily I was logged in on another laptop. Could change my password and login again :)
    (My password was supposed to have been scrambled when I closed the account)

Anyway - back on here and waiting for amazon germany to run another one of their 5 for the price of 3 offers !!

Ring Fit Adventure is touring the UK and we’d love you to come and have a go!

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2019/October/Ring-Fit-Adventure-is-touring-the-UK-and-we-d-love-you-to-come-and-have-a-go--1664949.html

Where to start? It's supposedly coming to Dublin. Ireland isn't part of the UK. Honestly, how many of you knew this was on? I haven't heard anyone talk about it. They could promote it better, even tell us where in Dublin it is.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/ring-fit-adventure-uk-amp-ireland-tour-2019-27670147621

I'm guessing it's going to be on at Dominicon going by the dates and it's on Eventbrite Ireland as well below. I had to Google it. Maynooth is not in Dublin, it's Kildare. Anyway, when you click the above link, there's nothing for Ireland. The one time Nintendo do something in Ireland and it's so unprofessional.

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/dominicon-25-tickets-77541924985?aff=ebdssbdestsearch

If it is here, no guarantee, there's a €15 fee. In fairness, the price is for the weekend and should be great value, hopefully. I've never attended before. This post has probably done more to promote it than Nintendo did themselves. :p There's also a chance for entrants to win a Nintendo Switch console, Ring Fit Adventure and a £100 voucher from the Nintendo UK Official Store. I must see if there's a blue moon in the sky as we're allowed enter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »
    Ring Fit Adventure is touring the UK and we’d love you to come and have a go!

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2019/October/Ring-Fit-Adventure-is-touring-the-UK-and-we-d-love-you-to-come-and-have-a-go--1664949.html

Where to start? It's supposedly coming to Dublin. Ireland isn't part of the UK. Honestly, how many of you knew this was on? I haven't heard anyone talk about it. They could promote it better, even tell us where in Dublin it is.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/ring-fit-adventure-uk-amp-ireland-tour-2019-27670147621

I'm guessing it's going to be on at Dominicon going by the dates and it's on Eventbrite Ireland as well below. I had to Google it. Maynooth is not in Dublin, it's Kildare. Anyway, when you click the above link, there's nothing for Ireland. The one time Nintendo do something in Ireland and it's so unprofessional.

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/dominicon-25-tickets-77541924985?aff=ebdssbdestsearch

If it is here, no guarantee, there's a €15 fee. In fairness, the price is for the weekend and should be great value, hopefully. I've never attended before. This post has probably done more to promote it than Nintendo did themselves. :p There's also a chance for entrants to win a Nintendo Switch console, Ring Fit Adventure and a £100 voucher from the Nintendo UK Official Store. I must see if there's a blue moon in the sky as we're allowed enter.

Briscoe & Shaw Serviced Apartments
    2 Forbes Street
    Grand Canal Square
    TBA Dublin D02 A624

The address is in the Eventbrite link you posted?

Thanks. Silly me, I looked at the addresses and seen Manchester and Bristol. I had a complete brain fart, should have clicked on the one with 15th November. Anyway, Nintendo have an event here in Ireland for once. Even if you don't go, you should be able to enter the first competition.

Did anyone else book an appointment for Ring Fit Adventure? I booked Sunday, and got a call today asking if I could change from Sunday to Saturday. I was caught a bit out of the blue, I wasn't even sure if I could make the Sunday appointment when booking. The guy was very friendly, UK accent and it was only afterwards that I checked the phone number, it was the UK. He'll ring again early next week to sort things out.

I was a bit shocked, and it felt a bit weird. For starters, I'm a lifelong Nintendo fan, 30+ years. It was the first time I got a call from Nintendo, ya it's just some randomer employee doing their job, but it was like, acknowledgement that I exist and they care. I thought, I should ask something, so I asked is this being run here officially by Nintendo themselves. Yep, Nintendo UK, but I should have known that. I think they might be trying to cancel Sunday and just make it a 2 day event or finish a bit early. I should have asked if they have other games available to play. We don't normally get events like this here.

Nintendo have cast their eye to the emerald Isle. I guess there are loads of playstation players they need to convert :) or maybe it's Brexit contingency :)

Switch Update 9.0's Online Play Friend Invites Finally Work! We Try It Out!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=pISzSFJ54BY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

General question about the joycons.

I know there was issues in launch consoles but didn't pay much attention as mine were fine.
    Recently I've noticed some weirdness.

I've 2 switches. The left joycon on the first one was showing as disconnected yesterday while it was attached. Then the left joycon on the 2nd switch was showing as connected but kept popping up a low battery warning. I was using the Pro controller and both joycons were attached in the dock.

Now today they're fine but I'm thinking maybe this is the start of the issue, as neither switch has had much use really.

Did 2 things I haven't done in a million years.
    Easons in O'Connell st, and Edge magazine. 10.50 ouch.

(BTW does anybody remember ACE magazine, an Edge precursor ?)

They're listing their landmark games from the past 10 years. BOTW in there of course

Also a free Nintendo getting started mini mag. Calendar for 2020 too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

conormario wrote: »

The price of Edge has shot up, it was around the €8.50 mark.
    For the first time I didn't buy it last month, a magazine I have bought religiously for the past number of decades.
    Regretted it though!
    Bought it this month and nearly fainted with the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

conormario wrote: »

(BTW does anybody remember ACE magazine, an Edge precursor ?)

They're listing their landmark games from the past 10 years. BOTW in there of course

Also a free Nintendo getting started mini mag. Calendar for 2020 too.

I never thought Edge was the type of magazine that gave away calendars or stuff with magazine.
    I was in Easons today picking up a book & the magazine section is small compared to a year ago. Probably around 60-70% smaller.
    At that price it doesn't help them tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

ERG89 wrote: »
    I never thought Edge was the type of magazine that gave away calendars or stuff with magazine.
    I was in Easons today picking up a book & the magazine section is small compared to a year ago. Probably around 60-70% smaller.
    At that price it doesn't help them tbh.

It's free on pressreader app with a library card, along with numerous other gaming mags

It's pretty unexpected you can get Edge magazine digital free via the library service here :)

Really - it was just some nostalgia for me to buy a physical games magazine!
    The British gaming mags were always pretty special ... e.g. Your Sinclair; Computer and Video Games ; ... :):)
    Often they were more entertaining than the games themselves - which was a good thing 'cause I couldn't afford any games :) or the hardware to play them on. Now I've got the cash but not the time :)

I think Edge had some spectacular issues. I think I had the first 20 or 30 issues which went to the great shredder in the sky.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Unlike most of the clickbait tripe out there Edge has some great in depth articles and a decent reviewing method.
    And it's the kind of magazine I can find myself reading through over the month and beyond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,259 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think the last Edge I bought was the Miyamoto one.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭VelcroGhost

8f5759461df8b0b6

Physical posters on My Nintendo https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/12af607617a81d6c

I had to download Pokemon Rush to get the platinum coins, after they all expired :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

8f5759461df8b0b6

Physical posters on My Nintendo https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/12af607617a81d6c

I had to download Pokemon Rush to get the platinum coins, after they all expired :P

6.25 for P+P for me. Bit annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nominees for game awards just announced. Nintendo nominees (nicked from Facebook):

Vote for The Game Awards winners at: https://thegameawards.com/nominees

Game of the Year
    Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Action Game
    Astral Chain

Action/Adventure Game
    The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Art Direction
    The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Family Game (all nominees are Nintendo exclusives)
    Luigi's Mansion 3
    Ring Fit Adventure
    Super Mario Maker 2
    Yoshi's Crafted World

Fighting Game

Multiplayer Game
    Tetris 99

Score & Music
    Cadence of Hyrule

Strategy Game
    Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Nominees being announced right now!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4axLHMNXzu8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Seems like i missed the Youtube app being released ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yup.. About a year ago I think?

Yeah I did laugh when I saw Nintendo basically have a category to themselves

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is there anyway to post screenshots up here? I've a funny one of a beefed up edelgard from three houses 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Is there anyway to post screenshots up here? I've a funny one of a beefed up edelgard from three houses 🤣

If the screenshots are on the memory card, you can take it out and they're on it in JPG format. Bit of a job to it, shame they can't be dropped into a Nintendo account or emailed or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

I've created a Twitter profile for screenshots, and linked it to my Switch. You can upload directly from the Switch and then easily download or link them to share.

Does anyone know what is the music at the end of Arlo's videos? I thought it was Donkey Kong Country Returns but it's not the menu theme anyway.

14:36 in the below video

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

8f5759461df8b0b6

Ordered this the last day. Just got an email from Nintendo saying they accidentally sent me a Splatoon poster set. The correct set would be sent soon after and that I could keep the other set too. Win win. Extra posters for the games room.

• Advertisement

Think a load of people round me in work have suddenly got switches or "kids getting one for Xmas" ( usual story :) )

Really, some of them have no clue and are getting their kids fifa and just dance etc ... probably cause they are "cheaper"

It's like going to Hawaii on holiday and staying in the hotel :)

Advertisement