Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo: General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo switch helped Police to solve a murder case

https://nintendosmash.com/nintendo-switch-helped-police-to-solve-a-murder-case/

Stolen Nintendo Switch led detectives to murder suspects

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WFMxQfHe270

Nintendo Celebrates the New Year With a Review of YOUR 2019 Switch Stats!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=RjnM6qwxdVs

https://switch.nintendo.com/year-in-review/

This is pretty neat and shows that Nintendo are watching your every move on Switch. There's probably a lot more that they've not made public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »
    Nintendo Celebrates the New Year With a Review of YOUR 2019 Switch Stats!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=RjnM6qwxdVs

https://switch.nintendo.com/year-in-review/

This is pretty neat and shows that Nintendo are watching your every move on Switch. There's probably a lot more that they've not made public.

Microsoft does a similar yearly review. Very interesting to see what you played during the year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is the year in review not working for anyone else? my stats aren't showing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Is the year in review not working for anyone else? my stats aren't showing.

Only available in the US.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Only available in the US.

Europe won't get it at all? Joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Europe won't get it at all? Joke!

They may release it at a later date, but not so far.

DtzIUSWXcAEwFlO?format=jpg&name=small
    EMn-ZTHWkAAt7ll?format=jpg&name=small

Merry Christmas y'all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Merry Christmas (or whatever you celebrate) you filthy animals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

So I finally sent my switch joy cons in for repair.

Booked them in at the start of Nov. Sent them in at the middle of Nov. Think they had them for about 2.5-3 weeks.

Got them back at the start of Dec.

The left joy con was drifting in all directions. Quite faint but really annoying at crucial times.
    the right joy con was clicking and getting stuck.

After getting them back the 2 issues have been fixed FREE OF CHARGE although I've noticed the left joy com slightly clicks when I move the stuck up.
    It's grand. Just noticeable but doesn't cause input issues.

Mine was a launch Switch so was deffo out of warranty.

• Advertisement

Happy New Year! Another year older, definitely not a year wiser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

sligeach wrote: »
    Happy New Year! Another year older, definitely not a year wiser.

True, bigger backlog of games, definitely not learning in this regard ... New year's resolution: no new games until backlog is done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

nintendoo wrote: »
    no new games until backlog is done.

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Happy New Year everyone,
    Hopefully a prosperous and safe 2020 to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

What are peoples opinions on Ori? Was going to buy it yesterday but got the demo to check it out first, how many hours would you get out of it?

What are peoples opinions on Ori? Was going to buy it yesterday but got the demo to check it out first, how many hours would you get out of it?

Bought it last night in the sale and before my 2020 complete the backlog first resolution :)

It's great so far. Was worried it'd be Hollow Knight hard, dark, depressing. But it's not. It's got colour, great music, plays beautifully and looks great. Well worth the sale price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I'm enjoying it in a I want to throw it across the room sometimes way.
    I think I was 8% done after an hour when the demo finished, so picked it up in sales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Any idea on how long it takes nintendo to come back regarding queries.
    6days ago i sent a query regarding dlc i was charged for but cant find anywhere!

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    Any idea on how long it takes nintendo to come back regarding queries.
    6days ago i sent a query regarding dlc i was charged for but cant find anywhere!

What game ? Maybe you need to do stuff in the game to unlock ?

Also, navigate to the dlc in the eshop ... Does it say purchased ?

Maybe you need to redownload ..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/oleivarrudi/status/1215772968330067968?s=19

This seems nuts but also unsurprising, when you browse the eShop you notice it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

ERG89 wrote: »

The ease of releasing shoverware via digital storefronts is surely a factor. The Wii Shop was bad for it but the Switch store is drowning in it, particularly given the absence of reviews or any other guiding info...

What I'd like to see is stats for games which got a wide physical release - that would make for a fairer comparison between recent generations and earlier consoles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

I think there was under 180 physical games on the wiiu too, the amount of shovelware on there was criminal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

ERG89 wrote: »

Aren't there are lot of games from the first two, on the eshop?

What's shovelware games? crap games? :o:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Suckit wrote: »
    Aren't there are lot of games from the first two, on the eshop?

What's shovelware games? crap games? :o:confused:
    More or less. Quantity over quality, it was really obvious when trying to find something worth buying in the Christmas sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

nintendoo wrote: »
    What game ? Maybe you need to do stuff in the game to unlock ?

Also, navigate to the dlc in the eshop ... Does it say purchased ?

Maybe you need to redownload ..

Game isnt present at all, its 911 operator search & rescue.
    It says purchased so the option is greyed out.
    No big deal @ €1. 75 but irritating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Browsing is a last resort. Some of the things I do:

1. Look at metacritic to see what well reviewed games came out recently.
    2. Follow YouTube channels like SwitchWatch and SwitchUp - they regularly summarise the gems in any sale. SwitchUp does a weekly video of all new releases too so you can see what they look like.
    3. If you see anything you like from 1 or 2 above, add to your watch list in the eshop.
    4. Look at the new releases list and see if anything catches your eye. Add to watch list for later.
    5. Set up an account on dekudeals and put your wishlisted games there too. When your games are in dekudeals, change region to USA, South Africa etc. to see if there are any discounts in other regions that are not in Ireland. Change region back to Ireland afterwards.

Don't browse the sale list in the eshop. Absolutely futile exercise. The eshop needs a complete redesign.

Think Nintendo should hire the deku deals guy to design their eshop.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

The eShop lets developers list games and customers buy them. Any further refinements would be to improve the customer experience and potentially reduce some sales (e.g. if they implement reviews, poorly reviewed games will get fewer people taking a chance on them during sales, etc) - I'd really like to see reviews and aggregated stats like "average time played by owners", but these things wouldn't make Nintendo any additional money so no chance in hell are they going to spend money implementing them.

Having said that, I saw this eShop price comparison site mentioned on reddit a few days ago. Might make it easier to see where games are on sale cheapest, if you're already set up for multi-region purchasing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Fysh wrote: »
    The ease of releasing shoverware via digital storefronts is surely a factor. The Wii Shop was bad for it but the Switch store is drowning in it, particularly given the absence of reviews or any other guiding info...

What I'd like to see is stats for games which got a wide physical release - that would make for a fairer comparison between recent generations and earlier consoles.

Physical release on the Switch are currently at 819
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FNyvbbU64Pb9lheg28gC_5fMalIYJ0aD763T7M1QqF0/edit#gid=0

I've around 700 to go for a full collection

• Advertisement

I could only scroll through the first 100 games on that list, but there's quite a few that only got physical releases in Japan or America and then there's more that have a "physical" release where it's a digital code, and more again that have a cart but require a substantial additional digital download. I wonder how many complete on cartridge games Europe has gotten. In addition, you also have companies like Limited Run Games, who literally publish games in limited runs of a few thousand, if even.

Advertisement