Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo: General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

That's it. The WiiU is out. Various bits are charging. Pikmin 3 for me tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Jolo2002 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if AddressPal works with the Nintendo store

It seems to differ for some people. I've been using Addresspal with the Nintendo store for the past few years with no problem at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

With the Switch's 3rd anniversary this week I took a step back to look at my pile of switch games which hasn't been touched that much over the past year due to college and ill health. So in three years I've bought 130 games with a few more to come damn that is allot and with 50 still unopened yikes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

GameStop about to get happier

Reggie Fils-Aimé joins GameStop’s board of directors

https://venturebeat.com/2020/03/09/reggie-fils-aime-gamestop/amp/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

GameStop about to get happier

Reggie Fils-Aimé joins GameStop’s board of directors

https://venturebeat.com/2020/03/09/reggie-fils-aime-gamestop/amp/

My wallet is ready.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Gamestop is a sinking ship though, nothing but bad news from that business, from their dwindling sales to the pressure on employees to engage in intrusive sales practices.
    Interesting to see what Reggie brings with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Maybe something will be revealed in the phantom Direct, if it ever happens.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Gamestop is a sinking ship though, nothing but bad news from that business, from their dwindling sales to the pressure on employees to engage in intrusive sales practices.
    Interesting to see what Reggie brings with him

I have a pre-order with them for the new Lego Star Wars game. Once that's out, I'm not too bothered. They are almost universally more expensive than other stores and the staff, while mostly pleasant and informative, have to upsell which really sours the encounter.

They are mostly a game merchandise store now for Thinkgeek anyway. They've become like Xtravision and HMV were at the end, both dragging each other down.

Shame really, very few (if any?) dedicated games stores left.

I won't shed a tear when Gamestop die.

Wasn't a direct it was a Lego announcement of Mario Sets coming soon no games related collaboration only bricks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    I won't shed a tear when Gamestop die.

Well, it's just a business, so no sorrow there except for the staff.

Wasn't a direct it was a Lego announcement of Mario Sets coming soon no games related collaboration only bricks

You don't know that. It's all speculation at this point.

NINTENDO'S LEGO COLLAB MAY FEATURE UP TO 13 SETS, MIGHT HAVE BEEN MEANT FOR A NINTENDO DIRECT REVEAL
    New, juicy details on Nintendo's LEGO collab

https://gonintendo.com/stories/356701-nintendo-s-lego-collab-may-feature-up-to-13-sets-might-have-been

If they're working together, then I'd guess they collaborate on a tie-in of Lego and a game.

E3 Games Show Slated for June Called Off Over Virus Fears
    The cancellation is planned to be announced at 9:30 am Los Angeles time on March 11 by the Entertainment Software Association, according to a person familiar with the matter. The ESA, which organizes the show commonly known as E3, wrote in a private memo to partners on Tuesday that it is “exploring options for an online E3 event this summer.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-11/e3-video-game-conference-has-been-canceled-ars-technica-reports

That’s 4:30pm for us.

If they're working together, then I'd guess they collaborate on a tie-in of Lego and a game.

I'd be all for that. Could be like Paper Mario 2 with Mario changing shape (airplane, tube etc) but with Lego.

It's official. This year's E3 is cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,322 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Modders have developed an overlay for the Switch that allows you to see system stats. Pretty cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I saw the LEGO collaboration online, but was I mad thinking I saw another collaboration with Levi jeans?

Nintendo wins patent fight against company that sued over Switch design
    Gamevice’s claims ruled ‘unpatentable’

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/13/21177309/nintendo-switch-patent-gamevice-win

I've my Retron5 out again and it's great, allowing me to play my SNES, NES, Famicom and GB collections.
    Especially nice is it runs the homebrew carts as well, including the fan translations of the SNES DQ games as well as the colour hack of Super Mario Land 2 Dx.
    Lots of fun!

(It also plays Megadrive stuff, including the three Sonic hacks I got recently, but you Nintendo fans probably don't care!)

• Advertisement

I care had one all but bought then I lost my sight what I can see now isn't great so no.tv gaming which is why I love my switch and array of DS 2DS and 3DS too

Wish I still had my nomads I miss them so much clunky portable battery guzzlers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I've my Retron5 out again and it's great, allowing me to play my SNES, NES, Famicom and GB collections.
    Especially nice is it runs the homebrew carts as well, including the fan translations of the SNES DQ games as well as the colour hack of Super Mario Land 2 Dx.
    Lots of fun!

(It also plays Megadrive stuff, including the three Sonic hacks I got recently, but you Nintendo fans probably don't care!)

Questions retro master:
    (1) Do you notice any difference between it and Switch SNES emulation ?
    (2) Are you running NTSC and/or PAL cartridges/games ?
    (3) Is Switch SNES emulating NTSC or PAL ?

nintendoo wrote: »
    Questions retro master:
    (1) Do you notice any difference between it and Switch SNES emulation ?
    (2) Are you running NTSC and/or PAL cartridges/games ?
    (3) Is Switch SNES emulating NTSC or PAL ?

To be honest I haven't spent enough time with the Switch Snes library to give a definitive answer but they seem fine by all accounts.

I have a mix of all regions of cart, Japan, USA and Europe.

As far as I know the Switch is playing NTSC games, so at least the speed is right and there's no borders.

So I just learned that Sony are showing off the PS5 in a little under 90 minutes. This could determine what happens with Switch going forward. Despite what Nintendo says about them not being in competition with Sony and Microsoft. There's a lot of decisions that Sony makes that could affect them.

Link for anyone that wants to watch it.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ph8LyNIT9sg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

So I just learned that Sony are showing off the PS5 in a little under 90 minutes. This could determine what happens with Switch going forward. Despite what Nintendo says about them not being in competition with Sony and Microsoft. There's a lot of decisions that Sony makes that could affect them.

Link for anyone that wants to watch it.

That was intensely boring. I assume they'll have a more player focused video coming as a later date. This was the polar opposite of the Switch reveal trailer.

Boring is an understatement, and it just kind of abruptly ended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

pasta-solo wrote: »
    That was intensely boring. I assume they'll have a more player focused video coming as a later date. This was the polar opposite of the Switch reveal trailer.

I found it kind of interesting but then again, I’m a developer. It’s not something that should have been for the general public though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

chrislad wrote: »
    I found it kind of interesting but then again, I’m a developer. It’s not something that should have been for the general public though!

100%, they could have made that more clear.

Anyone think Smyth's Argos and GameStop will still be open for Animal Crossing on Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It was announced as a Deep Dive into the PS5 architecture and that's exactly what it was. It's what would have been done at GDC before it was cancelled. There was quite a lot I didn't understand but it was nevertheless interesting to see how they go about building a new console. The 3D audio stuff sounds very interesting, having used it on PSVR it's great it will come to PS5 and be even greater no doubt.

Advertisement