Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo: General Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Anyone think Smyth's Argos and GameStop will still be open for Animal Crossing on Friday

Gamestop mentioned on Twitter earlier that they'll sell Doom tomorrow if its delivered. May be the same for Animal Crossing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

If they sell Argos and Smyth's should too but all depends on whose still open tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I just set up a south Africa account and now swapped it to Argentina, it gave me a code but keeps saying its invalid I take it you cant swap regions just make new accounts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

You can region hop with one account but your limitations are :
    1. The eShop is in the native language of the country you switch to. Learn your button layouts!
    2. When you leave a region - ie Europe/Middle East/Africa to Asia to US and South America (I think they're grouped but could be wrong) you lose all your accumulated Gold points.
    3. I haven't tested it but I remember reading that if you buy a game off the US eShop and move your account to Europe, you may not be able to re-download that game in the future without switching back to the US. So hop with caution. Certainly, codes bought for the US only activate on a US account, but a code bought anywhere in europe will work for any EMEA account - i.e. a UK Code will activate if your account is in South Africa or Russia.
    4. Critically, the US and Mexico will not accept payment from a European credit card or Paypal account. You can purchase eShop credit from PCGameSupply or set up a pay-pal account that's based out of a state that doesn't pay tax on eshop transactions (Alaska is one, I think). Sweetie set it up successfully once. And I reposted the instructions and got someone locked out of their own Paypal. So your mileage may vary :D The account needs to be backed by *something* before you can transfer money to it from another Paypal, btw.

The easiest solution is to have multiple accounts for the regions you want to access. US gets a lot of good sales and very deep discounts. Mexico tends to be the cheapest for indie games. South Africa gets the 1st party games for significantly less than the rest of europe. Russia occasionally sells games at stupidly low prices. Norway is another fave. Japan gets games that we don't, and sometimes they have english bundled in. And sometimes they don't :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If they sell Argos and Smyth's should too but all depends on whose still open tomorrow

I've to call to Argos today, I'll swing into GS and see if they are selling Animal Crossing today
    I imagine GS will be closed come the weekend

• Advertisement

I can see them hanging in to get extra PS5 orders from yesterday announcement but yeah everyone is gonna have to shut in the next 48hours bar chemist and supermarkets too much of a risk to employees and customers alike

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I've to call to Argos today, I'll swing into GS and see if they are selling Animal Crossing today
    I imagine GS will be closed come the weekend

GameStop tweeted today that they won't be selling AC until tomorrow to stagger the releases and prevent overcrowding in the stores - in case that saves you a trip! Maybe give them a call first, just in case.

https://twitter.com/GameStopIE/status/1240562835719163904

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Argentina has Stardew valley for 2€ at the moment.

It's an awesome game and that's an incredible price but something about running around in the out doors, picking stuff up off the ground without having to wash your hands, with fresh food everywhere and all those comely lasses who want to violate social distancing protocols... I think it'll make you weep.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got through to them before I set off, so I'll have to try and figure out collection tomorrow, I'm working so it could be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Jolo2002

I preordered animal crossing in synths and the only time I can collect is literally 9am when the open, would I still be able to collect, assuming that it’s in stock, if I don’t have an email confirming it’s in stock? Can I just use the preorder confirmation?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jolo2002

Jolo2002 wrote: »
    I preordered animal crossing in synths and the only time I can collect is literally 9am when the open, would I still be able to collect, assuming that it’s in stock, if I don’t have an email confirming it’s in stock? Can I just use the preorder confirmation?

Meant to say that I preordered at Smyths lol

Whenever I've pre-ordered from them in the past the mail/text confirmation for collection went out after closing time the night before. So I'd say yes you probably can. But if they don't mail your or text you then you might just have to roll the dice and show up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

For people who don't care about physical purchases ...
    AC is probably best as a digital purchase, since you need to dip in and out regularly over may days/months/years.
    Saves a lot of cart swapping. Plus seems to be good value from cd keys etc ...

But you can't share it across Switches, can't sell it, can't do the whole unboxing thing, can't put it on a shelf, can't look forward to receiving it in the post ( "a parcel, pour moi" ),

My hope is I can play it on my Switch, with my island of happiness and paying off that gangster, while my son plays the same cart on his Switch with his island of death

The saves are on the console though so unless the cart identifies itself online and force downloads your island to any switch it's put into - which would be catastrophic if you have two carts and mix them up, so I doubt they'll go that route - you should be ok across two switches.

Where are they getting the idea of playing in multiple islands on a single console as an expected feature in that article? On New Leaf you had to share on a single cart, and I thought the Wii was the same so not sure what's changed.

Nnid I think is what's changed

Looks like great news, the cart will hopefully allow different islands on different Switch consoles.
    I'll have a look later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Was in Smyths yesterday picking up a new game and seen a woman buying 2 Switch Lite consoles and 3 games. This pandemic is gonna boost sales big time as parents run out of ways to entertain kids.

• Advertisement

Hopefully they were good games !

Home made birthday cards from my kids!
    Love 'em and I love the cards.
    Plus, love Nintendo for making family friendly brilliant games and characters.

Photo compressed in next post, was too large for this post.

Oops too big, compressed ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

nintendoo wrote: »

Cease & Desist letter incoming from Nintendo any day now for usage of their copyrighted properties :pac:

nintendoo wrote: »

Wow those are fantastic! Very talented kids!

Also, Happy Birthday Nintendoo, hope you have a great day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

For warranty do we use Nintendo UK?.

My left controller is sliding off without pressing the lock. Not terrible but just annoying as hell 🀣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

My left controller is sliding off without pressing the lock. Not terrible but just annoying as hell ��

Yes.

https://nintendoservicecentre.co.uk/contact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

My left controller is sliding off without pressing the lock. Not terrible but just annoying as hell ��

I think all the repair centres are closed at the moment, so you might have to make do for now!

Non Nintendo info but damn well something that needs to be shared. Free 1980s/90s cartoons on YouTube good cartoons enjoy ya big kids

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/he-man-she-ra-dogtanian-bravestarr-voltron-bananaman-the-dreamstone-round-the-twist-free-to-watch-at-youtube-official-channels-3430810

• Advertisement

Speed of the Puuuuuuumaaaaaaaaa!

Advertisement