Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo: General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I was one person looking for a spare dock awhile back. I've since bought a 3rd party equivalent though.

Which one did you get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

My 4 year old daughter keeps stealing my Switch. I find her hiding under covers/ under the stairs playing Mario Kart and I've never been prouder. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Which one did you get?

I opted for the ZasLuke USB C to HDMI Adapter. Got it on Amazon for £22.
    Works a treat on the 2nd TV or if ever I'm travelling anywhere it fits in my Switch carry-case easily.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Too true I made an offer and got lucky it's factory new too so happy to have a switch again my last €300 too had to dip into bank for the other €30 but I might stick the dock up on adverts for €60 to recoup some of the cost

Whaaaat?!?!?

Oh, wait... you said "dock"....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

:D

Yeah dock I still have my Eevee dock and don't play I'm not TV mode only handheld so two docks just going to waste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

So happy right now :D

Vj46Oy0.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    So happy right now :D

Vj46Oy0.jpg?1

I think the neon is the definitive switch console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The great thing is, if you were sensible and bought the grey you can side-grade it to Neon by buying the joycons later.

Which I did, and I've never looked back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Banjo wrote: »
    The great thing is, if you were sensible and bought the grey you can side-grade it to Neon by buying the joycons later.

I got grey and felt sad afterwards. It was like I'd bought a dell tower pc or something. :( Swapped to the neon in the GameStop deal. Just felt so right. Finally I had a Nintendo console again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

But then you can’t have the option have an all neon-blue or all neon-red console, because the stand-alone joycon colours are reversed, or switched if you will. ;)

But then you can’t have the option have an all neon-blue or all neon-red console, because the stand-alone joycon colours are reversed, or switched if you will. ;)

giphy.gif

Part of me knew it didn't look right....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The greatest Nintendo ad ever is now on Netflix.
    The Wizard.

Power Glove!

Button Remapping! Nintendo Switch Version 10.0 Update TOUR! (AC:NH Icons, SD Card Transfers & More!)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=eIh8pfQMf9M

Nintendo Switch Update 10.00 Out Now, Includes Animal Crossing: New Horizons Icons

https://gamerant.com/nintendo-switch-update-10-animal-crossing-new-horizons-icons/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

sligeach wrote: »
    Button Remapping! Nintendo Switch Version 10.0 Update TOUR! (AC:NH Icons, SD Card Transfers & More!)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=eIh8pfQMf9M

Nintendo Switch Update 10.00 Out Now, Includes Animal Crossing: New Horizons Icons

https://gamerant.com/nintendo-switch-update-10-animal-crossing-new-horizons-icons/

Finally the option to transfer between internal and external storage. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Anyone seen any switches for sale anywhere?

We have one but it's in the grannies house and have 3 kids so need a second anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

skerry wrote: »
    Finally the option to transfer between internal and external storage. :)

But not for saves for some reason.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But not for saves for some reason.

For security.

If you can get saves onto the SD Card (and then onto a PC), they're more susceptible to hacking, modding and other stuff.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

For security.

If you can get saves onto the SD Card (and then onto a PC), they're more susceptible to hacking, modding and other stuff.

If by "security" you mean "removing a feature that's available on rival platforms to make the paid-for online service a bit more attractive", then yes ;)

Fysh wrote: »
    If by "security" you mean "removing a feature that's available on rival platforms to make the paid-for online service a bit more attractive", then yes ;)

In fairness, I think by "security" they mean "remember how the Wii and WiiU got blown wide open because we let people back their saves up to SD, and then they stopped buying games and in many cases getting off the couch at all because they could download whatever they wanted - including games they already owned - and launch them all off a hard drive? Yeah well we're not doing that again. Well... Not until year 4 maybe."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Anyone seen any switches for sale anywhere?

We have one but it's in the grannies house and have 3 kids so need a second anyways

Littlewoods have the yellow Switch Lite and the grey Switch Lite in stock for €230.
    Smyths have the Lite in stock too as part of a game-bundle deal at €265. Some decent deals as part of the bundle (Luigis Mansion 3, Mario Kart 8 to name 2).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

In fairness, I think by "security" they mean "remember how the Wii and WiiU got blown wide open because we let people back their saves up to SD, and then they stopped buying games and in many cases getting off the couch at all because they could download whatever they wanted - including games they already owned - and launch them all off a hard drive? Yeah well we're not doing that again. Well... Not until year 4 maybe."

Well, I mean yes and no. How many years is it since the DS, with its proprietary cartridge and crap software engineering that meant anyone with an R4 card could fill their boots with every game they wanted without having to pay?

Nintendo not having thought about how to allow save transfers to/from SD card at the start will mean they went with an implementation that doesn't easily allow subsequent addition of that feature without compromising security. That's still a failure on their part, particularly since you can go back as far as the DS and point to pretty much the same problem (apparent over-reliance on proprietary physical media format for system security) and show that, for a company doing hardware design and software publishing, they don't appear to be learning from their mistakes...

DATAMINERS DIG INTO SWITCH'S LATEST FIRMWARE UPDATE, LEADING ONCE AGAIN TO HARDWARE REVISION SPECULATION

https://gonintendo.com/stories/359168-dataminers-dig-into-switch-s-latest-firmware-update-leading-once

Secondary display? Wait a minute....
    Two switches. 1 hinged USB c dock.

2 Fast 2DS : Joycon Drift!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

There is a controller update too but you have to do it separately through the little cog icon.
    • Cog Icon from the Menu
    • Scroll down to Controllers and sensors
    • Scroll down to update controllers.
    • Click when Joycons are attached.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

160,000 Nintendo accounts may have been hacked according to this link and Nintendo themselves. Turn on 2FA if you don't already use it, is the recommendation.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/04/nintendo_confirms_that_around_160000_accounts_may_have_been_hacked_personal_info_possibly_at_risk

I don't visit, believe or trust anything from that clickbait site.
    Important Notice

We would like to provide an update on the recent incidents of unauthorised access to some Nintendo Accounts.

While we continue to investigate, we would like to reassure users that there is currently no evidence pointing towards a breach of Nintendo’s databases, servers or services. As one action in our ongoing investigation, we are discontinuing the ability to use a Nintendo Network ID to sign in to a Nintendo Account. All other options to sign-in to a Nintendo Account remain available.

As a further precaution, we will soon contact users about resetting passwords for Nintendo Network IDs and Nintendo Accounts that we have reason to believe were accessed without authorisation.

In addition, we also continue to strongly encourage users to enable two-step verification for their Nintendo Account as instructed here: How to set-up two-step verification for a Nintendo Account.

If any users become aware of unauthorised activity, we encourage them to take the steps outlined in the article about the Nintendo Account recovery process.

During the investigation, in order to deter further attempts of unauthorised sign-ins, we will not reveal more information about the methods employed to gain unauthorised access.

We apologise for the inconvenience and concerns caused to our customers, and we will continue working hard to safeguard the security of our users’ data.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Support-11593.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I've noticed people on Twitter the last few weeks complaining of their PayPal account linked to their switch was being charged to buy Fortnite V-bucks so there is something to this anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

sligeach wrote: »
    I don't visit, believe or trust anything from that clickbait site.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Support-11593.html

Ars Technica reported on it several days ago too, including one of their staff members. There's also a statement on nintendo.co.jp confirming it.

Advertisement