Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo: General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I would not count the ending of Professor Layton & The Lost Future as 'feel better'. I was legit sad at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

Star Lord wrote: »
    I've a 4690k and a GTX970, and it runs most things reasonably adequately, but my point being many don't have PCs with the better CPUs or GPUs that may be needed for these. While yours are old, and mine even older, they're still the better ones from their time, and mine is just about holding on, while yours are still very capable.

Just briefly coming back to this having read the below this morning:

Cemu 1.19.0d has released, which features asynchronous shader compilation. Here's what one Reddit user said:

"Now is the time, bro. I'm getting 60FPS+ at 1080p on a decade-old i5-3570 (though only 40-60 FPS in Breath of the Wild, the most demanding popular cemu game)."

So this type of shader compilation means the game won't try and compile a shader on the fly, which causes stutter. When this shader needs to be compiled, it'll be skipped the first time, meaning the effect will be skipped (think of a bomb blowing up in BotW...there'll be no explosion for the first bomb you ever throw in the game), and the shader will then be compiled silently in the background. The next time you throw that bomb though, the shader is compiled and ready, meaning nigh-on perfectly smooth gameplay.

OR

You can 'obtain' the complete shader cache of a given game, pop it in the Cemu directory for shaders, and you won't ever need to worry about shader compilation stutter.

See 2.20 of the below video to see it in action

Starlord, are you sure you're using Cemu with a completely compiled shader cache? The above user's specs are less than your own, so maybe give the new 1.19.0 version a go if you have time & see how it runs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Anyone find some of the sites are a bit gammy now when ordering games online? Thegamecollection won't deliver to Ireland anymore. Shopto now charge £6.25 for delivery. Both sites used to be around £3. Actually, Shopto might have been £2, I can't remember. Base charge €1.50, always have, great value. If they can do it, then so can the others.

I was looking at Paper Mario: The Origami King for €42.50 on Shopto, which is a good price, but then that postage price has put me off. Amazon UK have listed the game now on their site for £50, hopefully it's just a placeholder. That's what got me looking around.

Smyths and Gamestop are both charging €60 for it. It's too early really to order anyway. But Shopto with AddressPal looks the best option thus far, should be about €46.50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

sligeach wrote:
    Thegamecollection won't deliver to Ireland anymore.
    If you read the covid faq on the site they are currently only doing UK deliveries and no International deliveries at the moment.
    Hardly worth making a song and dance over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,051 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Grassey wrote: »
    If you read the covid faq on the site they are currently only doing UK deliveries and no International deliveries at the moment.

EVERYTHING is worth making a song and dance over.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Hell I've one functioning leg a busted bionic eye and a crippling cheesecake addiction but you stop me being able to get cheap switch games you about to get served bitch

Let's see you dance sucka you got nothing on me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

sligeach wrote: »
    Anyone find some of the sites are a bit gammy now when ordering games online? Thegamecollection won't deliver to Ireland anymore. Shopto now charge £6.25 for delivery. Both sites used to be around £3. Actually, Shopto might have been £2, I can't remember. Base charge €1.50, always have, great value. If they can do it, then so can the others.

I was looking at Paper Mario: The Origami King for €42.50 on Shopto, which is a good price, but then that postage price has put me off. Amazon UK have listed the game now on their site for £50, hopefully it's just a placeholder. That's what got me looking around.

Smyths and Gamestop are both charging €60 for it. It's too early really to order anyway. But Shopto with AddressPal looks the best option thus far, should be about €46.50.

The current wait is also around 2 weeks for parcels coming from the UK using Royal Mail, it took 15 days for an order from the Game Collection and over two weeks and counting from Base to arrive at the NI Parcel Motel and the same timeline with a few other sites.

At least with Amazon you will receive the game within 1-2 days using Prime and Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Grassey wrote: »

It's hardly a song and dance. I didn't think I needed to give the reasoning for Thegamecollection as it's the first thing you see when you visit their site. I'm just saying delivery is a bit gammy right now and where the best price for Paper Mario: The Origami King is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

All this talk about the new paper mario game ... makes me want the new paper mario game!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

WII U with pro controller and 8 games purchased for £150 on ebay. Need Twilight Princess now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What 8 games, outta curiosity?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What 8 games, outta curiosity?

Actually it was 13 games.

Donkey Kong
    Nintendo land
    Super Mario brothers
    Super Mario Maker
    Mario Kart 8
    Sonic Boom
    Splatoon
    Super Smash Bros
    Lego City undercover
    Epic Mickey 2
    Sky landers Trap team
    Sky landers swap force
    Sky landers super chargers

150 stg ?
    Hope you got a gamepad ?
    In good condition ?
    8 gb or 32 gb ?
    Official pro controller ?
    You get Super Luigi U with Super Mario U ?

Pretty decent set of games there except for skylanders ones and sonic boom I'd imagine.

Captain toad, mario 3d world, mario kart dlc, pikmin 3, rayman legends, botw, wind waker hd, twilight princess worth getting ...

The number of posts in the AC NH thread will soon exceed the BOTW number. AC been out for 2 months, BOTW 3 years.

Think about that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

nintendoo wrote: »
    The number of posts in the AC NH thread will soon exceed the BOTW number. AC been out for 2 months, BOTW 3 years.

Think about that!

Alright. I'm thinking about it.

Okay, so do I need to buy Animal Crossing? Is that what's up?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Think about that!

It’s doing ok in the sales department too I see, almost 13.5 million copies sold in those two months. Zelda over 19 million according to wiki. Obviously the sales are massively helped by the pandemic situation on top of it being an incredibly addictive and mostly brilliant game. :)

Tom Nook to replace Beedle? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Think about that!

I had to think about what AC NH stood for...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Assassin's Creed: New Hampshire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

First Rule of Animal Crossing New Horizons is YOU DO NOT JOKE ABOUT ANIMAL CROSSING NEW HORIZONS

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I own it, Animal Crossing, but I have yet to play it.
    Might give it a go... eventually... when I've everything else finished...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I own it, Animal Crossing, but I have yet to play it.
    Might give it a go... eventually... when I've everything else finished...

Don't wait too long. Inherently social games lack that additional flavour if everyone else has moved on.

150 stg ?
    Hope you got a gamepad ?
    In good condition ?
    8 gb or 32 gb ?
    Official pro controller ?
    You get Super Luigi U with Super Mario U ?

Pretty decent set of games there except for skylanders ones and sonic boom I'd imagine.

Captain toad, mario 3d world, mario kart dlc, pikmin 3, rayman legends, botw, wind waker hd, twilight princess worth getting ...

It was 32GB with a controller (not pro controller), had the gamepad and has Luigi U. 150 STG including delivery.

ebay user messaged me yesterday saying her husband tried to reset it to factory settings and now it isn't working so i got full refund. will be keeping an eye on their page to see if it gets relisted. on the lookout once again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I saw a Wii U boxed online two or three weeks ago, and was going to ask about in here. It was €100 with the games (I can't remember which games), about 8 or 10, IIRC.
    It also had black wii controllers. I think it was on donedeal and we were looking for my niece.

Are they worth getting or what is the story with them? :o
    I remember when I was looking at the switch i saw a comment on reddit or youtube etc.. That said the switch had all the same games. But I was told basically, that was a crock o crap.
    Anyway, we didn't buy it in the end a couple of weeks ago (I did buy the switch :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Suckit wrote: »
    I saw a Wii U boxed online two or three weeks ago, and was going to ask about in here. It was €100 with the games (I can't remember which games), about 8 or 10, IIRC.
    It also had black wii controllers. I think it was on donedeal and we were looking for my niece.

Are they worth getting or what is the story with them? :o
    I remember when I was looking at the switch i saw a comment on reddit or youtube etc.. That said the switch had all the same games. But I was told basically, that was a crock o crap.
    Anyway, we didn't buy it in the end a couple of weeks ago (I did buy the switch :D )

Switch doesn't have Skyward Sword

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The Nal wrote: »
    Switch doesn't have Skyward Sword

Among many other things going in its favour.

I completed the main game in Skyward Sword with a dodgy Wii motion controller and batteries dying. Extra drama!

Wii U worth getting if you want to play Wii Games to HDMI TV, get Wii U Nintendo AAA games at bargain prices or hack it.
    Wii U prices probably inflated at the moment with the coronavirus.
    Plus it'll probably become rarer as Wii U gamepads die ... can't understand why there isn't a good open source phone app for this now ... to at least manage a wii u ...

Most of the best Wii U games are on Switch or are coming to switch. But you do have to pay premium price.

Oddly one of the more interesting games to play on a Wii U is the GBA version of Super Mario Bros 3 as they went and put all the e-reader levels on there. Believe they were a pain the arse to emulate at one stage, so that's handy for a number of reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Among many other things going in its favour.

I haven't played it. Not good then?

Nintendos upcoming and recent games lineup at the moment is grim.

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    I haven't played it. Not good then?

Nintendos upcoming and recent games lineup at the moment is grim.

Only stomached 10 hours. Combination of handholding and not getting to grips with the inputs just killed it for me but I think it's beautiful-looking and it'd be one of the better-handled Zelda narratives I'm told, so mileage varies and all that.

I can see why people are saying there's a slight drought as front-loading a generation with both a mainline Zelda and Mario in the space of 6 months is going make everything else look quaint. That said, I've got Deadly Premonition 2 and Paper Mario coming, so I feel very much looked after.

Advertisement