Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo: General Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Oddly one of the more interesting games to play on a Wii U is the GBA version of Super Mario Bros 3 as they went and put all the e-reader levels on there. Believe they were a pain the arse to emulate at one stage, so that's handy for a number of reasons.

e reader levels

what ?

time to google

The Nal wrote: »
    I haven't played it. Not good then?

Nintendos upcoming and recent games lineup at the moment is grim.

It would be very difficult to go from BOTW to SS.
    If you have played old 3D zelda games then you'll know what to expect.

The dungeons are very good if I remember.
    I remember a dungeon with timestones in it. So you could switch from present to past in real time and see parts of the dungeon change ... very clever.

There is one tedious boss fight repeated 3 times which is awful to play. I randomly completed it.

The motion controls are great when they work, and when they don't ...
    e.g. sword fights, different kinds of ways to attack based on motion and position of wiimote.

The characters and dialogue are just awful ... nothing like BOTW.
    Great piece of music: Ballad of the Goddess ... and the rest not so good.

Think they could revisit it and remove a lot of CRUD. Then it could be really GOOD.
    Not sure how'd they do the motion controls ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Music Notes and Fi's constant interruptions meant there was a 98.7% chance they would get annoying.

Though I don't think I've ever felt more tense in a game than when I was trying to get the tears.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Music Notes and Fi's constant interruptions meant there was a 98.7% chance they would get annoying.

Though I don't think I've ever felt more tense in a game than when I was trying to get the tears.

Fi was so annoying especially when your battery was low! Your battery is low master. Yes I ******* know.

Those tears collection levels, really very terrifying! And a clever piece of game design. And you just knew you had to do more of them in later parts of the game. Love / hated those parts of the game. Using the wiimote to balance and cross a tight rope while finding these things as the timer went down ...

Yep, it's a MASTERPIECE :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I loved Skyward Sword, felt like a great homage to previous games. Only think bugged me was Fi giving too many hints and the damned battery reminders that seemed to kick in from 30% battery left, so you'd be hearing them for ages...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Skyward Sword is anything but a masterpiece. I hope Nintendo don't ever waste any time on a port or a remaster. It's the worst 3D Zelda. It's the worst mainline Zelda game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Dipped into a Link to the Past and was reminded of the jump gaming took in the 90s. In a really short period of time. To think Nintendo went to Link to the Past to Ocarina in 7 years is mental.

sligeach wrote: »
    Skyward Sword is anything but a masterpiece. I hope Nintendo don't ever waste any time on a port or a remaster. It's the worst 3D Zelda. It's the worst mainline Zelda game.

Ah, I was joking re: masterpiece. Still a good game with flaws and tedious bits that could be fixed or removed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can't agree with that at all. It's not going to trouble the best of them, but it's a far more interesting and entertaining game than the likes of Twilight Princess.

I'd say it's the one game in the franchise that could most benefit from a remaster, tightening up a few bits here and there.

Without Skyward Sword there might not have been any Breath of the Wild:

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/16/11951678/legend-of-zelda-breath-the-wild-skyward-sword-e3-2016-wii-u-nintendo
    "According to producer Eiji Aonuma, many of the sweeping changes that Breath of the Wild brings to the franchise are based on the negative feedback Nintendo received from some fans for Skyward Sword."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I wouldn't mind Skyward Sword. I know I didn't get too far into it - the motion controls sucked, and the annoying Sword kept talking to me, like Navi on steroids.

I rarely hear complaints about the dungeons etc, so if they fixed some stuff up (like they did with Wind Waker and the reduction of the fetch quests), I would be on board.

Skyward Sword is beyond redemption. It's a mess right down to its disjointed world. That can't be fixed.
    skyward_map.jpg?w=620&ssl=1

Yup, BOTW saved the Zelda series and gave the Switch the absolute best possible start. Also, reignited Nintendo.

The producer must have been under severe pressure to get it right with the Wii U Zelda delays and the Wii U failure. He also managed to get Wind Waker HD out as a stop gap.

Now, hopefully they are all in the same creative, fearless mode for BOTW2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Ocarina is the best one hands down at least on console Minish Cap and Oracle of Seasons would be right up there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Ocarina is the best one hands down at least on console Minish Cap and Oracle of Seasons would be right up there too.

You misspelled "Majora's Mask"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

People are arseholes it's official

Buying Nintendo switch consoles and scalping people price wise for them

Just goes to show how ****ty the world is

Star Lord wrote: »

You misspelled "Majora's Mask"...

Big whoop wanna fight about it :D

Majora is good Ocarina is DOG

Ocarina
    BOTW
    Majoras
    Wind Waker

BOTW is actually the best, I mean its a masterpiece but Ocarina for the time was, well, wow. Still is.

Has anyone used the Hori Split pad for general handheld use my Eevee console joy-cons are dying a slow death and this looks to be the cheapest alternative joy-con set available to pick up quick.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Has anyone used the Hori Split pad for general handheld use my Eevee console joy-cons are dying a slow death and this looks to be the cheapest alternative joy-con set available to pick up quick.

If you mean the Split Pad Pro then yes, they’re permanently attached to my switch for handheld use, Pro controller for docked play. They’re fantastic, so much more comfortable than the joy-cons. Just note that they’re not wireless and have no rumble or NFC, all positives in my opinion. :)

If anything ever happens to mine I’ll be getting a second set straight away.

• Advertisement

Cool €55 in Argos think I'll grab them this evening if I can or tomorrow morning

Found a bizarre ds game going through my hoard earlier

Okami den such a beautiful game will have to stick my 3ds on later to relax playing this

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Cool €55 in Argos think I'll grab them this evening if I can or tomorrow morning

Nice! Didn't know Argos were stocking them. I paid €70 all in from play-asia so well worth it at €55. :)

The Nal wrote: »
    Ocarina
    BOTW
    Majoras
    Wind Waker

BOTW is actually the best, I mean its a masterpiece but Ocarina for the time was, well, wow. Still is.

Ocarina has incredible music, atmosphere and pace. Also, a horse you actually care about! BOTW horses kinda redundant once you can float and teleport everywhere and have a motorbike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,321 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Only £35 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07T5QKKVP/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_XxPXEbMF575P3

Okami den such a beautiful game will have to stick my 3ds on later to relax playing this

Nice. Keep forgetting that 3ds can plan ds games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I was playing Broforce 2 player and it jumped out to the controller screen a few times, where we have to re-pair them to continue playing.
    I haven't noticed any similar issues with any other games, but I have only been playing lightly a couple of games before bed.
    Could this be the beginning of the joycon issue, or is there a bug in that game?
    It seems to be the blue joycon that is causing the game to kick out to the controller screen, but I'm not sure. It's also the new version, I changed it in the gamestop offer on the run up to Christmas. It got zero playing for about two months, and has had very light play since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Bizarre?
    Have you played Okami?
    I'm surprised Okamiden wasn't released outside of the DS. So many people don't realise there was a second game.

nintendoo wrote: »
    Ocarina has incredible music, atmosphere and pace. Also, a horse you actually care about! BOTW horses kinda redundant once you can float and teleport everywhere and have a motorbike.

Yeah once you open up the towers the horses become irrelevant. Theyre a pain in hole to control too.

• Advertisement

'Weird' Nintendo Switch Issue Makes it Easier to Guess Passwords

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/889a33/nintendo-switch-eshop-guess-password

Advertisement