Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo: General Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Anyone playing Bug Fables yet? Arlo seemed fairly impressed with it. In two minds about it myself and what are we, two months away from the new Paper Mario?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Anyone playing Bug Fables yet? Arlo seemed fairly impressed with it. In two minds about it myself and what are we, two months away from the new Paper Mario?

I'm thinking Nintendo must be very confident with the new paper mario if they are allowing this in their eshop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,051 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Anyone any idea how much Nintendo charge for fixing joycon drift, and how long they'd be gone for? Thought I only had one with a problem, but now the kids inform me it's both left Joycons I have and one right joycon as well.

No proof of purchase, and at least 2 years old.

Debating whether to have a crack at it myself, the three little ribbon cables are a bit concerning mind.

Going to buy the hori split pad thing anyway, and a couple of cheap pro pad knock offs, and just keep the Joycons for travel.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,012 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I'm sure there's some caption that could be made about the Super Mario doll lying on the pavement. Something about Super Mario crashing Windows or about New Donk City. The looters I don't think they got anything. Doubt there's any Switch's in there.

• Advertisement

Police have a suspect for who took Mario Down and Out in New Donk City.
    EZhd5VRXQAQDDQo?format=jpg&name=small

EZgjTZOX0AI65xc?format=jpg&name=small

Sega have announced the Game Gear Micro.
    EZjzaH3XQAEc3Vp?format=jpg&name=900x900

Sega Reveals the Game Gear Micro!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=cInr_8WjAJ4

I was kind of right. I thought it might be the Game Gear 2.

The Game Gear Micro will cost ¥4,980 (~€41/$46). It’ll be available in four colors: original black, along with blue, yellow, red. The console will go on sale in Japan on 10th June, there's no word yet on Europe or any other region.

Edit: There's more information coming very shortly. But I have to agree with nearly everyone's initial reaction. This thing is ridiculously small. "Game Gear. Now in suppository form. Don't like it? You can shove it up your @R$€;!"

https://60th.sega.com/ggmicro/

"Game Gear Micro" promotion video(Japanese)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZJD0VZQzK1s
    Google Translate: In addition, as a privilege to purchase "Game Gear Micro" in 4 colors at the same time, a "Big Window Micro", which is a micro size of the optional unit "Big Window" that allows you to enlarge the screen by using a convex lens, will be presented!
    EZjyqKdUMAEaeAb?format=jpg&name=small

71mommaz7OL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    body size:
    Width approx. 80 mm x height approx. 43 mm x depth approx. 20 mm

Screen size:
    1.15 inches (240x180 pixel)

Audio output:
    Monaural speaker, 3.5mm stereo headphone jack x1

Power supply:
    2 AAA batteries (sold separately), USB micro terminal power supply is also possible
    4 color variations,
    4 masterpiece games for each
    As for the main body color, four types of black, blue, yellow and red are available as at the time. Each has four built-in masterpiece games of the time. As with Megadora Mini, it also has an interrupt save function, so you may be able to see the ending of that game that could not be cleared at that time?

https://books.rakuten.co.jp/event/game/game-gear-micro/index-sp.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

4 games per coloured unit. So if you want to play all 16 games you need to buy all 4 coloured units. Stupid idea. At that price I might have been tempted but for 4 games, definitely no.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

What an utter waste of money that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

This isn't the "shake up the industry" announcement is it??

Far too small to be functional, and the 4 games per colour is almost Nintendo'esque in its collector-bait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm guessing a lot of reactions involve that Ken Jeong squinting picture.

Wonder if to keep things genuine to the original, the battery doesn't last long.

Now wonder when the big announcement that will shake up the industry will be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

CastorTroy wrote: »

Now wonder when the big announcement that will shake up the industry will be

I think its been announced already, or at least heavily rumoured, as a cloud gaming service for arcades in Japan. They're calling it Fog Gaming.

Just saw that. It would be a game changer for arcades. At least arcades that aren't just poker and other gambling machines. :)

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just saw that. It would be a game changer for arcades. At least arcades that aren't just poker and other gambling machines. :)

It'd really protect arcade games too, and keep them actually in the arcades. Many of the modern arcade games use off the shelf pc parts to run, with a small security dongle for security which invariably gets hacked. The dunps of the games are then released online, so a could based solution would mean such a practice would stop.

That's not great for preservation though. While it's all well & good while the game is making money, what happens in 10/15 years where it's nowhere to be found physically or digitally....lost to the ether of time.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hmm. Unlucky timing if the cloud-gaming-for-arcades thing is true, can't imagine that an arcade is any better placed than other social/entertainment business in terms of coping with a requirement to allow for 2m distancing between all patrons and regular cleaning of all communal surfaces.

Inviere wrote: »
    It'd really protect arcade games too, and keep them actually in the arcades. Many of the modern arcade games use off the shelf pc parts to run, with a small security dongle for security which invariably gets hacked. The dunps of the games are then released online, so a could based solution would mean such a practice would stop.

That's not great for preservation though. While it's all well & good while the game is making money, what happens in 10/15 years where it's nowhere to be found physically or digitally....lost to the ether of time.

Yep, I've seen Wreck it Ralph so know what happens when a game isn't popular anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Fysh wrote: »
    Hmm. Unlucky timing if the cloud-gaming-for-arcades thing is true, can't imagine that an arcade is any better placed than other social/entertainment business in terms of coping with a requirement to allow for 2m distancing between all patrons and regular cleaning of all communal surfaces.

Fog gaming is a cloud-gaming solution that uses arcade hardware instead of cloud servers to do all the computations, this lets the owners of arcades to put their machines to use when the arcade units are not in use at night so it will not be impeded by any social distancing.

It looks like this then in turn will be used to power an unannounced Sega gaming service.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Xenji wrote: »
    Fog gaming is a cloud-gaming solution that uses arcade hardware instead of cloud servers to do all the computations, this lets the owners of arcades to put their machines to use when the arcade units are not in use at night so it will not be impeded by any social distancing.

It looks like this then in turn will be used to power an unannounced Sega gaming service.

Ah, ok - that makes much more sense! :)

Ah, so Wreck it Ralph 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

And here i was hoping sega would enter the fray again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Anyone have the Bluetooth adapter for the Lite? It’s crazy Nintendo have not implemented Bluetooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

Didn't want to spam the bargains thread with a request!

What's most worth picking up in this sale for a pretty newcomer to the switch? I picked up Slay the Spire, SteamWorld Heist, Into the Breach and Mario & Rabbids last sale and have enjoyed all of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Xaniaj wrote: »

What's most worth picking up in this sale for a pretty newcomer to the switch? I picked up Slay the Spire, SteamWorld Heist, Into the Breach and Mario & Rabbids last sale and have enjoyed all of them!

I have my eye on Ori and the Blind Forest. There is a demo if you want to try it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Xaniaj wrote: »

Goat SIM is definitely not to be missed at €7.50 even cheaper from other regions if you borderhop

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

Goat SIM is definitely not to be missed at €7.50 even cheaper from other regions if you borderhop

I just checked some gameplay on this and looks like great fun so I'll defin pick that up, thanks for the suggestion!

Switch Firmware Ver. 10.0.4 (Released June 4, 2020)

Fixed the following issue:
    We have fixed the issue where it was not possible in some countries or regions to add funds using a new credit card or to register credit card information in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22525/~/nintendo-switch-system-updates-and-change-history#v1004

So I stumbled upon that Lidl in Germany sell Nintendo games online and they've a one-off flat fee of €4.95 for delivery on your order.

https://www.lidl.de/de/nintendo-spiele/c22041

It'd be handy if they did that here.

More Sneaky shots of the construction of Super Nintendo World.

The photos are taken from within the Waterworld section of Universal Studios Japan, so you can ignore that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Quick question and I think I know the answer but just to be sure.

Cousin is getting a switch today and I was going to give them a loan of Mario Kart and Odyssey until they get a few games of their own. The save files are on the console and not the Kart aren't they?

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Quick question and I think I know the answer but just to be sure.

Cousin is getting a switch today and I was going to give them a loan of Mario Kart and Odyssey until they get a few games of their own. The save files are on the console and not the Kart aren't they?

Yeah they're saved on the console itself, not the cart.

Advertisement