Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo: General Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No I played on the chrome browser using Nintendo Pro controller and Stadia controller. Not totally sure about playing on phone or TV though. Assuming Pro controller will work with them too but would need to check.

Edit: Just checked, playing on tv through chromecast is with Stadia controller only. Playing on chrome browser with most modern controllers using bluetooth with your pc or usb cable.

I've had a Stadia since the start, it's very good indeed.
    I've been building up a games library there too, it just means of too many games to play and no time to play them!
    Destiny 2 is pretty great, but there isn't anything that can compare with Mario Odyssey or BotW, certainly nothing exclusive to the format

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I've had a Stadia since the start, it's very good indeed.
    I've been building up a games library there too, it just means of too many games to play and no time to play them!
    Destiny 2 is pretty great, but there isn't anything that can compare with Mario Odyssey or BotW, certainly nothing exclusive to the format

I like offline and physical more and more. Maybe it's cause my day job is 8 hours of being online, zoom, slack etc.... it's nice to switch off !!! Also I never get round to consuming anything but a tiny fraction of subscription services ...

Honestly I wish I had a healthy outdoor job to keep me fit and then I could enjoy video games more and not worry about it being more sitting on my ass staring at screen time.

(Edit)
    Second paragraph is a digression :) from first :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,051 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I thought Stadia was a dead man walking. Has it turned the corner now then.

Edit: nevermind, have seen replies above.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I'm not a stadia subscriber, no desire for the subscription games. If a game appeals to me though I'd be more inclined to pick them up on Stadia now. It's working so smoothly. It's not for everyone. But right now it suits me perfectly for 3rd party stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

nintendoo wrote: »
    I like offline and physical more and more. Maybe it's cause my day job is 8 hours of being online, zoom, slack etc.... it's nice to switch off !!! Also I never get round to consuming anything but a tiny fraction of subscription services ...

Honestly I wish I had a healthy outdoor job to keep me fit and then I could enjoy video games more and not worry about it being more sitting on my ass staring at screen time.

(Edit)
    Second paragraph is a digression :) from first :):)

I haven't lost the physical game/console collecting buzz at all although, in truth, there are fewer and fewer things I don't have and must have.
    As a result I have drifted towards digital, especially in the current gen.
    Where a game is significant I'll get it in tangible form but most purchases are from digital online stores, in particular Nintendo.

I too am in a role now that has me on a PC a lot of the day, but my PC gaming days are 20 years behind me!
    Consoles, I find it harder to get my ass up to the gamesroom, instead finding solace in my Switch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

iamtony wrote: »
    Amazing mario kart is still in the charts and animal crossi g is above the last of us 2.

Even more amazing is GTA V still there after 7 years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,347 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Even more amazing is GTA V still there after 7 years!

Hey, that's a PS5 launch game you're talking about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hey, that's a PS5 launch game you're talking about!

Not even. It's not out until next year. Don't want to rush it to release

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Guys, is there a way to send switch controllers in to Nintendo to get them replaced?

I've a set of tje ones that click on the side that have developed awful drift. But when I clicked on the links I found, it seemed to be insisting on a UK address. Is there no way to send them in from an Irish address, or am I following the wrong links?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

How was this not delayed, instead they release it and charged €50 for it :confused:
    Digital Foundry seem pessimistic over how much they can do to fix it all of the issues as well. Drops to single digits is astounding to achieve in 2020, like a bad kickstarter game wouldn't manage that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Rumoured to be around the €200 mark! Looks great, but not at that price

https://twitter.com/nintendouk/status/1283008649091317760?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,012 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

LEGO Nintendo Entertainment System: Now you're playing with power...and bricks

https://youtube.com/watch?v=oRrVwfp0CXg
    Recreate classic Super Mario Bros. gameplay with this cool LEGO Nintendo Entertainment System! Place the Game Pack in the brick-built console. Turn the handle on the retro TV to make 8-bit Mario move across the screen. And place LEGO Mario from the LEGO Super Mario Starter Course in the slot on top so he reacts to the on-screen enemies, obstacles and power-ups, while the original game’s theme tune plays!

The Lego Nintendo Entertainment System has been officially announced. I was reading yesterday that it costs around €300. WTF!? And if you want sound on your TV, then that's another €60.

Edit: Went looking and it's $230, don't be surprised if we get screwed in Euros.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/nintendo-entertainment-system-71374

Launches on 1st August and contains 2,646 pieces.

It's recommended for builders of 18+ years of age.

sligeach wrote: »

The Lego Nintendo Entertainment System has been officially announced. I was reading yesterday that it costs around €300. WTF!? And if you want sound on your TV, then that's another €70.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/07/nintendo_officially_unveils_the_lego_nes_console_launches_next_month

No you were misinformed, Nintendolife handily link to the correct price which is £209, so 230 euro at today's exchange rate from Sterling.

A lot of money, and way too expensive for some, but if people are surprised by how much Lego cost's they've clearly been out of the brick building game for too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://youtube.com/watch?v=oRrVwfp0CXg

The Lego Nintendo Entertainment System has been officially announced. I was reading yesterday that it costs around €300. WTF!? And if you want sound on your TV, then that's another €70.

Edit: Went looking and it's $230, don't be surprised if we get screwed in Euros.

That's quite cheap for the amount of bricks compared to some other themed Lego sets.

Lego don't screw you on exchange rates. Usually a small increase but not much.

The Lego Nintendo Entertainment System has been officially announced. I was reading yesterday that it costs around €300. WTF!? And if you want sound on your TV, then that's another €60.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That's quite cheap for the amount of bricks compared to some other themed Lego sets.

Lego don't screw you on exchange rates. Usually a small increase but not much.

You're absolutely correct. It's listed at 230 euros. No one is getting screwed today :pac::D:rolleyes:

https://www.lego.com/en-ie/product/nintendo-entertainment-system-71374

You've plenty of screws loose if you spend over 200 Euro on this in my opinion. It's definitely not for me. You could buy a real functioning TV(with sound) for that money. It's the price of a Switch Lite.

You've plenty of screws loose if you spend over 200 Euro on this in my opinion. It's definitely not for me. You could buy a real functioning TV(with sound) for that money. It's the price of a Switch Lite.

I think it looks great and wish I had the money for it, and you're not wrong, it definitely is not for everyone, I don't particularly appreciate the way you've expressed it but there we go.

I'm surprised and disappointed that I have to intervene again in the Nintendo forum, but please move on from this topic.
    Value for money is entirely subjective and it really isn't on to make judgements of other people if they'll spend their money on something you'd never do.
    I mean, as Nintendo fans we should be a little more conscious of this, given the similar criticism of Nintendo gaming from other quarters, where they feel we waste every penny we spend on our Switch or 3DS.
    Tldr: move on from the rapidly personalised comments, discuss the Lego sets if you like but don't make out those who buy it are idiots, or vice versa.

I had forgotten why I didn't bother posting here for months. It hasn't taken long to remember, the tail wags the dog. Adios. Again. :rolleyes:

The star wars Millennium Falcon set is €799 in Smyths at 7500 pieces.
    This looks pretty cool and complex with the scrolling screen. The fact the cartridge can be inserted and pushed down was unexpected. I think if I was a lego collector I would get it. I'm tempted at it is.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The star wars Millennium Falcon set is €799 in Smyths at 7500 pieces.
    This looks pretty cool and complex with the scrolling screen. The fact the cartridge can be inserted and pushed down was unexpected. I think if I was a lego collector I would get it. I'm tempted at it is.

RMC was talking about this on the week before lasts GoNintendo podcast. Some guy sent in a question(latter half of the show), well it was more of a tip to RMC about it. He gave RMC a link, though he didn't give it to us, about a site in China, where you can buy it for a third(maybe more) of the price, but it's called something weird, he couldn't pronounce it right, Murlennium Fulcrum, something like that. It's the exact same thing, all the pieces, just different packaging.

What the hell's an Aluminum Falcon?

Sorry, off topic.
    Anyway, we still looking at next week for the possible Direct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

RMC was talking about this on the week before lasts GoNintendo podcast. Some guy sent in a question(latter half of the show), well it was more of a tip to RMC about it. He gave RMC a link, though he didn't give it to us, about a site in China, where you can buy it for a third(maybe more) of the price, but it's called something weird, he couldn't pronounce it right, Murlennium Fulcrum, something like that. It's the exact same thing, all the pieces, just different packaging.

Chinese knock-off Lego, I won't name the brand, looks the same from a distance but up close you can see where you're money is going on the actual Lego model. Well, you could if you had the money and the inclination. Creaky, crackly plastic, poor moulding, badly printed parts and you're supporting China... so yeah.

That NES Lego set looks great, I'll be getting it. The actual Mario sets that are out now look great for kids but anyone over the age of 10 can better spend their money elsewhere.

ERG89 wrote: »

How was this not delayed, instead they release it and charged €50 for it :confused:
    Digital Foundry seem pessimistic over how much they can do to fix it all of the issues as well. Drops to single digits is astounding to achieve in 2020, like a bad kickstarter game wouldn't manage that.

Watched it last night. Genuinely didn't post it for fear of being accused of ragging on the game. Given the BS today, I'm glad I didn't. Ya, it's atrocious, NVC slated it too in the latest episode. I think it was Tom Marks calling it a janky something or other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

What time do the new snes games usually come online? I've a serious hankering for some donkey kong

A closer look at the LEGO Nintendo Entertainment System

https://youtube.com/watch?v=v4PttXf2uPY

The sound kicks in briefly towards the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Fanmade mod for Ocarina of Time for a new game set between Ocarina and Majora

Apparently takes about an hour to finish. I haven't played it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Music is hauntingly appropriate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Will that work on the N64 emu?

Advertisement