Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo: General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Maybe something like Everspace? It's a well reviewed game that looks great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nintendo have acquired Next Level games (developed lots of games for Nintendo, must recently Luigi's Mansion 3). Seems like a good fit.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/01/nintendo-acquires-next-level-games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,051 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Is Smyth's the best place to buy a Switch now that Amazon UK is a pain? Thinking of getting myself one since I never get a look in with the kids Switch.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭nextgengamer

Is Smyth's the best place to buy a Switch now that Amazon UK is a pain? Thinking of getting myself one since I never get a look in with the kids Switch.

Yes, click n collect in a few places. Loads in some stores, none in others. Plus they don't rip you off on hardware. You might want to be quick in Dublin region with lockdowns etc. Also customer service is very helpful with returns etc. My goto place for console stuff as I like picking up consoles safely in person. :)

(Edit)
    Loads of lites for home delivery ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

You can get a switch lite delivered from Germany for less than €200.... If looking for one of those.
    https://shop.maingau-energie.de/multimedia-technik/gaming/nintendo-switch-lite-tuerkis?c=35
    €5 off if you sign up for newsletter - https://shop.maingau-energie.de/newsletter
    €167 delivered to mailboxde.com + shipping to Ireland is around €20 - a few couriers on hold because of brexit, but GLS and UPS still shipping here from 4 days.

• Advertisement

Thinking I'm going to go full fat switch but changed my mind at least half a dozen times since I posted before.

Presume the Switch that comes with ring fit is the newer version with better battery life? Going to plump (pardon the pun) for that one I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,347 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Presume the Switch that comes with ring fit is the newer version with better battery life? Going to plump (pardon the pun) for that one I think.

Yeah the older version had a potential hardware hacking exploit so they got rid of them in a hurry. Anything you buy now, especially in that bundle, will be the newer version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Thinking I'm going to go full fat switch but changed my mind at least half a dozen times since I posted before.

For the sake of the few quid I think you're better off. I haven't docked mine to the TV very much in 2+ years but I like having the option for Mario Kart. If I wasn't a parent to 3 kids I would definitely play it more on the TV so it all depends on your circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Handheld mode tabletop mode docked and multiplayer mode versus handheld the og switch has a better battery life than the lite the newer switch has better than both of them, definitely go for the phat switch it's more durable than the lite too.

• Advertisement

Handheld mode tabletop mode docked and multiplayer mode versus handheld the og switch has a better battery life than the lite the newer switch has better than both of them, definitely go for the phat switch it's more durable than the lite too.

Bought the ringfit one. And somehow it attracted the kids (teenagers and 12 year old) into this new game and I still barely got a look in. That's not how the plan is supposed to work at all! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You should pretend it was the plan to get them to exercise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Bought the ringfit one. And somehow it attracted the kids (teenagers and 12 year old) into this new game and I still barely got a look in. That's not how the plan is supposed to work at all! :)
    Should have ran into the other room and started playing the old switch :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Monster Hunter Rise demo supposed to be out on the eshop today/tomorrow ahead of the march release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Monster Hunter Rise demo supposed to be out on the eshop today/tomorrow ahead of the march release.

Had a look there nothing up yet. Looking forward to giving it a go over weekend. Hopefully be up tomorrow

One of the joycons we sent away to be fixed last year started drifting again, which is a bit crap. Got some electrical contact cleaner and gave it a quick blast and it's worked a treat. Don't expect it to last but for a 20 second job I'm delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I sent two left joy cons off for repair and I think they are still fine but one of my right ones seems to have started drifting now but it' only noticeable on the Switch's menu screen as you can navigate with the right stick ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

DeSelby83 wrote: »

On eshop now. 1.6gb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Tried the Monster Hunter Rise demo there, impressed with the small bit I played. Definitely a pre order for me anyway I reckon. Not sure whether to go digital or hardcopy. Collectors Edition looks nice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

pixelburp wrote: »
    Thought I'd already posted a thanks, but mustn't have submitted: thanks to both you guys Fysh / glasso. Funny though, as it happens Rebel Galaxy was exactly the kind of game I was thinking of originally, but wasn't aware it was getting a Switch release. So happy days! Is passing strange that genre isn't well serves on the Switch though it's fairly niche even on PC anyway so perhaps not that odd all the same...

Picked up Rebel Galaxy in the end and yeah, exactly the kinda of space exploration game I was looking for. Scratching that itch perfectly, It's pool minigame is also quite solid :D The only quibble is the port didn't factor playing handheld cos the font size on the UI is tinnnnyand barely legible (and not a changeable setting it seems, unfortunately)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Dmac98

My left joycon doesn’t connect to switch or isn’t recognised at all. Can’t charge it. The switch hasn’t been used much and can’t understand why it’s gone wrong.
    Has anyone had this problem? Went to book it in for repair and it says they’re not repairing Irish consoles because of brexit. Anyone know anything helpful?

I see CEX will now pick up stuff from your home via some kind of an post collection service.

Also, why is the plain boxed black and turquoise 2ds XL selling there for 225 euro ? And why is boxed Pikachu one selling for 185 ? 40 quid less.

Nintendo second hand market !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Looks like Panic Button have surpassed their prior work and made Doom Eternal run better than previous, technically simpler ID Tech games; the pull miracle worker stuff, really shows up the sloppiness of other Switch ports out there. Whatever they're paid there, it's not enough lol.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Looks like Panic Button have surpassed their prior work and made Doom Eternal run better than previous, technically simpler ID Tech games; the pull miracle worker stuff, really shows up the sloppiness of other Switch ports out there. Whatever they're paid there, it's not enough lol.

Just tried that on series x. It's too hard and scary for me. :) Maybe I'll play with the volume off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Dmac98 wrote: »
    My left joycon doesn’t connect to switch or isn’t recognised at all. Can’t charge it. The switch hasn’t been used much and can’t understand why it’s gone wrong.
    Has anyone had this problem? Went to book it in for repair and it says they’re not repairing Irish consoles because of brexit. Anyone know anything helpful?

Are you sure the jocon is completely dead or not just fully charged? I ask as you say you have not used the Switch in a while and maybe it takes longer to charge up the battery in the joycon?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

Nintendo account hacked today. Accessed from Spain some how. 220 euro worth of fcuking V Bucks purchased :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Just tried that on series x. It's too hard and scary for me. :) Maybe I'll play with the volume off.

Doom Eternal is hard and really a K+M game at heart in terms of the speed of aiming required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,347 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Glebee wrote: »
    Nintendo account hacked today. Accessed from Spain some how. 220 euro worth of fcuking V Bucks purchased :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I feel your pain. Had that happen to me on Xbox way back when. No for all digital purchases I use a specific Revolut card and only add money to it when I need it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Has anyone bought the Bluetooth adapter for Switch, if so is it any good?

Advertisement