Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New road bike or upgrades?

Options
  • 08-06-2017 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭

I've started riding this year and have already passed 1000km. I'm currently riding a Cannondale CAAD 8 with Claris groupset.

I was thinking of doing some upgrades to this (mainly the groupset and wheels) - but wondering if this is worth my while when I could buy something like the below Btwin Ultra 720 with decent wheels and Ultegra for not much more than 1000€

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/ultra-720-af-road-bike-ultegra-id_8331274.html

Any thoughts on whether the upgrades are worthwhile?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

New bike, no contest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

I'd stick it up on adverts or donedeal and if you get a good offer get the new bike. There's tons of nearly new bikes for sale that you could get at the right price second hand
    Was in London over the weekend and everywhere I went I seen Btwin bikes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'd stick it up on adverts or donedeal and if you get a good offer get the new bike. There's tons of nearly new bikes for sale that you could get at the right price second hand
    Was in London over the weekend and everywhere I went I seen Btwin bikes

Agree with you on second hand being an option.

Couldn't care less about how many of my brand of bike are around, for that budget I'd get any brand but like the spec of that one and live right beside the shop

Advertisement