Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anybody done or know anything of this course?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

What are your concerns about the course? I haven't done it myself but 10 weeks of training should give you a good grounding in the fundamentals.

Depends what you're looking to get out of it really, if you are looking to progress on to one of their longer courses they mention then it's a no brainer i guess. If you are looking to learn enough to start building websites freelance or something I'd say it might be limited and you will only get the basics of everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭nix

What are your concerns about the course? I haven't done it myself but 10 weeks of training should give you a good grounding in the fundamentals.

Depends what you're looking to get out of it really, if you are looking to progress on to one of their longer courses they mention then it's a no brainer i guess. If you are looking to learn enough to start building websites freelance or something I'd say it might be limited and you will only get the basics of everything.

Well im gonna do this to give myself a kick in the arse towards a career, I'm hoping to learn the basics out of this course and be ready to jump into the code institute afterwards. Its also to see if im into it as forking over for the code institute is alot of €€€, which i dont want to waste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Robarley

nix wrote: »
    Well im gonna do this to give myself a kick in the arse towards a career, I'm hoping to learn the basics out of this course and be ready to jump into the code institute afterwards. Its also to see if im into it as forking over for the code institute is alot of €€€, which i dont want to waste.

If you are looking to do about coding download ftp client (filezilla) get your hands on some free software e.g Mybb and just mess around with the code,you will get used to it eventually..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭nix

Robarley wrote: »
    If you are looking to do about coding download ftp client (filezilla) get your hands on some free software e.g Mybb and just mess around with the code,you will get used to it eventually..

Yeah but im a lazy fecker and need go to a place and be told what to do, need to beat the lazy out of me otherwise ill just procrastinate :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Yeah but im a lazy fecker and need go to a place and be told what to do, need to beat the lazy out of me otherwise ill just procrastinate :p

You've got the right plan so!

I took a Fas course in web design many moons ago that got me into it, didn't touch it then for years and went travelling but when i came home it seemed like the logical thing to get back into as i enjoyed it.

Its all well and good playing around at home but i'm not one for having the discipline to learn from a book either, do the course and see how you get on! Also you can't ask a book questions and Google won't always have a practical answer either (although it has saved my ass many times).

Best of luck with it all!

• Advertisement
Advertisement