Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hatches

• 08-06-2017 1:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know of a good source for boat hatches? I'm looking for two Inspection hatches about 18"× 24" to fit into the deck to make access etc to the engine a little bit easier. Have seen some online, not quite what I want and silly money. Might finish up being a diy job but I'd prefer the real thing. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

Ordered a pair of hatches from CH which should make life a little bit easier. The size and price were just right so, another job on the "to do" list. Not getting a lot done at the moment as work is full on and only getting home for a day between tours. But stocking up in readiness for the next bit of free time.

You can see from the pic how access is very tight down each side of the engine. Hoses were awkward to replace and spark plugs are down on the bottom edges of each side of the engine, so at least they will be easier to get at when I'm changing them.

It will be better having quicker, easier access in future in case of any emergency repairs etc. Thanks fergal. How's your boat performing? Better weather forecast for the end of next week and the weekend!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

Arrived home from work today to find my most recent purchases had arrived , including my hatches . Very happy with them and I plan to fit them tomorrow. Pics will follow. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Nice one. Best of luck, looking forward to the pics!

Advertisement