Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about running triple monitor displays

Options
  • 08-06-2017 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I am trying to run three monitor, two BENQ GL2450(24") and a single hannspree HSG1116(32"), they are all 1920x1080P to the best of my knowledge.
    The GPU is a ASUS 660 and the ports are descried coming from the gpu to their respective monitors and are as follows;
    The hdmi to hdmi (hannspree),
    The Display port to hdmi converted to DIV-D (benq)
    The DIV-D converted to vga to vga (benq)
    I plug in all three monitor and the monitors that is conected via the Display port is the only one not showing up as pluged in on the pc, which ever of the benq monitors i plug it into.
    Thanks in advance,
    Mossie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The Display port to hdmi converted to DIV-D (benq)

Are you connecting a DP to HDMI cable into a HDMI to DVI-D adapter? Do your benqs not have HDMI in?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Mossietheno1

yes i am connecting to the benq with a hdmi to div-d converter, because no it does not have a hmdi in

The cable is unidirectional but the adapter is bidirectional into a bidirectional port. Im not sure thats it, but it could well be.

thanks for the help I'm looking around to check if the cable works the other way around on any other devices.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/201674470468?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    this is the cable i bought and it said it can pass the single the way im pluging it it in. none the less i will still try to check if it works the other way

• Advertisement

It wont work the other way, the DP has to be in the graphics card.

The thing is the Benq is getting DVI-D so its looking to be able to handshake with the sender, but the HDMI signal you're providing can only be listened to and wont accept any response.

HSG1116:
    3xHDMI ports

GL2450 (x2):
    D-Sub‎
    VGA

660:
    DVI Output : Yes x 1 (DVI-I), Yes x 1 (DVI-D)
    HDMI Output : Yes x 1
    Display Port : Yes x 1 (Regular DP)

I think the easiest is
    DP to HDMI Cable into Hanspree
    DVI out to Benq 1
    HDMI out to Benq 2 with
    71b1bt4DjBL._SY355_.jpg
    Ending up with VGA

Dont go buying anything unless another can confirm though as Im not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Get rid of vga, it's no good for setups like this. Also try not to use any converters at all, they just introduce a whole new bunch of problems.

ED E wrote: »
    It wont work the other way, the DP has to be in the graphics card.

The thing is the Benq is getting DVI-D so its looking to be able to handshake with the sender, but the HDMI signal you're providing can only be listened to and wont accept any response.

HSG1116:
    3xHDMI ports

GL2450 (x2):
    D-Sub‎
    VGA

660:
    DVI Output : Yes x 1 (DVI-I), Yes x 1 (DVI-D)
    HDMI Output : Yes x 1
    Display Port : Yes x 1 (Regular DP)

I think the easiest is
    DP to HDMI Cable into Hanspree
    DVI out to Benq 1
    HDMI out to Benq 2 with
    71b1bt4DjBL._SY355_.jpg
    Ending up with VGA

Dont go buying anything unless another can confirm though as Im not sure.

do i need to use a boxed converter like that i have one the pulgs at the port and the you pulg the the vga in it. i have set it up the way you said and the dp to hdmi is still not working.

I have to use vga because i only a 660 and the ports are as stated above

They're passive adapters so the cableless type should work fine, thats what I used previously.

if anyone know any other way i could troubleshoot this problem please help, the dp to hmdi display is still not working

• Advertisement
Advertisement