Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban

Options
  • 08-06-2017 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057749559

"Let's burn down the mosque so this never happens again"

I am banned from the Galway City forum for a week for the above post.
    The reason was for trolling.

I discussed this issue with the mod in question as per the DR procedure stated.

The ban was upheld. I was given the choice of asking to be unbanned on Sunday or appealing the whole thing.

I don't agree with a ban of any sort.
    My post wasn't trolling. There was a small bit of sniping going on in the thread.
    My comment was a satirical post made in jest to attempt to give the thread some levity.
    The post wasn't taken as a whole statement i.e it was taken out of context whilst concentrating on just one sentence of it.
    Its a mistake to take it literally and wrong to label it as trolling.

Could this be looked into please?
    If any more details are needed - I'll provide them.

Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I'll ask a Region CMod to review your appeal. In the meantime, you may wish to re-think your defence...
    The post wasn't taken as a whole statement i.e it was taken out of context whilst concentrating on just one sentence of it.
    But it was only one sentence...
    Let's burn down the mosque so this never happens again.
    You're going to have to do a bit of work on your "in jest" angle.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

This what the mod posted early in the thread, and before you posted:
    biko wrote: »
    Troll post and responses removed.

1 The highest of decorum is expected by everyone. Bans will be swift.
    2 Only discuss this particular incident. Don't go off topic.

If anyone who may want to discuss the wider issues there is an AH thread here

Before I ask for pms or anything else, surely you can see that:
    - You did not maintain a high standard of decorum - instead you say you wanted to inject satire, jest and levity into the thread.
    - You did not discuss the particular incident at hand
    - You did not therefore stay on topic
    - You did not take the opportunity provided to discuss the wider issue using the link provided.
    Your Face wrote: »
    As The Hill Billy said, this doesnt add up - there is only one sentence.
    Your Face wrote: »
    Its a mistake to take it literally and wrong to label it as trolling.
    That one sentence is all we have to go by, we cant surmise what your intent was, we have to take it literally from what we see in front of us and given the mod warnings about previous remarks on thread, it does come across as trolling.

I see no other choice here other than upholding the ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

CMod ruling not contested in over a month.

Resolved.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement