Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HAP How does it work?

Options
  • 08-06-2017 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello I am just wondering how does the HAP with council work? I am living in a house now and I don't think the landlords will accept they want to put the rent up and it's to expensive for me plus they seem dodgy I think there avoiding taxes! :o anyways I'll probably move back home in the next month but I need to have my own place I've just had a baby.I'm on the housing list because I read that you need to be on it to qualify for HAP. but does it take long to get it and do I have to find a house and landlord that's willing to accept HAP before I tell the council?

Thanks for any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭ooter

You might get some info here..
    http://www.dublincity.ie/HAP

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MissEmma91

Thank you that was easy to understand

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

MissEmma91 wrote: »
    Hello I am just wondering how does the HAP with council work? I am living in a house now and I don't think the landlords will accept they want to put the rent up and it's to expensive for me plus they seem dodgy I think there avoiding taxes! :o anyways I'll probably move back home in the next month but I need to have my own place I've just had a baby.I'm on the housing list because I read that you need to be on it to qualify for HAP. but does it take long to get it and do I have to find a house and landlord that's willing to accept HAP before I tell the council?

Thanks for any help :)

Arent you avoiding taxes by not working they may or may not be

Arent you avoiding taxes by not working they may or may not be

I do work I've a full time job I'm just on leave at the moment :) I'm only saying

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ok guys- we do not need speculation on the OP's or her current landlord's motives. Both have strong reasons- which are entirely logical and legal- for behaving in the manner in which they are doing so.

OP- congrats on your new baby- honestly though- you need your own place, its not fair (on anyone- including yourself) coming home to live with your folks, with a new baby.

• Advertisement

Ok guys- we do not need speculation on the OP's or her current landlord's motives. Both have strong reasons- which are entirely logical and legal- for behaving in the manner in which they are doing so.

OP- congrats on your new baby- honestly though- you need your own place, its not fair (on anyone- including yourself) coming home to live with your folks, with a new baby.

Yes exactly i am only concerned about if they try and say I didn't pay them or what ever they've no proof and I don't I've only proof I lived there cuz I got bill to the address. Like they don't have a rent book nothing every time something breaks in the house the husband fixes it they won't buy anything new or get a professional to repair. So I know there not going to accept HAP as they need to show taxes for what ever the reason is. And yes I would prefer to have my own little home with my son :) Thank you

Advertisement