Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anybody answer the phones at B.O.I anymore?

Options
  • 08-06-2017 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Have been trying to get in touch with bank of Ireland for several days now on 0818 and 1890 numbers I got through once Monday after 10 minutes and have been trying since with several attempts of 15,20 and 25 minute wait times it's eating in my Bill pay on the phone all I need is one straight forward question answered i'v tried the question on the 365 service desk but they just gave me a 1890 number to ring again 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Handy tip. After eventually getting through to your local branch ask for someone you know to call you back. They usually call you back on an 076 number. You can then save this number and you now have a direct line to your branch. Sad that it has come to this but that's modern life I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

gar318 wrote: »
    Have been trying to get in touch with bank of Ireland for several days now on 0818 and 1890 numbers I got through once Monday after 10 minutes and have been trying since with several attempts of 15,20 and 25 minute wait times it's eating in my Bill pay on the phone all I need is one straight forward question answered i'v tried the question on the 365 service desk but they just gave me a 1890 number to ring again 
    Hi gar318,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

We're sorry to hear that you experienced this long hold time. It may be necessary to speak with an advisor as our Service Desk colleagues on 365 Online may be unable to assist fully with your specific query. If we can help you with your query please let us know.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

Bank of Ireland have become a joke of a bank. Over 30 mins trying to speak to someone over the phone yesterday with no result, and over 20 mins waiting today. 

Called into a branch too only to have a customer service rep walk away form me mid conversation. Disgraceful behaviour.

But I'm sure I'll get my speedy response in 10 hours or so here with the canned "your business is very important to us" spiel :rolleyes:

rosser44 wrote: »
    Bank of Ireland have become a joke of a bank. Over 30 mins trying to speak to someone over the phone yesterday with no result, and over 20 mins waiting today. 

Called into a branch too only to have a customer service rep walk away form me mid conversation. Disgraceful behaviour.

But I'm sure I'll get my speedy response in 10 hours or so here with the canned "your business is very important to us" spiel :rolleyes:
    Hi rosser44,

Thanks for your post.

We're sorry to hear this has been your experience. As I mentioned to gar318 above, if you would like to let us know the nature of your query we will be happy to try and help you here as best we can.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

Hi rosser44,

Thanks for your post.

We're sorry to hear this has been your experience. As I mentioned to gar318 above, if you would like to let us know the nature of your query we will be happy to try and help you here as best we can.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Well Sarah i finally got to talk to someone after spending over an hour on hold over 2 days only to be told that my issue can't be solved. The nature of my query now is what is bank of Ireland going to do over the 20 euro my attempts to speak them cost me? Let me guess, nothing. Ill get a long winded answer that will mean tough luck, we don't have enough people on the phones in customer service so you're out of pocket for 20 quid because our customer service is sub standard. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 gar318

I'v been with boi since I was a child (account opened in school decades ago) my partner switched over to kbc a while back and I think il be doing the same shortly  to be honest the only thing I require from my bank is decent customer service and it seems it simply isn't available anymore 

Thanks for the replys. 

For what it's worth it cost me €12 overall calling boi this week with no result at the end I wonder how much money that number actually generates I'd expect a premium service for the cost

This isn't a rant at the reps on boards either as most are usually very helpful and swift in replying.

But I'm sure I'll get my speedy response in 10 hours or so here with the canned "your business is very important to us" spiel :rolleyes:
    Hi rosser44,

Thanks for your post.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Well Sarah i finally got to talk to someone after spending over an hour on hold over 2 days only to be told that my issue can't be solved. The nature of my query now is what is bank of Ireland going to do over the 20 euro my attempts to speak them cost me? Let me guess, nothing. Ill get a long winded answer that will mean tough luck, we don't have enough people on the phones in customer service so you're out of pocket for 20 quid because our customer service is sub standard.
    Hi rosser44,

We're really sorry to hear this. If you wish to raise a complaint regarding the long hold time you experienced, please find our Customer Complaints process here.

Thanks,
    Sarah

gar318 wrote: »
    I'v been with boi since I was a child (account opened in school decades ago) my partner switched over to kbc a while back and I think il be doing the same shortly  to be honest the only thing I require from my bank is decent customer service and it seems it simply isn't available anymoreÂ

Thanks for the replys.Â

For what it's worth it cost me €12 overall calling boi this week with no result at the end I wonder how much money that number actually generates I'd expect a premium service for the cost

This isn't a rant at the reps on boards either as most are usually very helpful and swift in replying.
    Hi gar318,

Thanks for your reply and we're sorry to hear that you're considering switching from us. We do hope you reconsider and if we can help with anything please let us know here. As I mentioned to rosser44, should you wish to make a complaint regarding your experience, please see our Customer Complaints process here.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement