Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple gaming pc

Options
  • 08-06-2017 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭

Hi I only game on ps4 at the moment but thinking about getting a game on pc and the requirements are
    2ghz dual core CPU
    Nvidia GET 450 or Radeon HD 6770 with minimum 1GB vram
    2GB ram

I'm looking to do this as cheap as possible for now and I have an SSD with win10 on it already. I'm probably going to connect it to my tv for now as well but I'm not really sure. I wouldn't mind getting a second hand one because it won't be used a lot. Any ideas on what the best option is or a rough cost? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Those specs are very low, is it a very old title?

You'd probably pick up a PC capable on adverts for E 80.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Oh really. It's embarrassing but its for farming simulator 17. Can't play fps anymore because they make me nauseous and nothing else interests me. Those are the minimum specs, what should I be aiming for to have half decent performance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Farming simulator is not very intensive so I'd say an old i3 with a GTX650 or something around the €200 mark would run rings around it at ultra settings. This option would also allow you to play some newer stuff too and would be upgradable.

Have a look on adverts in your area and you'll probably find something handily enough.

You might find an old Core 2 Quad based system with a half decent card for €100-150.

If you really want to do it on the ultra cheap, buy an E8400/E8600 based Dell with 4GB ram or similar on Ebay for €60 and buy a 2nd hand card for €30-40 like a GT640. This is a dead end option though, not upgradable and won't be any good for newer stuff.

Advertisement