Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could Waterford Get Senior Minister by Leo?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

road_high wrote: »
    Jesus "what pushing of Kilkenny as the main city"?? Look at the reality. Anything in Kilkenny is put there and worked on pretty much by the local people. Sweet FA to do with central govt.... Who do even less for Kilkenny than for Waterford. It doesn't even have a college ffs.
    This is paranoia taken to new heights. Kilkenny has been growing on its own merits, regardless of central govt.
    Retail is a private business- again I don't see how Waterford could be behind in that regards...it has more diverse retailing- Kilkenny has a different focus i.e. small retailers in it's core. For example Waterford has 5 Tescos- Kilkenny has none. BTW I love a trip to Waterford the odd time for a change and some shops not in Kilkenny.

Road high, you have been pushing the same line consistently accusing Waterford of obsession with kk, yet you're on here consistently obsessing about Waterford...then this rubbish insinuating that kk people are some how more industrious than Waterford people, its nonsense.i think at one stage you suggested the animation place a great success was some sort of typical example of kk strategy,crazy talk.what annoys Waterford people is the likes of kk not supporting the regional city, no where to be seen when the hospital groupings were happening and we were protesting and now quiet too on the cardiac care, add into the mix historical lack of investment in stuff like roads between the two places and working with other SE counties to undermine Waterford, not buying into the region and you do get some annoyance, the whole region will suffer if Waterford doesn't thrive and we'll be further ignored, and we'll have more and more stuff not available in the region, not just lack of cardiac care.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Jesus "what pushing of Kilkenny as the main city"?? Look at the reality. Anything in Kilkenny is put there and worked on pretty much by the local people. Sweet FA to do with central govt.... Who do even less for Kilkenny than for Waterford. It doesn't even have a college ffs.
    This is paranoia taken to new heights. Kilkenny has been growing on its own merits, regardless of central govt.
    Retail is a private business- again I don't see how Waterford could be behind in that regards...it has more diverse retailing- Kilkenny has a different focus i.e. small retailers in it's core. For example Waterford has 5 Tescos- Kilkenny has none. BTW I love a trip to Waterford the odd time for a change and some shops not in Kilkenny.

Again? Really?

Retail is a private business, planning permission isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Max Powers wrote: »
    Road high, you have been pushing the same line consistently accusing Waterford of obsession with kk, yet you're on here consistently obsessing about Waterford...then this rubbish insinuating that kk people are some how more industrious than Waterford people, its nonsense.i think at one stage you suggested the animation place a great success was some sort of typical example of kk strategy,crazy talk.what annoys Waterford people is the likes of kk not supporting the regional city, no where to be seen when the hospital groupings were happening and we were protesting and now quiet too on the cardiac care, add into the mix historical lack of investment in stuff like roads between the two places and working with other SE counties to undermine Waterford, not buying into the region and you do get some annoyance, the whole region will suffer if Waterford doesn't thrive and we'll be further ignored, and we'll have more and more stuff not available in the region, not just lack of cardiac care.

Kilkenny and Waterford are on different wavelengths and thats the problem (from your perspective of course). There's no great south east region ingrained in my mentality or probably anybody north of ballyhale.
    Not sure where it was insuated kilkenny was more industrious- it's just a fact that the place has and always has had to stand on its own two feet as regards central government. I think you seem to think that towns like kilkenny and Carlow are somehow going to step aside and "allow" Waterford develop in place of them- this is utter fantasy land. It's a competitive world out there, no where does this. It ain't going to happen. Time Waterford looked at itself, played on its own merits rather than expecting "support" (ah poor us) from elsewhere...if anything if you want to go down the road of invented suffering, it's Cork that are Waterfords biggest obstacle- airport, uni, hospital (read cardiac care) that have faced the greatest opposition from- kilkenny has none of those services. But kilkenny is an easier bogeyman for whatever reason (but then you expect support after endless ranting about kilkenny and all it's inherent evil (can you not see the contradiction?)
    If I were Waterford I'd be love bombing kilkenny, Wexford and Carlow in order to gain the support you mention. Coming on here reading the antagonistic and openly hostile posts on here do Waterford no favours quite frankly. Just because it's next door does not equal a marriage made in heaven...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Max Powers wrote: »

Kilkenny and Waterford are on different wavelengths and thats the problem (from your perspective of course). There's no great south east region ingrained in my mentality or probably anybody north of ballyhale.
    Not sure where it was insuated kilkenny was more industrious- it's just a fact that the place has and always has had to stand on its own two feet as regards central government. I think you seem to think that towns like kilkenny and Carlow are somehow going to step aside and "allow" Waterford develop in place of them- this is utter fantasy land. It's a competitive world out there, no where does this. It ain't going to happen. Time Waterford looked at itself, played on its own merits rather than expecting "support" (ah poor us) from elsewhere...if anything if you want to go down the road of invented suffering, it's Cork that are Waterfords biggest obstacle- airport, uni, hospital (read cardiac care) that have faced the greatest opposition from- kilkenny has none of those services. But kilkenny is an easier bogeyman for whatever reason (but then you expect support after endless ranting about kilkenny and all it's inherent evil (can you not see the contradiction?)
    If I were Waterford I'd be love bombing kilkenny, Wexford and Carlow in order to gain the support you mention. Coming on here reading the antagonistic and openly hostile posts on here do Waterford no favours quite frankly. Just because it's next door does not equal a marriage made in heaven...

Competition is all well and good. Silence on important issues such as the hospital and university is just plain wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Deiseen wrote: »
    Competition is all well and good. Silence on important issues such as the hospital and university is just plain wrong.

Silence? I think you'll find Carlow kilkenny TDs based especially in south kilkenny have been and are very vocal on the cardiac services. Not sure what lots they can do? MICHEAL Martin FF isn't going to support that as in cork it's perceived as "taking resources" from Cork...but again Kilkenny is the villain here.
    The Uni is the same. Cork undermined the upgrade to IT status years ago ensuring they "got one too". Kilkenny doesn't even have a 3rd level facility...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Deiseen wrote: »

Silence? I think you'll find Carlow kilkenny TDs based especially in south kilkenny have been and are very vocal on the cardiac services. Not sure what lots they can do? MICHEAL Martin FF isn't going to support that as in cork it's perceived as "taking resources" from Cork...but again Kilkenny is the villain here.
    The Uni is the same. Cork undermined the upgrade to IT status years ago ensuring they "got one too". Kilkenny doesn't even have a 3rd level facility...

Other than JP Phelan at a march, can you give me an example of a Carlow Kilkenny TD mentioning this?

We know cork is the enemy but if you can't have your neighbours back you up then your not going to be able to do much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

This is the short sightedness right here, no support for region and this will negatively affect us all., no one looking for a step aside from kk,wexford just proper support for region issues.facts are kk didn't get behind opposition to hospital groups,kk doctors not supporting cardiac care campaign.as much as you try to hide it, its clear you have contempt for Waterford, the things we are campaigning about: hospital, university , airport are regional issues yet you paint them as Waterford whinging, again contempt for Waterford and putting is down when you are actually putting down the issues important to whole region.kk or Waterford or wexford won't reach its potential by themselves and the region and counties will fall further behind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

...There's no great south east region ingrained in my mentality or probably anybody north of ballyhale...

And this is why we find ourselves in a situation where people have literally died and why the south east has the highest unemployment rate. Give yourself and the lovely people north of Ballyhale a big pat on the back.

Advertisement