Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planning application

• 08-06-2017 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I'm trying to build a house... I've just recently hired an engineer to get me through the planning process as far as lodging application with the council. Does anyone know how long I should expect it to take the engineer until the application is lodged?

Tia

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Tammycat wrote: »
    I'm trying to build a house... I've just recently hired an engineer to get me through the planning process as far as lodging application with the council. Does anyone know how long I should expect it to take the engineer until the application is lodged?

Tia

1-3 months depending on how many changes you make prior to submission and if you go for preplanning or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tammycat

kceire wrote: »
    1-3 months depending on how many changes you make prior to submission and if you go for preplanning or not.

He's going into council for a pre planning meeting he said

Does that add much time on to it?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Ask the engineer?

Only they will know their work schedule.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Tammycat wrote: »
    He's going into council for a pre planning meeting he said

Does that add much time on to it?

Only he can answer that.
    The planners may require changes, you may require changes to suit your needs.
    It's a home, so you have to take your time.

I've had domestic extensions that took 3 months from initial survey to planning stage, making sure the owners got what they want.

Why the rush?

I'd be planning to start the build next year at this stage anyway if I was you.

Only he can answer that.

I've had domestic extensions that took 3 months from initial survey to planning stage, making sure the owners got what they want.

Why the rush?

Thanks for the advice, I'm actually in no rush to start the building process believe it or not lol I just hate not knowing if we'll be able to build at all if we don't get permission so I want that out of the way so I know I'm not just dreaming!!! Sorry, I'm a worrier I guess 😂

Plus I keep hearing its very hard to obtain planning permission in rural areas

• Advertisement

Only he can answer that.

Why the rush?

Thanks for the advice, I'm actually in no rush to start the building process believe it or not lol I just hate not knowing if we'll be able to build at all if we don't get permission so I want that out of the way so I know I'm not just dreaming!!! Sorry, I'm a worrier I guess 😂

Plus I keep hearing its very hard to obtain planning permission in rural areas

Advertisement