Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is your starsign?

• 09-06-2017 5:30am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭

I am Cancer. Go on indulge my nonsense....:P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

November

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Crocodile

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Adjusted for celestial inflation or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Domino's Pizza domino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Gemini

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,541 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Why so serious?
    Got the beat what you wanna
    If the groove don't get ya the rhyme flow's gonna
    I'm serious as cancer
    When I say "rhythm is a dancer"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Whiskey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

swf-starbucks-coffee-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

The Crucifix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Autosport wrote: »
    Gemini

No such star sign.

I'm Tesco, in fact I'm wearing a Tesco away jersey today.

My friend is lesbian so she says.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Hedgehog. I got a certificate from a website to prove it

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Daledge

Boeing AH-64 Apache Attack Helicopter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Daledge wrote: »
    That's your sexual identity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

images.jpg

No because each time I see the first part of your name I think for a brief second what the hell did I just post.

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Capricorn anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Red Leader

Wait......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I don't believe in star signs but to indulge you I'm a cancerian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭valoren

Scorpio.

I read a blurb once about some of the traits of the Scorpio.

They are either your best friend or your greatest enemy.

Always liked that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

No because each time I see the first part of your name I think for a brief second what the hell did I just post.

:p

Are you related?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

3 o'clock but I don't think I can make it to the party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

I usrd to be a gemini. But i wasnt having much luck with that so i switched to sagitarius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Capricorn anyway.

There's always one.

That's your sexual identity.

Isn't that more or less the same thing these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Biogender

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I'm a Virgo and yes I am perfect:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Star signs are fun. People get too worked up about them. I have never met anyone who plans their life around a horoscope.

Anyway, my star sign is Aries and my moon sign is Scorpio. I am very energetic and strong willed and blunt and can seem aggressive and tactless, and the Scorpio bit accounts for my dark side :D

Most of my friends are Gemini and they are the most talkative people you can meet, but prone to sudden changes of mind.

It's like a game, and we all know we are making our signs fit our personalities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭seenitall

I don't believe in all that mumbo jumbo, OP; you see, I am a Virgo* and we Virgos are a very sceptical bunch when it comes to all this unsubstantiated nonsense.

(*may not be true)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Daledge wrote: »

Dammit that's what I was gonna say :(
    I'm a leo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Lenny the Lion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

I am Cancer.

True

Glenster wrote: »
    True

WITCHCRAFT.

Or just clever use of the text editor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

My wife is an Aryan.

I always pick Aryans women with star signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Aquarius. Don't believe in the mumbo jumbo, but it describes me to a tee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I'm a Taurus which means...

Taurus Traits
    Taurus Traits

Known for being reliable, practical, ambitious and sensual, the people born under the Zodiac Sign Taurus have an eye for beauty. They tend to be good with finances, and hence, make efficient financial managers. However, like everyone else, a Taurus also has both positive and negative traits.

The Positives:

Generous
    The Taurus will readily lend a helping hand to the family, friends and the needy even if it means that they would have to endure hardship or loss.

Dependable
    You can count on the Taurus, they will not leave you disappointed. Their dependability makes them excellent employees and friends.

Down to earth
    These reliable and sensible souls are quite down to earth, polite and pleasant personalities. Success rarely goes to their heads.

Patient
    Patience is a virtue and the Taurus posses it aplenty. They believe in doing the job right rather than being the first one to do the job.

Independent
    Financially and emotionally, the Taurus prefer to be independent and strong so that they don’t have to look for support when life throws lemons at them.

Persistent
    Once they set their eyes on something, the Taurus will persistently put in all the efforts to get it. Failures and setbacks rarely dampen their spirits.

Uncover the real you, and see for yourself the cosmic map that Almighty has constructed for you. This specific arrangement of planets, the numbers and the stars at the time you were born makes you unique. Discover such aspects through the free Astro Profile Report.

Negative traits

Stubborn
    Although easy going and respectful, the Taurus can be unbelievably stubborn and inflexible in their approach. So much so that when the logical arguments don’t suit them, they will just refuse to listen!

Self-indulgent
    The Taurus are so goal-oriented that they often form a notion that the world revolves around them. Their self-indulgent streak makes them rude, and ignorant of others’ emotions.

Lazy
    While they are patient, they are also lazy, especially when ordered to do something. The Taurus will not move a muscle till they are motivated to get up and work.

Materialistic
    In their bid to secure their future and maintain a certain image in the society, the Taurus tend to become materialistic.

Possessive
    Possessiveness, which often translates into jealousy and resentment, is one major negative trait in the Taurus-born. Many a times their possessiveness even costs them genuine relationships.

Frugal
    While it is good to value money, the Taurus-born sometimes takes it too far and become frugal in the name of savings and building a better future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    I'm a Taurus which means...

Taurus Traits
    Taurus Traits

Known for being reliable, practical, ambitious and sensual, the people born under the Zodiac Sign Taurus have an eye for beauty. They tend to be good with finances, and hence, make efficient financial managers. However, like everyone else, a Taurus also has both positive and negative traits.

The Positives:

Generous
    The Taurus will readily lend a helping hand to the family, friends and the needy even if it means that they would have to endure hardship or loss.

Dependable
    You can count on the Taurus, they will not leave you disappointed. Their dependability makes them excellent employees and friends.

Down to earth
    These reliable and sensible souls are quite down to earth, polite and pleasant personalities. Success rarely goes to their heads.

Patient
    Patience is a virtue and the Taurus posses it aplenty. They believe in doing the job right rather than being the first one to do the job.

Independent
    Financially and emotionally, the Taurus prefer to be independent and strong so that they don’t have to look for support when life throws lemons at them.

Persistent
    Once they set their eyes on something, the Taurus will persistently put in all the efforts to get it. Failures and setbacks rarely dampen their spirits.

Uncover the real you, and see for yourself the cosmic map that Almighty has constructed for you. This specific arrangement of planets, the numbers and the stars at the time you were born makes you unique. Discover such aspects through the free Astro Profile Report.

Negative traits

Stubborn
    Although easy going and respectful, the Taurus can be unbelievably stubborn and inflexible in their approach. So much so that when the logical arguments don’t suit them, they will just refuse to listen!

Self-indulgent
    The Taurus are so goal-oriented that they often form a notion that the world revolves around them. Their self-indulgent streak makes them rude, and ignorant of others’ emotions.

Lazy
    While they are patient, they are also lazy, especially when ordered to do something. The Taurus will not move a muscle till they are motivated to get up and work.

Materialistic
    In their bid to secure their future and maintain a certain image in the society, the Taurus tend to become materialistic.

Possessive
    Possessiveness, which often translates into jealousy and resentment, is one major negative trait in the Taurus-born. Many a times their possessiveness even costs them genuine relationships.

Frugal
    While it is good to value money, the Taurus-born sometimes takes it too far and become frugal in the name of savings and building a better future.

Put it up on facebook and say it's about Aries, I guarantee a lot of people who are Aries will say it is so them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnum_effect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Ipso wrote: »
    Put it up on facebook and say it's about Aries, I guarantee a lot of people who are Aries will say it is so them.

Most people don't know what 'starsign ' they are. Mumbo jumbo doesn't account for the precession of the equinoxes. I was born in mid December. A fluffy headed hippy would inform me that I'm a Saggitarian (half man, half horse, licensed to sh1t in the street - Billy Connolly). I can smugly inform them that, no, I'm not. I'm an Ophiuchian. Born under the sign of the serpent bearer. Which is generally omitted anyway as people who believe in that tripe tend to dribble when they try to count past 12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

7 inches

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭buzzinfly83

Aquarius.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Hank Scorpio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

Taurus sun, virgo moon.

I'm quite sceptical about astrology but I like to think I've an open mind- had my birth chart looked at before and it was eerily accurate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm Starsign Fluid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Ipso wrote: »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnum_effect

Doesn't mean it's all wrong.

I'd say 80 - 85% is accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    Doesn't mean it's all wrong.

I'd say 80 - 85% is accurate.

How can it be accurate? It's pure cold reading. What is it about those stars out of the million other ones that makes them impact peoples lives (then there is the precession of the equinoxes as someone else mentioned)?
    Besides, shouldn't there be 13 groups of people worldwide living the exact same lives?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

I am Pyrex......a test tube baby.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Taurus.

I do have quite a few Taurean traits - loyal, possessive and determined but I think 95% of astrology is mumbo jumbo rubbish.

I do think there is something to it - but not to extent that astrologers waffle on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭indioblack

Capricorn.
    I'm a goat.
    An old goat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Flibble wrote: »
    Taurus sun, virgo moon.

I'm quite sceptical about astrology but I like to think I've an open mind- had my birth chart looked at before and it was eerily accurate!

Apt username.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

This one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement