Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is your starsign?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

I know it's my planet ....the mother land ! :p

Its not a planet though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

Gemini or Scorpio, I'd say.

:D

Both. Gemini with scorpio moon. I'd say more scorpio than Gemini myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,499 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Pisces and I can't swim .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Gemini or Scorpio, I'd say.

Good observation there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭Nyctolust

I'm a Scorpio. It's always entertaining reading people's dissections of Scorpios, like the whole "they're cunning manipulative selfish ambitious sex-crazed untrusting psychopaths who would kill you easily" kind of thing, because I'm nothing like what everyone thinks Scorpios are - or at least, if I am, I don't intend to be at all. People have literally assumed I'm a Pisces and I don't really get that.
    Still proud to be a Scorpio though even if others don't think I have the "typical personality" of one, I've got a t-shirt with the constellation stitched into the pocket and all. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Beyondgone wrote: »
    :D

Both. Gemini with scorpio moon. I'd say more scorpio than Gemini myself.

I half disbelieve you now. I had a Google. Be careful not to ''fall in with evil companions and to be attracted to the waifs and strays of the world'' :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭koumi

Libra, the mechanical scale

I half disbelieve you now. I had a Google. Be careful not to ''fall in with evil companions and to be attracted to the waifs and strays of the world'' :)

I know what Widdershins means tho, the old meaning. So we're sort of even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I'm a cancerian.

I don't believe this sort of stuff at all BUT...
    Through my life a disproportionate amount of my most significant friendships and relationships have been with other Cancerians which has always struck me as weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Also....
    there should have been a poll and we could have scientifically determined what star sign is most likely to use an Irish online forum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

If the Earth's axis was as tilted as Uranus then star signs would be very complicated.

Leave my anus out of this.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Mastadon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Pisces.

For whatever reason I REALLY like people born around my own birthday. If I meet someone new and get on like a house on fire immediately then they're often born within a few days of me. Couldn't tell you why but there tends to be an instant attraction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I'm also a Capricorn.

I have looked up readings on my starsign for a few years through daily horoscopes and the like. But I never done it in a long time because of me being busy with other things in my life. I might go back to them to give me some guidance in the future.

A good tip for reading your daily horoscope is not to read them one day late because it will give you bad luck.

This happened to me a few years ago in school. A lot of my classmates had heard a daily horoscope in a newspaper in class a few years ago. There was two copies of the same paper placed on the desks. I read the expired one first, threw that away, and I then read the up to date one for that day. My classmate started reading horoscopes to my classmates that were a day late. It turned out that they made a fool of themselves with other mates in their year out of their own making. I secretly didn't know what to think of myself as they were having such a horrible day in school. And I was having a grand day in school after I escaped from all the negative ****e thrown onto me. I think I was very lucky to even escape it at all in that respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I'm also a Capricorn.

I have looked up readings on my starsign for a few years through daily horoscopes and the like. But I never done it in a long time because of me being busy with other things in my life. I might go back to them to give me some guidance in the future.

A good tip for reading your daily horoscope is not to read them one day late because it will give you bad luck.

This happened to me a few years ago in school. A lot of my classmates had heard a daily horoscope in a newspaper in class a few years ago. There was two copies of the same paper placed on the desks. I read the expired one first, threw that away, and I then read the up to date one for that day. My classmate started reading horoscopes to my classmates that were a day late. It turned out that they made a fool of themselves with other mates in their year out of their own making. I secretly didn't know what to think of myself as they were having such a horrible day in school. And I was having a grand day in school after I escaped from all the negative ****e thrown onto me. I think I was very lucky to even escape it at all in that respect.
    Jebus wept....

And you're probably not a Capricorn, not that it reads like facts might make much of a difference.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Persephone kindness

Nyctolust wrote: »
    I'm a Scorpio. It's always entertaining reading people's dissections of Scorpios, like the whole "they're cunning manipulative selfish ambitious sex-crazed untrusting psychopaths who would kill you easily" kind of thing, because I'm nothing like what everyone thinks Scorpios are - or at least, if I am, I don't intend to be at all. People have literally assumed I'm a Pisces and I don't really get that.
    Still proud to be a Scorpio though even if others don't think I have the "typical personality" of one, I've got a t-shirt with the constellation stitched into the pocket and all. :P
    Scorpio is intuitive. Protective of loved ones. They think for themselves. They tend to have an understanding of the deeper under lying things in life and people. They have a lot of emotional richness. And they can do tactics when they need to. Most tend to do that for career though. They switch it off for life. They have their own values. And will work towards what they believe in. :) I like scorpios :)

They do like sex too though ;P

I'm a cancerian.

I don't believe this sort of stuff at all BUT...
    Through my life a disproportionate amount of my most significant friendships and relationships have been with other Cancerians which has always struck me as weird.
    Me Cancer too...omg ...LOVE YOU! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

They do like sex too though ;P

This is hardly unique to any star sign ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Aspadeaspade

I'm a Pisces, nail on head (y)

I am not that sexual ..cancer..it's prolly just me though :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Ah but they do it while gazing at the stars. That's what you're missing out on Tom. Even if you had some glow in the dark ones that you can stick on the ceiling, you will become enlightened.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Ah but they do it while gazing at the stars. That's what you're missing out on Tom. Even if you had some glow in the dark ones that you can stick on the ceiling, you will become enlightened.
    the world is a gutter but some of us are looking at the stars ?:p

I am not that sexual ..cancer..it's prolly just me though :P

Definitely just you :p

the world is a gutter but some of us are looking at the stars ?:p

You know that quote 'shoot for the moon and if you fall short you might end up on a star'.

It's bullsh1t P-Phone. Name me a star that is closer to the earth than the moon is?

What are we talking about again?

• Advertisement

You know that quote 'shoot for the moon and if you fall short you might end up on a star'.

It's bullsh1t P-Phone. Name me a star that is closer to the earth than the moon is?

What are we talking about again?
    No I never heard that. :) Starsigns. :)

No I never heard that. :) Starsigns. :)

My Daddy forgot to pull out during Sagittarius. That makes me a Leo.

My Daddy forgot to pull out during Sagittarius. That makes me a Leo.
    lol:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I am not that sexual ..

A good ride will sort that right out, ironically enough.

Actually is there any ailment that can't be sorted out with a nice cup or tea, or a good ride? If combining both I'd recommend the ride first and the tea after.

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Uranus

*snigger *

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Vela

Aries with all of the associated traits, but I wouldn't put any stock in it. Once dated a guy whose Mam actually made a living as an astrologer. Seriously, people ate that sh1t up. She was American though.. not sure if there are any astrologers rolling in the euros over here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Virgo, but it's all utter bollocks really. Especially given that when one considers the procession of the heavens over time, whatever "star sign" you think you are is likely a month out compared to the ancients*. But a virgo would say that I suppose...

*who had many different measurements depending on culture.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Virgo, but it's all utter bollocks really. Especially given that when one considers the procession of the heavens over time, whatever "star sign" you think you are is likely a month out compared to the ancients*. But a virgo would say that I suppose...

*who had many different measurements depending on culture.

You can't be. I've heard Virgo are very long winded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Scorpio!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

pyrex , I'm a test tube baby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Scorpio is intuitive. Protective of loved ones. They think for themselves. They tend to have an understanding of the deeper under lying things in life and people. They have a lot of emotional richness. And they can do tactics when they need to. Most tend to do that for career though. They switch it off for life. They have their own values. And will work towards what they believe in. :) I like scorpios :)

I'm a Scorpio too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭seenitall

Aries - all about the No. 1, and throwing raging strops when they don't get their way. Ego the size of which is superceded only by that of Leo. It is a hot sign, though.

Taurus - slow, stingy, stick in a mud. Whoever said they are generous, hasn't a clue. All about food and other carnal pleasures, and a born collector. Their perfect lover turns into a hot little enchilada at the chime of midnight.

Gemini - two faced (obvs) charmer, shifty, untrustworthy. Forever young. Swear undying love in the morning, don't remember your name the same evening. Would talk the hind leg off a donkey. Trusting them is a big mistake. All about diversification.

Cancer - you know the phrase "no strings attached"? Well, there is no such thing with these guys. Ever. I've had Cancerian friends drive me demented with their clingy, moody, suffocating ways. Good points: caring, giving, compassionate. All about vulnerability.

Leo - Kings and Queens of Ego, of course (prime examples Madonna and Charlize Theron). Tend to strive for fame, celebrity or royalty. Good points: generosity and dignity. The perfect lover has to bow down to them and service them. All about pomp and circumstance. Good with kids.

Virgo - they are the natural servants to the above Lion. Service and health oriented. As ever-youthful looking as Geminis. Pragmatic, practical, adaptable. A cold sign, though - but they take that as a compliment.

Libra - all about relationships, the Me and the You balancing out the opposite sides on the scales of Romance and Equality. The silly, vain head-wrecker of the Zodiac. All about looks.

Scorpio - sex, power, mystery, in no particular order and sometimes all at the same time. Addicted to delving into the darkest depth of the human experience. The Aries and the Leo are the flashy swagger signs, but these guys do actually have a dangerous edge to them. The perfect partner: a drug dealer or a prostitute. In a pinch, any old wino will do (that's why they get along well with most Pisces, hehe)

Sagittarius - an open book, basically (just to counter the previous guys) Adventure, optimism, travel. Life is a beach! They have amazing smiles.

Capricorn - serious, responsible, constructive. These are the people you actually can rely on. Unfortunately, they also tend to be cold, unyielding social climbers and workaholics, but hey, nobody's perfect! (Except for Capricorns, or at least THEY think so)

Aquarius - see themselves as social revolutionaries or inventive originals, while in reality they are impractical, space cadet commitment-phobes. One big plus, though: they excel at pure friendship and friendliness. Masters of not giving a toss about a person's looks, gender, age, class, religion or skin colour. None of that matters. Therefore: all about altruism.

Pisces - the last sign, the lost souls. Individuality meets the oneness of the universe and other such assorted wisdom. Prone to frequent intoxication and fatal attractions. Endless artistic creativity, if only they had the discipline to harness it. The perfect partner: a psychiatric nurse.

I wrote the above just for fun, folks. An amalgam of the stuff I have read through the years. Don't take it too seriously! :D

Wow that's accurate!

Vela wrote: »
    Aries with all of the associated traits, but I wouldn't put any stock in it. Once dated a guy whose Mam actually made a living as an astrologer. Seriously, people ate that sh1t up. She was American though.. not sure if there are any astrologers rolling in the euros over here.

You'd be wrong. There are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭koumi

seenitall wrote: »
    Libra - all about relationships, the Me and the You balancing out the opposite sides on the scales of Romance and Equality. The silly, vain head-wrecker of the Zodiac. All about looks.
    I are fended

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

I am Pyrex......a test tube baby.

I'm a borosilicate myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Aquarius - see themselves as social revolutionaries or inventive originals, while in reality they are impractical, space cadet commitment-phobes. One big plus, though: they excel at pure friendship and friendliness. Masters of not giving a toss about a person's looks, gender, age, class, religion or skin colour. None of that matters. Therefore: all about altruism.

Also, exceptional and generous lovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I'm that weighing scales one, library or whatever its called

jamesbere wrote: »
    I'm that weighing scales one, library or whatever its called

You're a Libra.

Also, exceptional and generous lovers.

Bloody flakey tho. Great craic, but there's a huge chance they'll sleep it out and miss the party/work...mainly work..they never miss parties..

I did a quiz on Buzz Feed one day asking "Can we guess your star sign?" and I said "No." But I did it anyway, and at the end of it, it said "You got Cancer". Bit uncalled for. I was only being skeptical.

And I was right, I'm not a Cancer.

Aries - all about the No. 1, and throwing raging strops when they don't get their way. Ego the size of which is superceded only by that of Leo. It is a hot sign, though.

Why are the Aries ones all so insulting :( It makes me think of Keith Thing's jumping around with his big mad head on in the video for The Prodigy's Twisted Firestarter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Why are the Aries ones all so insulting :( It makes me think of Keith Thing's jumping around with his big mad head on in the video for The Prodigy's Twisted Firestarter.

At least you're not a Cancerian, always described as a clingy, moody oversensitive crab.

(Am I getting oversensitive about this?) :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭seenitall

Oh goodness, didn't I say not to take it seriously!

But really now, if it makes you feel better, my birthday is 24th March, so... ;)

You seem to have a knack for the symbolism sorted anyway (that would be the Scorpionic side of you), as Aries is a fire sign, and traditionaly considered the first sign of the Zodiac (beginning at the spring equinox) = the Firestarter.

(And yes, that video is very Arian)

• Advertisement

Oh goodness, didn't I say not to take it seriously!

But really now, if it makes you feel better, my birthday is 24th March, so... ;)

You seem to have a knack for the symbolism sorted anyway (that would be the Scorpionic side of you), as Aries is a fire sign, and traditionaly considered the first sign of the Zodiac (beginning at the spring equinox) = the Firestarter.

(And yes, that video is very Arian)

Oh don't worry, just joking :)

I remember doing a ''which cartoon superhero are you?'' quiz as a child and I kept getting the orange-haired pleb whose only talent was setting fire to things. It was a fella as well, I wanted to be the dark-haired tornado woman or the slinky blonde who could levitate things :D He was very Aries

Advertisement