Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Convert XP Laptop to media player

• 09-06-2017 11:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭

Sorry if this has been discussed before but hopefully someone can recommend something to me.

I have an old HP laptop running XP. I want to get rid of XP and use this laptop to watch movies, etc. I would like to download some of the apps that are available on android to do this, then download some movies from these apps and store them on the laptop. Then bring the laptop on holidays, where there is no wifi, to watch the movies.

Can you recommend an OS to use on this laptop for this purpose? something that will boot quickly and that kids/ wife could use easily enough.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Something like Linux Mint would do the do. You can technically install Android apps but not all will work. Probably easier just to transfer the movies via USB key / external hdd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Mr Rubicon Conundrum

Thanks for that, ill try Linux mint.

Advertisement