Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Herbs and spices to put into scrambled eggs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

I do mine in the microwave in 20 second bursts. Takes about 1.5 mins. Comes out perfect and no messy pot to clean!
    1. It's called either "Man Oven" or "Bachelor oven" depending which side of the Atlantic you're on, we don't care how it works. :D
    2. Every bloody cafe does the same on their brunch menus now, can't find a dacent cafe who actually scrambles eggs in this country anymore..
    3. Has to be done with with Ballymaloe relish or her homemade apple chutney, whatever's closer to hand, not too much just a teaspoon and lots of cheese in the fallout after! If I can get away with raiding the last bit of her double cream or clotted cream after she's baked it's a double great success :D Can't be dealing with this plain stuff anymore :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,569 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I always made scrambled eggs carefully with butter and a drop of milk and slow gentle cooking. Then one time I was in the vicinity of an open wood fire and someone made scrambled eggs by just throwing half a dozen eggs in to a bacon-y frying pan and stirred like mad then distributed random dollops onto whichever plate got there first. Heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭pawrick

Salt
    Pepper
    Parsley
    Worchester sauce
    Chilli flakes
    Not all together

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

A little bit of njuda (soft spicy Calabrian salami) adds a nice kick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

The Pepperpot cafe in Powerscourt Shopping Centre do some of the best scrambled eggs I've had out lately. They serve them with chives.

If I'm cooking at home I normally just season with salt and black pepper.

They can be quite tasty with chorizo also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Fresh chives would be my first choice along with black pepper. Made with cream and topped with a bit of smoked salmon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I cook it more like an omelette I guess but spring onions & small diced smoked rasher bits. With ground paper and salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Cayenne pepper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Just came across this and thought of this thread:

https://food52.com/blog/19172-you-ll-never-think-of-scrambled-eggs-as-simple-again

Some of the ideas are pretty adventurous :p
    Scrambled eggs with dates, anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Just came across this and thought of this thread:

https://food52.com/blog/19172-you-ll-never-think-of-scrambled-eggs-as-simple-again

Some of the ideas are pretty adventurous :p
    Scrambled eggs with dates, anybody?

I just tried the Thai one. Lovely.
    More of an omelette than scrambled eggs.

Two eggs, half a teaspoon of cornflour, splash of fish sauce, juice of half a lime, chopped chives and a chopped green birdseye chilli.

Served with black pudding and a salad of tomato and cucumber with, lime, fish sauce, oil, soy sauce and fresh mint.

Great brunch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

Like a lot of things in life and cooking, they are better off left simple. A few cracks of black pepper, perhaps some chives.

Whoever suggested mint needs to get back into the padded room.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Chive or dill would be my choice along with tarragon. I am not sure if the second two would be everyone's taste though.

Advertisement