Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repainting / changing colour

• 09-06-2017 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭

Hi lads / ladies

My 2014 HD Street Glide needs a little paint work from where Harley badly fitted the seat and it wore threw the paint and a couple of little bits and pieces.

I'm sort of on the fence on whether I should change the colour, it'd be a good opertunity or just to get it resprayed the same as the original (boring black).

My question is, does changing the colour of a bike devalue it in your opinion and would you prefer a bike in its original factory colour ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

D3V!L wrote: »
    Hi lads / ladies

My 2014 HD Street Glide needs a little paint work from where Harley badly fitted the seat and it wore threw the paint and a couple of little bits and pieces.

I'm sort of on the fence on whether I should change the colour, it'd be a good opertunity or just to get it resprayed the same as the original (boring black).

My question is, does changing the colour of a bike devalue it in your opinion and would you prefer a bike in its original factory colour ?
    Devalue it in my opinion.
    No matter how goodthe job is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Eh.... No.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,030 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I was looking at a bike a few years ago and a history check showed a colour change. I wondered why someone would change the colour of a vehicle for no reason, it put a doubt in my mind, so I moved on and bought a different bike.

It's a buyers market and unless it's heavily customised a colour change raises issues, but then the vast majority of buyers don't do history checks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Wouldnt put me off, especially if i liked the colour....could be a bonus to have something different....at the end of the day its your bike ,everyone else 's opinion doesnt mean jack.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Depends, mostly I'd avoid a resprayed bike. I know you keep yours in great condition and new so you'll be looking top dollar (rightly). If I was spending a wedge I'd want the original color.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

TBH, a full service history would be what I was looking for. You can tell within 10 mins of meeting someone if they are a chancer or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Thanks lads, some good points there.

Advertisement