Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travellers terrorizing Circular Road.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭DickoHara

Comerman wrote: »
    A majority of the houses are privately owned and then there's rented, council and RAS in Robertshill but I must point out that the house in question is NOT in Robertshill but on the circular Road. It was a privately owned house the council purchased for e250, 000 and Done it up the neighbours have been living there all their lives. I'm in Robertshill 14 years and any trouble was mainly due to council tenants but I will say don't always believe what you hear ðŸ‘
    I don't go by what I hear I see myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Gaspode wrote: »
    out & out bigotry and inflammatory remarks wont be tolerated. Stick to facts not sweeping generalisations

Fact - Travellers represent less than 0.5% of the general population.

Fact - Travellers represent in excess of 20% of the female prison population and 14% of the male population

Fact - Travellers are on average, 34 times more likely to be involved in indictable crimes than settled community.

Fact - Travellers in the main are a scourge on society.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

bertie4evr wrote: »
    I love the ordinary decent people who suddenly turn into the Fourth Reich with the mention of travelers.

Thats because they are scum. What do you want us to do, apologise for them? Fcking idiot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Thread closed, I will review later

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Supra lover 87

Drove past house three times on route to my friends house and each time stones have been thrown at my car by kids in house. The old couple next door have moved out and family members are minding the house iv been told by locals. I go to my Donald's at night around 00.30 and the kids are wondering around the car park begging for money and shouting abuse at people in cars and during the day they are throwing stones across the ring road at cars. Getting beyond a joke how they get away with where as if I did it I'd be in a world of trouble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Can't they bring in the riot squad or something to deal with these vermin? Ordinary Gardai clearly can't

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

Drove past house three times on route to my friends house and each time stones have been thrown at my car by kids in house. The old couple next door have moved out and family members are minding the house iv been told by locals. I go to my Donald's at night around 00.30 and the kids are wondering around the car park begging for money and shouting abuse at people in cars and during the day they are throwing stones across the ring road at cars. Getting beyond a joke how they get away with where as if I did it I'd be in a world of trouble

Nothing that can be done, they've everyone scared ****less of them. It's clear the house next door to them is now abandoned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

I actually f* cking hate knackers!!!

Society parasites who don't obey any laws and get handed stuff

No respect for anyone and all it's our culture ****e

God they make me angry

F*ck their rights

Your car could be damaged now and F all will happen !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

I've no time for this family but just want to say the "old couple next door" is a widower on his own and he hasn't moved out. The council are afraid of these people, they ruined every house they were given even burned one to the ground, terrorised every neighbour possible (they are very cute in their selection) and have turned this house into a mini petting zoo. They've got a caravan in the back for the son and tore down the new fence at the side to put a pony in on a council site but yet not one council official has the balls to say that's enough were moving you to the middle of a 40 acre wood and you can have all the animals you want and throw stones to your hearts content if thats your culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Gardai cant touch them now cause it is racism.

Country is a joke the social welfare class get everything and can operate with impunity and if the rest of the finacially struggling working do anything the book gets thrown at us.

• Advertisement

Nothing that can be done, they've everyone scared ****less of them. It's clear the house next door to them is now abandoned.
    House is not abandoned, the man became a bit of a recluse after the death of his wife last year and the council shoving ****e in beside him didn't help and this is my biggest gripe, he can't have a life and the council spout the "everyone is entitled to a home" ****e. There's a few of us cleaning up the garden etc for him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

This thread will be locked just like the last one (still under review by the way) because Boards will not allow free speech.

If people just give up the name calling and have a proper constructive thread about this problem then maybe it will be left open, we all seem to feel the same way anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

its the liberal left that are afraid to face facts. you silence this for so long and people are going to explode as seen by the responses in this thread and the other one. i've had my car hit be a rock twice going past that particular house a few months back, thought i hit a stone in the road that somehow flicked up onto my car the first time but when it happened the second time right as i passed that house it was apparent what was going on. And by reading the other thread that it has happened to other people just confirms my FACTS even more.

I'm just waiting for the snip mods to come along and shut it down.
    This country is gone soft with its liberal bull****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

This thread will be locked just like the last one (still under review by the way) because Boards will not allow free speech.

Free speech is one thing, using the racist names and aggressive overtones above is another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Shemale wrote: »
    Gardai cant touch them now cause it is racism.

Country is a joke the social welfare class get everything and can operate with impunity and if the rest of the finacially struggling working do anything the book gets thrown at us.

6 posts in and the attack on social welfare recipients begins. The OP is talking about members of the travelling community. How have you made the connection exactly?

It's a private site which can dictate exactly what is and is not said. Hate speech is not free speech. There's a difference. Then to be labelled a liberal because you don't agree with the vehement hatred shown by others.

If there's some trouble makers, call the Gardai, continue to do so and record your contacts. Get your neighbours to do the same. Every single time there's an offense committed. Organize community meetings, and write to your local politicians. Hound them for change.

6 posts in and the attack on social welfare recipients begins. The OP is talking about members of the travelling community. How have you made the connection exactly?

It's a private site which can dictate exactly what is and is not said. Hate speech is not free speech. There's a difference. Then to be labelled a liberal because you don't agree with the vehement hatred shown by others.

If there's some trouble makers, call the Gardai, continue to do so and record your contacts. Get your neighbours to do the same. Every single time there's an offense committed. Organize community meetings, and write to your local politicians. Hound them for change.

Take your head out of the sand. The Guards won't do anything and either will the politicians since this bunch are now a minority. I'd say you have had fcuk all contact with travellers judging by your idiotic post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

If people just give up the name calling and have a proper constructive thread about this problem then maybe it will be left open, we all seem to feel the same way anyway

+1

Let's keep this thread open by keeping it civil and honest. I don't think people need to censor their experiences or opinions, but if people can keep the language measured, then maybe there's scope for some useful learning and self-expression.

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Free speech is one thing, using the racist names and aggressive overtones above is another.

Sure ban people then and leave the thread open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

When it comes to this particular community threads are usually locked hella quick too...

I'm guessing some of the mods have family connections or something and don't want to see any criticism towards this community of agreeable's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

just tone down the keyboard warrior language and it would be fine as far as i can see

Has anything come off the protest march for animal rights after the travellers killed another horse?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Somehow I can't see them being swayed by public opinion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Take your head out of the sand. The Guards won't do anything and either will the politicians since this bunch are now a minority. I'd say you have had fcuk all contact with travellers judging by your idiotic post.

Your alternative is to go online and have a good moan about it? Tell me, what are your ideas to solve the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Somehow I can't see them being swayed by public opinion!

Of course not if anything they love the hate they get, some of them seem to thrive on it as far as I can tell...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Has anything come off the protest march for animal rights after the travellers killed another horse?

Any info on this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Ah jeez, it takes a special kind of poster to open a new thread with the exact same title as a locked one just below it.

There is no free speech on boards, but you knew that & agreed to it when you signed up so some of you complaining about it will just have to get over yourselves.
    There are plenty of echo chambers elsewhere on the internet that will just love to hear what you have to say about travellers.
    There is no specific agenda on boards to protect travellers, but we stamp down on anyone who cannot comment without resorting to name-calling, bigotry, and just talking out of their backside. See my comments on the previous thread re behaving like the civilised people you claim to be and not the type of sub-humans you claim the travellers are.

This basically:

I'll merge this lot into the old thread for the moment and when the local mods feel it is Ok to re-open they will do so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement