Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing rent payment date?

Options
  • 09-06-2017 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone had been in same position. I recently got a new job - my rent due date is 25th but I will now get paid last Friday of every month which differs month to month! Is it worth asking landlord if I can move the payment date? I really love the place though and don't want to cause any hassle!
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Shouldn't be a major issue. Just have a word.

I had similar before and it was fine. As long as the landlord is getting paid, in the month, then it shouldn't be an issue at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I wouldn't.

All it does is signal to the LL that you are living from pay to pay and jsvr no savings to tide you over if you got sick and couldn't work for a fortnight.

As a LL i would not be happy with a tenant like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

It happened to me before OP and I simply asked the LL. In my case I was actually moving it by 2 weeks so paid 2 weeks extra, he was fine with that, he's fairly sound anyway.

Maybe suggest moving it a week and offer to pay the extra week?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭posy2010

I have plenty of savings - I was just trying to avoid pulling from them.

I am going to ask anyway - if he says it doesn't suit, fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭posy2010

pilly wrote: »
    It happened to me before OP and I simply asked the LL. In my case I was actually moving it by 2 weeks so paid 2 weeks extra, he was fine with that, he's fairly sound anyway.

Maybe suggest moving it a week and offer to pay the extra week?

Yeah, only asking for 5 extra days and will pay obviously! Either way I will let him know saying no is also OK - just wanted to avoid pulling from savings with a mortgage application looming in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

posy2010 wrote: »
    Yeah, only asking for 5 extra days and will pay obviously! Either way I will let him know saying no is also OK - just wanted to avoid pulling from savings with a mortgage application looming in the future.

Yeah, honestly don't worry about it. Most LL's will appreciate you being upfront instead of being late with the rent anyway.

Advertisement