Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

selling with planning permission

Options
  • 09-06-2017 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

I'm thinking of selling a property and was considering applying for planning permission to help the sale. The property has room at the side for a double extension. What is the process and how much might this cost and do you need to submit final plans?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

What will you apply for planning for?
    How do you think it will aid the sale?

Personally, I'd rather buy the house with the space and apply for planning for a design that I wanted rather than someone else.

Process : engage architect, surveyor, engineer or technician. Prepare plans, public notices, lodge planning. Yes final plans have to be prepared.

Cost : depends. Anything from 1k to 3k.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

While planning permission might suit some. Most would want to build to their own design. Rejection of planning permission might have a negative effect on value.
    The property has room at the side for a double extension.
    Is there space for a second (smaller?) property? Note minimum garden size, etc. That would give the property an extra selling point.

Advertisement