Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why not use a Leaf granny cable all the time?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

MadLad's test of the Ioniq reported 15 minutes for a full charge beyond 80% at an fcp.
    It seems that some 50kW chargers can deliver 65kW!

firstly his test , showed it took , 18 minutes to go from 37% to 80%(19.21kWh) and a further 6 minutes or so ( his photo delayed things ) to go 90% ( 23.29 kWh )

These are not that dissimilar to a 30 kWh Leaf, especially the 40% to 80% , which averages around 20 % on my Leaf, my best current was 27A at 90% on a DBT

where the difference occurs is actually in the range that results from the charged energy , thats where the Ioniq scores over the Leaf. Once for a given range the Ioniq is going to charge faster upwards of 25% faster in some comparisons

A better comparison of course will be the 2018 Leaf, as that will be more comparable in tech developments then a model first developed in 2010 !

PS Im well aware then some FCPS can reach 65kW , but its only some, equally some seem to never get beyond about 40 kW

useless fact 1

a biscuit contains roughly 0.002 kWh of energy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,147 ✭✭✭✭KCross

BoatMad wrote: »
    firstly his test , showed it took , 18 minutes to go from 37% to 80%(19.21kWh) and a further 6 minutes or so ( his photo delayed things ) to go 90% ( 23.29 kWh )

These are not that dissimilar to a 30 kWh Leaf, especially the 40% to 80% , which averages around 20 % on my Leaf, my best current was 27A at 90% on a DBT

PS Im well aware then some FCPS can reach 65kW , but its only some, equally some seem to never get beyond about 40 kW

Does the 30kWh Leaf charge at 65kW on any FCP? I thought the max you could get was 45kW on the Leaf?

KCross wrote: »
    Does the 30kWh Leaf charge at 65kW on any FCP? I thought the max you could get was 45kW on the Leaf?

The current limit on the Chademo standard is 50 kw and Leafs can charge at that standard . Using Chademo in its current config, limits the Leaf to 50 kW

how many FCPs cannot deliver the full spec Chademo power

heres an interesting tidbit
    Well, that record was recently shattered by Arctic Roads (see Tweet above), who claims to have added 21.04 kWh to a 2016 Nissan LEAF (with 30 kWh battery pack) with a DC fast charger from Delta Electronics in just 26 minutes and 33 seconds.

whereas Mad lad, added 23 kWh in 24.xx minutes, comparing this at similar
    rates would mean the Ioniq would achieve similar kWh as the Leaf in 22,3 minutes

i.e. three minutes

Like I said not in itself enough to make any noticeable difference and such differences get smaller on smaller percentage battery charges

The big winner in the Ioniq is the efficiency , not the charge rate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

BoatMad wrote: »
    24 kWh
    Yes but I still find that the tapering in my car is worse at them, and they seem to be slower anyway - 44kW vs 50kW at Efacec units.
    I've seen 52kW reported with photos from a leaf user on the ievoa group on facebook before. From an efacec unit. so anythings possible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

BoatMad wrote:
    "A charging session starting from about 10% of capacity, filling up to 94% (fast charging above 94% is not available), took about 30 minutes. Bjørn notes for the last 15%, charging maxed out at about 20+ kW."

It's still about 25kW at 90%, after that it goes down a lot and indeed it stops at 94%. And at 80% it's still at 70kWh at a capable FCP, and close to 50kWh at the old skool efacec Irish chargers. Are you claiming the 30kWh Leaf has similar charging?

Taking on 21kWh in 30 minutes?

And let's be clear here. Ioniq can charge much faster. Irish hardware is letting it down. leaf can not charge faster

30 kWh Leaf at 90% ( actually 91% ) charging at 24KW at that point

interesting it was at 70 A ( approx 27Kw) at 89%

Like I said not material difference between it and the Ioniq on Irish hardware ( which is all that matters)

13 mins from 48% BY THE WAY

Are you claiming the 30kWh Leaf has similar charging?

yes, its close enough on irish hardware to be immaterial

420087.jpg

Advertisement