Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Expected depreciation - year on year (or should that be appreciation...)

• 09-06-2017 10:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭

If a slightly higher spec'ed 152 Leaf (acenta+ rather than 141 acenta and with half the mileage at point previous one was purchased at) is £1000 more expensive than the 141 Leaf bought the best part of 12 months earlier, is that a reasonable price uplift?

If anyone is asking why would I be bothered, it's a relevant question. I'm happy with current car. However, I guess I could stay in warranty, get a slightly higher spec'ed car - and keep it more relevant for sell off - as the next car thereafter would probably be the 30kW Leaf (I'll keep going up incrementally....as I don't see the Ioniq being affordable any time soon).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

Anyone? If I can recoup full value on my existing Leaf, does paying an extra GBP1000 to go from a 141 Leaf Acenta (with 45K miles on the clock at the time) to a 152 Acenta+ ...and all the plus seems to mean is 17" wheels (with 18K miles) make sense for an additional GBP1K (on what I paid previously)?

My existing Leaf is - as of today - out of warranty so switching would put me back within warranty cover again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I see you mention pounds in your OP, if your talking about importing from UK to still avail of warranty you would want to check that Nissan in Ireland will honour this as they legally only have to cover the 2 year mandatory warranty across the EU, anything else is at their discretion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

I see you mention pounds in your OP, if your talking about importing from UK to still avail of warranty you would want to check that Nissan in Ireland will honour this as they legally only have to cover the 2 year mandatory warranty across the EU, anything else is at their discretion.
    Nissan honour the warranty. I've put that to the pepsi challenge - as I had a warranty repair carried out last week (existing car is a UK import) - was reported just inside warranty in terms of mileage (100K) and the 3 years.

Advertisement