Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wife added to policy

Options
  • 09-06-2017 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭

So my wife has just started learning, i've just received my renewal quote of 570 fully comp, or 440 3rd party, i know it's an older car but going fully comp so can drive other cars and i have zero luck with windows

Now i've added her to my policy as a learner and that 570 has jumped to 770, not too bad, when she passes her test will that go up or down??

People have been telling me different things, on one hand, while she's a learner there will always be an experienced driver with her, hence i thought it may go down, but when she passes she'd be out on her own, which led me to believe it'd go up, but quite few people have said it would actually go down

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

scudzilla wrote: »
    So my wife has just started learning, i've just received my renewal quote of 570 fully comp, or 440 3rd party, i know it's an older car but going fully comp so can drive other cars and i have zero luck with windows

Now i've added her to my policy as a learner and that 570 has jumped to 770, not too bad, when she passes her test will that go up or down??

People have been telling me different things, on one hand, while she's a learner there will always be an experienced driver with her, hence i thought it may go down, but when she passes she'd be out on her own, which led me to believe it'd go up, but quite few people have said it would actually go down

Should reduce slightly when she passes the test though some insurers apply a loading for novice drivers so it might not be much or a reduction.

Advertisement