Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superintendent advance

Options
  • 10-06-2017 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I am wondering has anybody received their advance for superintending yet? I usually would have received it by now. Bit slower this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

Trekky77 wrote: »
    I am wondering has anybody received their advance for superintending yet? I usually would have received it by now. Bit slower this year?

Haven't received it yet. There was a line in one of the instruction booklets about the advance being paid five working days after 6th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I usually get it Tuesday morning!!
    I am finishing on Thursday ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

It's usually the night before you finish. In time to pay your attendent:)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Trekky77

Thanks, I saw the bit about five working days but it's usually before that. No worries either way. I am finished Wednesday. Looking forward to my first summer being paid! Leaving corrections in the rear view mirror. Could never subject myself or those close to me to the monster you become during those three weeks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

My advance is in :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Yeah I got it today, 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Got it today. Finish today. My first time doing this so Im sure I'm pointing out the obvious to everyone here, but ... My attendant gets 200€ for her time with me. She earned it and I don't begrudge her it. The department reimburse me for it, but I will obviously pay the heavy rate of tax on it. So, effectively, the dept are only paying her a little over 100. The rest I am paying her from my own pocket. That kind of annoys me, but is it true that our mileage is tax free? Because if so, I might not be as annoyed about the attendant stuff. Great money for the work all the same. Can't believe I didn't start doing this earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    Got it today. Finish today. My first time doing this so Im sure I'm pointing out the obvious to everyone here, but ... My attendant gets 200€ for her time with me. She earned it and I don't begrudge her it. The department reimburse me for it, but I will obviously pay the heavy rate of tax on it. So, effectively, the dept are only paying her a little over 100. The rest I am paying her from my own pocket. That kind of annoys me, but is it true that our mileage is tax free? Because if so, I might not be as annoyed about the attendant stuff. Great money for the work all the same. Can't believe I didn't start doing this earlier.

The mileage is tax free as it is classed as an expense. They money for the attendant is also repaid to you tax free as it is an expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

sitstill wrote: »
    The mileage is tax free as it is classed as an expense. They money for the attendant is also repaid to you tax free as it is an expense.

Oh wow, I didn't realise. That's actually great. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

First time superintending. When do we actually get paid for superintending?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

It depends how soon you finish up. Last year I finished up on the second last day of the exams , 23rd of June I think was the date and I got paid the middle of August. About 6 weeks. And sooner you put your expense form in in the post the better. I put it in when I'm leaving my box in.

Advertisement