Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second car insurance options

Options
  • 10-06-2017 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭

Have bought an 1999 MR2 roadster as a second car, have been told by my current insurer that I can't temporary transfer insurance to it as the car is in my name. Only want to use the MR2 when it's sunny so would be doing sfa miles.

Other than getting a second policy with zero NCB, what are my options?
    Is it possible to get classic insurance on cars under twenty years old?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

It's usually very difficult to do a temporary transfer onto another car that's in your name too.

Last year I tired all the usual classic company's to try get a classic policy on a 1997 MR2 with my 2007 Civic as a daily and was flat out refused by all of them. Mainly because "Jap can't be classic".

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Obviously if car wasn't in your name at the moment it would be covered third party once you have the insurance that covers that.

In cases though it is classed as fronting.

They will eventually close this I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭la ultima guagua

ARGINITE wrote: »
    Have bought an 1999 MR2 roadster as a second car, ...............Other than getting a second policy with zero NCB, what are my options?
    Is it possible to get classic insurance on cars under twenty years old?

ARGINITE

I'm wondering what country Arginite is based in for car insurance purposes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

ARGINITE

I'm wondering what country Arginite is based in for car insurance purposes

Ireland, in general with Galway as specific based on prevented posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Just to update this got classic insurance on the MR2 trough autoline.co.uk. They were very helpful, most of the other brokers and companies I call didn't want to hear anything about the car.

Yes I'm now back in Galway, Ireland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement