Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France spectator advice

Options
  • 10-06-2017 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Myself and a few others are going to the tdf this year for a few stages and I'm looking for some advice.

Has anybody ever been to the summit finish at Serre-Chevalier. It's the finish to stage 17. We have accommodation 3km away and would like to get a good experience of the stage. What's the best point to watch it from? When do they usually close the roads? What time should we be making are way down at? etc.

We will be going to the start at Braincon for stage 18 but I presume that's fairly straightforward watch the sign on, the caravan etc. Is there anywhere you can apply for passes to get some good access to the teams for a beginning to the stage?

We are fairly casual cycling fans but looking for a bit of craic and a good time. Any other advice would be welcomed! Thanks in advance.

Advertisement