Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I unlock my account?

Options
  • 10-06-2017 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, 

I received a message from BOI saying that my account has been locked even tough two days ago I used the card. There is a link in this message that I need to follow in order to unlock my account, but in the end it aks about my Verified Visa passord, which I do not have. I can login in my online account. I tried to sign up for a Verified Visa but I just find steps and no link to sign up.  How do I proceed to unlock my account and/or how do I sign up for a Verified Visa?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi, 

I received a message from BOI saying that my account has been locked even tough two days ago I used the card. There is a link in this message that I need to follow in order to unlock my account, but in the end it aks about my Verified Visa passord, which I do not have. I can login in my online account. I tried to sign up for a Verified Visa but I just find steps and no link to sign up.  How do I proceed to unlock my account and/or how do I sign up for a Verified Visa?

Thanks
    Hi Caroline,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

The message you received sounds like a spam or phishing email or text. We will never contact you to ask you to click on a link to unlock your account. Please don't enter any details on this link and if you have, please call BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 and an advisor will be happy to help you change your PIN for 365 Online for security. Our advisors are available on this number until 6pm this evening. We would also recommend that you run a virus scan if you clicked on this link.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement