Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sub-letting room. Documentation required

Options
  • 10-06-2017 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

I am subletting my room in Dublin for the 3 months as I am going taveling and have found a tenant.

My question is should I be getting a full deposit from them. They will probably look for a receipt is there template online for this, should I be writing there name in the lease and give them a copy.

Just wondering do I need some formal documentation in place, or should be okay just ensuring I get the rent each month.

Thanks everyone

Comments

MrSzyslak wrote: »
    I am subletting my room in Dublin for the 3 months as I am going taveling and have found a tenant.

My question is should I be getting a full deposit from them. They will probably look for a receipt is there template online for this, should I be writing there name in the lease and give them a copy.

Just wondering do I need some formal documentation in place, or should be okay just ensuring I get the rent each month.

Thanks everyone

I subletted a room before from someone also going travelling for the summer. I didn't get receipts or sign anything, I was happy enough that once payments were made by bank transfer that if there were any issues there was a paper trail there! I did pay a deposit of one month's rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MrSzyslak

I subletted a room before from someone also going travelling for the summer. I didn't get receipts or sign anything, I was happy enough that once payments were made by bank transfer that if there were any issues there was a paper trail there! I did pay a deposit of one month's rent.

Did you contact the estate agent. I don't really want to encase they say no. But I know the person sub letting. So they'll be no problems.

So basically it was an arrangement between you and the person you were subletting from. Did you pay the rent to them each month ?then they paid landlord I'd prefer to do it that way.

Plus I'm going to take care of the bills while I'm away seems fair.

MrSzyslak wrote: »
    Did you contact the estate agent. I don't really want to encase they say no. But I know the person sub letting. So they'll be no problems.

So basically it was an arrangement between you and the person you were subletting from. Did you pay the rent to them each month ?then they paid landlord I'd prefer to do it that way.

Plus I'm going to take care of the bills while I'm away seems fair.

Yep that's how it worked but the landlord knew about it.

Advertisement