Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting an insurance quote

Options
  • 10-06-2017 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

As my renewal quote has gone up by €160 I'm getting a few quotes. I've been with the same insurer for a few years.

Question is to do with accidents/claims in the last 5 years. I have an injury claim pending against a 3rd party for an accident 3 years ago. It was 100% the other drivers fault and it had no impact on my insurance. My insurer was told at the time.
    I have never claimed against my insurance policy and this is the only claim I've had against anyone else in nearly 30 years.
    Do I tell any potential insurer about this? I'm not trying to hide anything but I don't want any unnecessary hassle.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

tina1040 wrote: »
    As my renewal quote has gone up by €160 I'm getting a few quotes. I've been with the same insurer for a few years.

Question is to do with accidents/claims in the last 5 years. I have an injury claim pending against a 3rd party for an accident 3 years ago. It was 100% the other drivers fault and it had no impact on my insurance. My insurer was told at the time.
    I have never claimed against my insurance policy and this is the only claim I've had against anyone else in nearly 30 years.
    Do I tell any potential insurer about this? I'm not trying to hide anything but I don't want any unnecessary hassle.

Yes, you have to declare it and it will likely effect other companies willingness to quote you.

Advertisement