Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de Suisse

Options
  • 10-06-2017 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭

On now on eurosport, 6km ITT to start and Ryan Mullen in 1st for now.

Comments

Great result for Mullen , 8th over all I think.

Conor Dunne in the break today.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

crash and one of the polish carrots has been down a while and looks goosed

another crash and sagan was lucky not to be taken down in it though rohan dennis got caught in it

That CCC rider in the first one didn't look in good shape, his leg was either still attached or tangled with the bike , never a good thing to see a rider staying down making no attempt to get up :(

• Advertisement

Another day in the break for Aqua Blue , glad to see Hansen's work pay off for the points. I believe they got an invite to the Vuelta this year?

Mad pace to the finish, thought Sagan was coming off there at the end , well caught but I think Matthews was just to strong on the day.

Beautiful city, added to my list of places I've seen watching pro cycling that I'll visit one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Stage 4 - A day for the GC riders

tour-de-suisse-2016-stage-4-1488449889.png

The end looks weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee then agggghhhhhhh , what % is the final climb? Looks like a 10k climb with the k standing for killer!!!!!!

The end looks weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee then agggghhhhhhh , what % is the final climb? Looks like a 10k climb with the k standing for killer!!!!!!

The '3D' stage profiles can be a bit deceptive sometimes... but this climb should be pretty tough. First half seems harder than the end.

stage-4-ollon.jpg

Some of the main GC guys and their current placings in the GC classifcation:

419755.png

(I've included TvG for the laugh)

I'm interested to see how the winner from last year, Miguel Angle Lopez (Astana) goes. He crashed out of the 2016 Vuelta, won Milan-Torino, and then broke his leg in training during the winter. He only raced for the first time this year on June 8th.

And I'm also interested in how Betancur does! He performed well in the first round of the Hammer series. I think he has slimmed down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Beautiful city, added to my list of places I've seen watching pro cycling that I'll visit one day.

I lived in Bern for a few years. Beautiful city alright but more Town like than big city.

Think Philip Deignan is here for Sky no? Might see him today.

Some bizarre scheduling from Eurosport today...

Live coverage of Stage 4 on the Eurosport Player this afternoon, while on Eurosport2 they are showing highlights from Stage 3 :confused:

I suppose they advertised live Tour de Suisse coverage exclusively on the Eurosport Player so you'd be pretty pissed if they started showing it on the TV channel.

Break have 7 minutes with 70km left coming up on 1st climb.

Eurosport scheduling of cycling last 2 weeks has been a joke. Again today pushing tennis. Some minor game in germany. Tds on at 3pm on the uci channel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Some bizarre scheduling from Eurosport today...

Live coverage of Stage 4 on the Eurosport Player this afternoon, while on Eurosport2 they are showing highlights from Stage 3 :confused:

I suppose they advertised live Tour de Suisse coverage exclusively on the Eurosport Player so you'd be pretty pissed if they started showing it on the TV channel.

Does anyone else find that sky series link doesn't work for the highlights on eurosport? Had to manually do it for this and same with the dauphine last week

Break down to 5:30 now warbasse still in it for aqua blue

TV coverage doesn't affect me as I only have the player , only Saorview here otherwise :o

Buy yet again on the UCI channel it's a lottery as to whether it will have commentary, has today but there was none yesterday.

coco0981 wrote: »
    Does anyone else find that sky series link doesn't work for the highlights on eurosport? Had to manually do it for this and same with the dauphine last week

Sorry I can't help you as I watch Eurosport using Sky Go.

Ha swiss riders talking to the TV bike, out for a spin they are :D

• Advertisement

Oh come on warbasse !!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Aqua Blue's first WT level victory, good going for the team!

Delighted , thoroughly deserved for the work they put in this week.

Inquitus wrote: »
    Aqua Blue's first WT level victory, good going for the team!

It's their first win in any race (level) I think?

Lad is totally overjoyed there. Reporter showing a bit of class wrapping it up quickly.

BMC to hold yellow till the last day but loose it ....... again :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Ball sacks! I watched yesterday's stage thinking it was today's live. F you Eurosport.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    Ball sacks! I watched yesterday's stage thinking it was today's live. F you Eurosport.

Ahhhhh no :D

Highlights for today at 9 I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Subpopulus

It's their first win in any race (level) I think?

I thinks so too. For a while I was worried that the team had bitten off more than they could chew in going straight up to pro-conti level and competing at World Tour events in their first year but the past few days show that they belong at this level. Twill be interesting to see how they do at the Vuelta

Advertisement