Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Court Order Dolphin House

Options
  • 10-06-2017 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi all just looking for a bit of advice. Sorry for long post :(

My OH was in court last year with his ex regarding access to his daughter. It was set out that access was to be agreed on to work around his work roster as he works shift work so no set days off etc. This is stated in the court order.

Over the past year his ex has been uncooperative with the court order and access days and sometimes there's weeks that go by and he doesn't see his daughter because that day "doesn't suit" his ex for whatever reason. There is absolutely nothing he can do about it and he tries to reasonably reason with her with no success. She has lied about being away etc so he doesn't get a day with her it's ridiculous!

He has bent over backwards so much for her over the past year and has just let her away with so much regarding the court order but enough really is enough. we are due our own baby in a few weeks so we're really contemplating going back to court to get it sorted in hope that she will cooperate a bit more and realise how serious the matter is and there's not a big hullabaloo every month over dates!

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience in going back to Dolphin House when the other person of the court order doesn't comply with it and what the procedure is? Would there be a need for a solicitor or is it a straightforward of listing out dates when she wouldn't allow access etc.

We just want to be able to focus on our family when the new baby gets here instead of having to constantly deal with the unnecessary crap as it's just upsetting my OH so much at this stage that it's starting to really get to me too! They have tried to sit down and talk about it and they've tried mediation but no success so this just feels like the only option now!

I know some people may not want to reply to this here publicly but please PM me if you've been in this situation because I'd really really appreciate the advice! Thanks xxx

Advertisement