Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Way Out (EA's Prison Break style CO-OP game)

Options
  • 10-06-2017 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭

Officially unveiled at EA Play 2017, A Way Out is a couch or online co-op only game where you play the role of one of two prisoners in a daring escape over and beyond the prison walls.

What begins as a thrilling escape quickly turns into an emotional adventure unlike anything seen & played before. A Way Out is a two-player experience. Each player controls one of the main characters, working together to escape the prison and continue beyond into each character’s lives.

It is a game that explores the notion of trust, companionship and facing up to consequences.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Definitely interested in this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

It looks really good, but a lot will ride on how free form the "escape" is. If there are multiple ways to acquire the necessary stuff it could add a bit of replay-ability.

If not, it might be a nice ride but suffer the same problem a lot of single player games have; once you have experienced the WOW! factor a 2nd playthrough wont hold you as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,919 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Definitely caught my interest.

New interview with director Josef Fares, some good stuff in here.

http://www.gamesradar.com/we-have-naughty-dogs-coffee-budget-a-way-outs-josef-fares-on-brothers-couch-co-op-and-taking-risks-in-an-industry-that-likes-to-play-it-safe/?utm_content=bufferd0883&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_grfb

Yupp!!
    I think the game industry listens too much to their customers at times, since players don't always know what they want to play

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement

It's great how you can play online with a friend and they don't need a copy of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Getting good reviews, out tomorrow for 30? I'm mad to play it but will pick it up after far cry. Anyone getting it on launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone getting it on launch?

I'm interested, but it seems to be quite short and gameplay vids have me a little worried about the amount of QTE

Think I'll wait for a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Giving EA launch-day money? F**k that noise

• Advertisement

Giving EA launch-day money? F**k that noise

Tbh I wouldn't even see it as EA, this guy deserves everyone's money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭Sparko

27.99 in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,367 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Looks amazing,

Now if i could only find friends to play it with....

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Played this at weekend. Mate bought copy and was I was able to play along with him without a copy. Quite a seasmless process, but did require about a 28 gig download to get a trial version of the full game.

Loads of great concepts in the game, and the split screen concept works really well. So many times where we were so involved in game in order to help each other move through different sections of the game, eg distract a guard so that your partner can grab a key. Additionally a fair amount of in game mini games where you can challenge each other (arm wrestling, darts, baseball etc) which dont impact the game but got our competitive juices running. We enjoyed playing so much that we completed it in one sitting!!! :D:D Was about 6 hours in length, and there is some replay value due to the story, but dont think there is any unlockables etc. Would be first game (that I can remember) that I would buy future DLC for should they release any, as enjoyed concept. For what was effectively 15 quid each I thought was well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Played and finished this tonight, its a very good game that takes about 5 hours to complete and half of that is cut scenes.

Its made to be played in one go and I was very surprised at how good it was. only one player needs to buy it. It is very story heavy so expect that.

The ending is kinda obvious but still very well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Doge

Just played this with a friend and wow, it blew away my expectations.
    The game really shines in the 2nd half of the story and the ending.

The
    hospital getaway
    was really intense and reminded me of Streets of Rage style combat for one scene.

It's just a shame that it's being overshadowed by AAA games released around the same time, I really hope it does well.

The interactivity and mini games were fun, I'd say we went over the 6 hour mark and played somewhere below 8 hours as we didn't rush our way through it.

Going to play it again as the other character with another friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Doge wrote: »
    Just played this with a friend and wow, it blew away my expectations.
    The game really shines in the 2nd half of the story and the ending.

The
    hospital getaway
    was really intense and reminded me of Streets of Rage style combat for one scene.

It's just a shame that it's being overshadowed by AAA games released around the same time, I really hope it does well.

The interactivity and mini games were fun, I'd say we went over the 6 hour mark and played somewhere below 8 hours as we didn't rush our way through it.

Going to play it again as the other character with another friend.

I would love to play it as it's completely different, dont have anyone to play with though so not worth dropping the cash for it. Not the games fault just on my end. Looks brilliant all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Finished this last night with a friend who bought it. Thought it was only middling. Story was very predictable and had every cliche in the book. Not terribly challenging either, guards and bad guys you were supposed to distract seemed fairly oblivious to your presence anyway.

For me a game that was a jack of all trades and a master of none. Very little replay value either.

Advertisement