Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Workbench/Heavy Duty Table Prices and where is best to buy from?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

The last 2 from Amazon & eBay would appear to be just the hardware, as they say "lumber not included" in the item description.

Sorry if I'm missing the point somehow!

Hopkins 90164 2x4basics Workbench and Shelving Storage System
    Features:

- Custom workbench of any length (up to 8-feet), width (up to 4-feet), and configuration, 36-inches high
    - Only 90 degree cuts are required, all hardware is included
    - Workbench and ShelfLinks support spans up to 8-feet (2.4 m) and 1000 pounds (400 kg) per shelf
    - Includes 4 workbench legs, 6 ShelfLinks; lumber not included
    - Limited two year warranty

EDIT, Ha, you've just beaten me to it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

You don't need a workbench just for setting the rigs on, u are paying for stuff you wont need.
    Depending on the weight, perhaps get a local engineering shop to weld you up a pair of angle iron "cubes" and you could have them drill the top angles to allow you bolt on maybe 25mm WBP ply and the bottom for four adjustable legs for levelling... and maybe some adjustable wheels for moving...

Attached is just some booze assisted doodles

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Yeah, i only noticed it on the ebay listing just after i posted it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Why don't you buy some metal table legs and bolt some ply sheets on top. ? Ikea have some very cheap and adjustable table legs for 10 euro. Alternatively there are loads of router/workshop tables made from angle iron out there.

Advertisement