Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTW with Rose online

Options
  • 10-06-2017 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Couldn't find an answer to this in BTW megathread.
    Has anyone here bought a bike from Rose on BTW. I have bought from them before but not on scheme. AFAIK my work will deal with online but wondering what online seller needs to provide and if Rose will work.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,418 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

They need to provide an invoice made out to your employer. Your employer needs to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

email their customer service with your question. I've dealt with them in the past for a number of issues (not BTW though, sorry) and they have always been very helpful and lived up to their good customer service reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Beasty wrote: »
    They need to provide an invoice made out to your employer. Your employer needs to pay for it.

This.

There's nothing complicated about it. It's just another transaction for your company. You would want to make sure they have no issue dealing directly with Rose though before you place your order. A lot of larger companies only use cycle schemes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    This.

There's nothing complicated about it. It's just another transaction for your company. You would want to make sure they have no issue dealing directly with Rose though before you place your order. A lot of larger companies only use cycle schemes.

Plus 1. You need to contact Rose to kick the whole thing off in the same way you would for a cycle shop (picking a bike and giving invoice to employer). Details on their site.

If the bike is over €1000, the employer will have to pay the full amount to Rose. That killed it for my employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    iwillhtfu wrote: »
    This.

Plus 1. You need to contact Rose to kick the whole thing off in the same way you would for a cycle shop (picking a bike and giving invoice to employer). Details on their site.

If the bike is over €1000, the employer will have to pay the full amount to Rose. That killed it for my employer.
    I believe company has no issue with who supplier is and pays cash to the invoice.
    I did email Rose last week but got no reply which is unusual for them. I'll resend.
    However the issue of full invoice being issued to company may be problematic. Had hoped for split invoice and pay balance by CC. I'll talk to my friends in our accts dept tomorrow.
    Thanks to all for the helpful replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

They are usually good on reply. Finlay Paton is their UK sales manager.

Email him : fin at rose bikes dot co dot uk with no spaces (as its a personal address I have broke it out)

This is what he wrote to me:

However, if you order the bike on line through your company you are sent a full VAT invoice. We can't split an invoice unfortunately so you are limited to €1000 this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

Cheers Kaisr sose.
    Might be able to work out something at payroll end to get them to pay full invoice and then deduct the balance over the 1k as an after tax deduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Get In There

Hi OP,

Did you manage to buy the Rose bike via the scheme in the end?

I emailed them on Friday to enquire about availing of the cycle to work scheme to purchase a Rose bike. Their German rep replied saying they do not work with the bike to work scheme. I am thinking that confusion has obviously arisen, perhaps they may think I'm talking about the BTW voucher crowd when I just simply want them to issue an invoice to my employer for the scheme, none of that third party malarkey.

I may email their UK sales manager to see if he can help but it would be great if you could confirm that you were able to purchase a Rose via the scheme in the end?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Hi OP,

Did you manage to buy the Rose bike via the scheme in the end?

I emailed them on Friday to enquire about availing of the cycle to work scheme to purchase a Rose bike. Their German rep replied saying they do not work with the bike to work scheme. I am thinking that confusion has obviously arisen, perhaps they may think I'm talking about the BTW voucher crowd when I just simply want them to issue an invoice to my employer for the scheme, none of that third party malarkey.

I may email their UK sales manager to see if he can help but it would be great if you could confirm that you were able to purchase a Rose via the scheme in the end?!

All you need to know is if they're registered for VAT in Ireland afaik. Rose don't care how or who pays for the bike it's just another transaction to them. I bought ones from Canyon a few years ago and it was a straight forward process. You basically order the bike as if you were paying yourself and when they issue you an invoice you send it to your accounts dept.

The issues arise when the employer only operates with voucher schemes etc.

Advertisement